• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Xilikon

20/8/19
I’m relatively new here, so apologize if this question sounds silly. I’ve come across the Sticked NWBIG list thats heavily viewed in this forum.

My question is where the ZF 15500 falls in this classification? Would it be considered a NWBIG? superclone? A watch with minor tells if closely examined?

I know this watch is relatively new, so I can understand if there isn’t a consensus yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly not a superclone as the movement view is a instant tell if you look. But while wearing, it's really close to gen in my opinion and there is no much visible flaws unless you examine it very carefully. legend could tell more as he own a gen.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’m relatively new here, so apologize if this question sounds silly. I’ve come across the Sticked NWBIG list thats heavily viewed in this forum.

My question is where the ZF 15500 falls in this classification? Would it be considered a NWBIG? superclone? A watch with minor tells if closely examined?

I know this watch is relatively new, so I can understand if there isn’t a consensus yet.

Xilikon thanks for the mention.

Firstly, you need to understand this is a rep. Giving it labels or classifications won't change what it is, and such things can be rather subjective depending on who assesses it. There will never be an exact consensus on what it is and it isn't. If you are not buying the watch to present as gen to others, then don't worry about tells. It is a $500 replica and it will definitely have tells. The issue will start if you try to pass it off as gen. You can fool a few people, but one day, someone will call it out, trust me. I will be able to call the watch out as a rep on your wrist at 1m away, does that count?
As for the tells, read up, and do your own comparisons between gen and rep pics. I am certain that you will be able to learn a few new things.

Reactions: Allure

Legacyy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/20
I'm looking to buy a 15500 as my first Rep.
Is the ZF the only good one right now? I read OMF isn't that great.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I'm looking to buy a 15500 as my first Rep.
Is the ZF the only good one right now? I read OMF isn't that great.

This is not the decision of your life !

Get it,i never understood why noobies are so afraid to buy a watch they like ...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Maybe being less a d1ck would help me more..

Thank you.

[mention]freediver [/mention] wasn’t being a dick. It does get tiring for the rest of us when newbies keep asking if this or that model is the best to get when all the information is readily available, and when it’s just a $400-500 watch. Hope you understand.

For what it’s worth, get the ZF15500, it’s a very good rep VS gen. Yes it is flawed like any other rep but it’s good enough to wear on the wrist.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Maybe being less a d1ck would help me more..

Maybe being less a d1ck would help me more...

Don’t take it personally there’s just very little patience on here for people who don’t read before asking questions. You may have thought his response was being off with you but calling people names like that is a whole other level!

Legacyy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/20
Well it seems I'm better helped at the repgeeks forum..
Don't care about your opinions with my posts

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
legend will soon publish a gen vs rep of the AP 15500, so please be patient. Read read read and patience are the keys to this hobby.

(this only if he finds the time as he seems way too busy taking shoots and teasing us with his gen 15711)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Well it seems I'm better helped at the repgeeks forum..
Don't care about your opinions with my posts

Maybe not acting like a complete entitled prick would help your cause as well. Grow some skin, until then, stay on the geek because RWI isn’t for you yet.

Infraction !remindme 3h

Samgobigs

11/2/20
legend will soon publish a gen vs rep of the AP 15500, so please be patient. Read read read and patience are the keys to this hobby.

(this only if he finds the time as he seems way too busy taking shoots and teasing us with his gen 15711)

Can’t wait to see his post. Apparently from what I’ve read, the date wheel font on the Gen has some high quality “anti-rep” (if you can call it that) features. I think AP invested heavily in some new printers. I’d be interested to see how the comparison turns out.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can’t wait to see his post. Apparently from what I’ve read, the date wheel font on the Gen has some high quality “anti-rep” (if you can call it that) features. I think AP invested heavily in some new printers. I’d be interested to see how the comparison turns out.

Lets put it this way: The gen and rep date fonts may be fundamentally different but on the wrist, it takes a trained eye to spot one or the other at a very close distance. The visual separation isn't meaningful for me. If the datewheel on other models, like the 15400 are examined in the same way, the same fundamental visual differences will apply.
The rep makers do not yet have the finesse to copy something intricate like the 15500 datewheel maybe, but visually, it does not stop the rep datewheel from looking decent when the watch is worn. If AP truly wanted to implement counter-replication measures, they should focus on something much more visible, and make it harder to replicate, for example, a gold tinged double curved crystal on the watch, or something like that theoretically. Given today's technology and innovation, I doubt there is anything the chinese cannot do. It is a matter of time before they will replicate most of the "cannot be repped" features. I am excluding minute repeaters, perpetual calendars and other intricate functions from this list currently but it will be a matter of time before the chinese catch up, and produce a decent version of what is "unreppable" today.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Lets put it this way: The gen and rep date fonts may be fundamentally different but on the wrist, it takes a trained eye to spot one or the other at a very close distance. The visual separation isn't meaningful for me. If the datewheel on other models, like the 15400 are examined in the same way, the same fundamental visual differences will apply.
The rep makers do not yet have the finesse to copy something intricate like the 15500 datewheel maybe, but visually, it does not stop the rep datewheel from looking decent when the watch is worn. If AP truly wanted to implement counter-replication measures, they should focus on something much more visible, and make it harder to replicate, for example, a gold tinged double curved crystal on the watch, or something like that theoretically. Given today's technology and innovation, I doubt there is anything the chinese cannot do. It is a matter of time before they will replicate most of the "cannot be repped" features. I am excluding minute repeaters, perpetual calendars and other intricate functions from this list currently but it will be a matter of time before the chinese catch up, and produce a decent version of what is "unreppable" today.

Technicality, manual knowledge and sophistication are hard to replicate. The 15500 is way to simple to be a hard one. As legend said, the DW is close enough when worn on the wrist. Same goes for the shape, dial colour, shape of tapisserie, hands, etc.... a chrono or a master piece like the 15407 is still way out of Chinese capability. Those are the real challenges.

But some factories are able to go very far. Have a look at the BBR factory and their Roger Dubis Excalibur Tourbillon V2. Mighty impressive (I actually ordered one to have a closer look)

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Technicality, manual knowledge and sophistication are hard to replicate. The 15500 is way to simple to be a hard one. As legend said, the DW is close enough when worn on the wrist. Same goes for the shape, dial colour, shape of tapisserie, hands, etc.... a chrono or a master piece like the 15407 is still way out of Chinese capability. Those are the real challenges.

But some factories are able to go very far. Have a look at the BBR factory and their Roger Dubis Excalibur Tourbillon V2. Mighty impressive (I actually ordered one to have a closer look)

Why the hell it costs $2.400 ??