• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I was merely bantering with my friend Swiss_goupil please don’t get offended lol.
Truth be told, the high-humidity and warm weather in singapore is terrible to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you misunderstood me, I was agreeing, the British weather is crap! I haven’t had a BBQ in about 6 months! :sad:

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think you misunderstood me, I was agreeing, the British weather is crap! I haven’t had a BBQ in about 6 months! :sad:

Oh I understood you perfectly lol.
But my apology was a courtesy to you and all other guys from UK for the comment on the weather, in case it was seen as a disparaging remark. So how’s your 15500 doing?

Xilikon

20/8/19
Really hard to decide wich one to choose, black or a grey one. If anyone could send pics/wristshot/video of his own black or grey zf 15500 I would really aprecciate. And yes I have read every page of this topic.

If you take the time to read the thread, you will find a few wrist shots. My grey ZF 15500 has been posted here ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Really hard to decide wich one to choose, black or a grey one. If anyone could send pics/wristshot/video of his own black or grey zf 15500 I would really aprecciate. And yes I have read every page of this topic.

If you are deciding between black and grey, choose grey. I don’t have pics for you but I don’t want to justify my advice but go for grey.

Reactions: Allure

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Oh I understood you perfectly lol.
But my apology was a courtesy to you and all other guys from UK for the comment on the weather, in case it was seen as a disparaging remark. So how’s your 15500 doing?

Haha ok, we don’t get offended by comments about our weather, it’s a bit of a national joke here!

15500 is great, gains around 8 secs per day which I’m very happy with.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I was merely bantering with my friend Swiss_goupil please don’t get offended lol.
Truth be told, the high-humidity and warm weather in singapore is terrible to say the least.

She is a deep sea diver professional, she should be fine with humidity ahaha

Tornado33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/20
If you are deciding between black and grey, choose grey. I don’t have pics for you but I don’t want to justify my advice but go for grey.

Thank you guys! I also noticed that you are planning to do comparison between zf grey vs gen. Thats super! Those both colours look stunning and I´ve been watching so many pics of those watches. Is it just me or is the zf grey bit darker than the gen grey colour? Those both colours black and grey are probably bit more matte than the gen but I think that the black color might be harder to fail.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Thank you guys! I also noticed that you are planning to do comparison between zf grey vs gen. Thats super! Those both colours look stunning and I´ve been watching so many pics of those watches. Is it just me or is the zf grey bit darker than the gen grey colour? Those both colours black and grey are probably bit more matte than the gen but I think that the black color might be harder to fail.

Definitely grey or blue. There’s far too many black dial watches about!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Firstly, If you have not held the gen and rep watch side by side, try not to make such statements. They can be misleading for the rest.
Second, if you are inclined toward the black, then get the black. You do not need to involve the community to make this decision for you when you already made your own choice.
Lastly, it simply does not matter if the rep dial is more matte, or glossier, or looks the same as the gen one. Its still a $500 replica watch and for those who know, you won't fool them and for those who don't, they won't care. Get what you like.
Grey or black, both are preferred by different members. You are not making a decision about a $20,000 watch, but a $500 one. I decided on the color for my gen alone and within 3 seconds. So is choosing the rep color such a tough choice? Even if you buy both and sell away the one you like less, its still a $1000 (-$400 sales return) decision and simply a matter of instinctive preference, and not which dial is closer to gen.
The reality is that both are reps and even if they look spot on, you will always know they are replicas. So get the one you prefer based on visual observation and not if this or that is "more gen-like".

jamesputtmann

Horology Curious
14/6/19
As a brand new member, having just ordered a black dial ZF 15500, and not wanting to break the rules ????, would anyone be so kind as to give me their opinion on my QC images? I promise to review and upload wrist shots once I receive it! ????

realising emoji's (????) dont work.... learning fast!

My recommendation for qc is to scan every pixel as best as you can in zoom. If you see something that looks beyond reasonable then you can ask for clarification. If the td sends more pictures and it is still bothersome, just request a new one.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
My recommendation for qc is to scan every pixel as best as you can in zoom. If you see something that looks beyond reasonable then you can ask for clarification. If the td sends more pictures and it is still bothersome, just request a new one.

Perfect.

And draw lines in photoshop.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Yes and while you are scrutinizing each pixel of a $500 rep remember to also micro examine each detail on screen under a 100x loupe to ensure that every cent of the $500 is well spent and accounted for. Don’t forget also drawing scores of grid lines to make sure that everything is perfectly aligned.

Come on, it’s a cheap rep. Manage your expectations accordingly. Blatant flaws should be rejected of course but scan every pixel? I don’t do that for my $20k gen. Lol.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Yes and while you are scrutinizing each pixel of a $500 rep remember to also micro examine each detail on screen under a 100x loupe to ensure that every cent of the $500 is well spent and accounted for. Don’t forget also drawing scores of grid lines to make sure that everything is perfectly aligned.

Come on, it’s a cheap rep. Manage your expectations accordingly. Blatant flaws should be rejected of course but scan every pixel? I don’t do that for my $20k gen. Lol.

I'd say that anyone who ever owned a few gens wouldn't do this type of 1000%-QC. My gens all had/have some kind of minor flaws when photographed and analyzed on atomic level. Fun fact: I never even knew, I just did this to compare the gen to QC photos of an Omega AT I ordered recently...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'd say that anyone who ever owned a few gens wouldn't do this type of 1000%-QC. My gens all had/have some kind of minor flaws when photographed and analyzed on atomic level. Fun fact: I never even knew, I just did this to compare the gen to QC photos of an Omega AT I ordered recently...

All high end gens are hand assembled and will show microscopic flaws and defects when zoomed x times. How can the rep be expected to be better? Lol

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Oh and don’t forget to make sure you’re getting the new 1:1 clone movement for it. It’s exclusive to new members of RWI that are worthy. The TDs decide if you’re worthy depending on how much of a pain in the ass you are during QC. The more you bother them, the higher your odds.

Reactions: Tompa and legend

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Oh and don’t forget to make sure you’re getting the new 1:1 clone movement for it. It’s exclusive to new members of RWI that are worthy. The TDs decide if you’re worthy depending on how much of a pain in the ass you are during QC. The more you bother them, the higher your odds.

i heard you need to reject a few to enter elite club

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
Sometimes on bad days, all I need is to log in to RWI and pick a random thread to bring a smile to my face.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
I’m relatively new here, so apologize if this question sounds silly. I’ve come across the Sticked NWBIG list thats heavily viewed in this forum.

My question is where the ZF 15500 falls in this classification? Would it be considered a NWBIG? superclone? A watch with minor tells if closely examined?

I know this watch is relatively new, so I can understand if there isn’t a consensus yet.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
I’m relatively new here, so apologize if this question sounds silly. I’ve come across the Sticked NWBIG list thats heavily viewed in this forum.

My question is where the ZF 15500 falls in this classification? Would it be considered a NWBIG? superclone? A watch with minor tells if closely examined?

I know this watch is relatively new, so I can understand if there isn’t a consensus yet.