• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15202 hand stack

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
What is a CNC 15202 case? Is this an aftermarket product, post us a link for more information. Thanks.
Have seen them for available from various WeChat and Chinese sellers but not sure if it is a big enough difference to warrant changing the ZF case

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Imho CNC case is worthless if you're not doing a 2121 build - a fat lady in a nice dress is still fat in the end

Best you need on ZF is a rebrushing and refinish and hand stack mod, refinish dial, and bam

• Haha
Reactions: Nono92 and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The so called "CNC 15202 case" is actually CNCed off a modified rep case meant to install the 2121 movement in, and NOT the gen.
The pluses are the better finishing (which a good modder can do) and the engravings, which are better.
It is not worth the asking price IMHO.

Reactions: Reaps

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
Now going in to the rabbit hole.

I already have 15202 with gen dial modded by Legend. (Thank you again for great piece of art) Thickness has been modded to 8.1mm too.

In This case, If I plan to buy k2121 gen movement below, I assume I will have to buy additional crown, datewheel, gen hands.

Or can I use crown and datewheel from ZF?

Thank you in advance :)

Reactions: grillbrill

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Now going in to the rabbit hole.

I already have 15202 with gen dial modded by Legend. (Thank you again for great piece of art) Thickness has been modded to 8.1mm too.

In This case, If I plan to buy k2121 gen movement below, I assume I will have to buy additional crown, datewheel, gen hands.

Or can I use crown and datewheel from ZF?

Thank you in advance :)
I'm sure the crown and date wheel from a gen K2121 movement will not fit a Miyota 9015 movement.

Reactions: legend

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
I'm sure the crown and date wheel from a gen K2121 movement will not fit a Miyota 9015 movement.
Well I was asking the opposite ( Asking is zf crown and DW will fit in Gen move) , but seems like it also clearly answes for question anyway :)

It looks like to build a jumbo using gen hand and gen move by myself is impossible at this point.

I will have to ask a professional like Legend from now on.

Thank you

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well I was asking the opposite ( Asking is zf crown and DW will fit in Gen move) , but seems like it also clearly answes for question anyway :)

It looks like to build a jumbo using gen hand and gen move by myself is impossible at this point.

Thank you
You already have a gen dial in your 15202.

If you want to install the 2121, you can fit:

- ZF crown no problem
- a custom datewheel for the 2121
- gen hands and custom hands both work
- a custom 22k rotor is recommended to wind the movement more efficiently.
- the ZF case will need modding to fit the 2121 caliber.

baraaa

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/3/24

Thank you
Quick question, I am looking to reach out to Legend for modifications. Do we just message him through RWI PM, or does he have a designated way of contact?

Thanks in advance.

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
Thank you so much Leh;ent
You already have a gen dial in your 15202.

If you want to install the 2121, you can fit:

- ZF crown no problem
- a custom datewheel for the 2121
- gen hands and custom hands both work
- a custom 22k rotor is recommended to wind the movement more efficiently.
- the ZF case will need modding to fit the 2121 caliber.

Thank you so much Legend.

It is honor you remeber my nickname on RWI.
I guess I will have to save some money for months to fund for building this project.

Thank you so much.

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
SW hands?
Not sure LoL, for the hour hand I have asked Legent to use 'custom hands' showing picture. It was originally only fit for gen move so, he had to do some modification. After that, I found pinion of gen in th hands hole is deep. Mine was not, actually in was giving protruding look. So I have asked local watch maker to shave the pinion from movement little and flatten it. After that I put back my stock minute hand from ZF
How did you make this ? Is it cut ?
For the minute hand, stock ZF minute hand but the pinion from the movement was shaved

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Not sure LoL, for the hour hand I have asked Legent to use 'custom hands' showing picture. It was originally only fit for gen move so, he had to do some modification. After that, I found pinion of gen in th hands hole is deep. Mine was not, actually in was giving protruding look. So I have asked local watch maker to shave the pinion from movement little and flatten it. After that I put back my stock minute hand from ZF

For the minute hand, stock ZF minute hand but the pinion from the movement was shaved
I hope the manufacturers take note of this and include it their future production, as well as fix the date change procedure.

Reactions: love_in_jumbo

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I'm fairly certain custom hands for the 15202 for the ZF15202 does not exist. They exist for the K2121 variant build of the 15202 but they don't fit the Miyota build and require modification... at least that's my understanding.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm fairly certain custom hands for the 15202 for the ZF15202 does not exist. They exist for the K2121 variant build of the 15202 but they don't fit the Miyota build and require modification... at least that's my understanding.
The custom hands on a zf 15202. Yes you’re right they do require mods to fit but it’s something which I’ve done many times.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
The custom hands on a zf 15202. Yes you’re right they do require mods to fit but it’s something which I’ve done many times.

Bro you are a true wizard, your work is unreal. You should stock these and just send them out Amazon Prime style... good lord is that nice!