• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
Zf with gen dial
c709a45a97f422f6ebdadcb022443daf.jpg

7ac7addeb052799adc6c1802a3acae90.jpg

c999a1112936f87c2205862cf480786b.jpg

fec96c524e302609d837950078e43e65.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Where you source your Gen dial? How much? Did you manage to take a photo of both dials side by side?

I read up on a few comments that the ZF white dial is a little more matte (which is "closer" to the gen) compared to the JF (which is considered to have great bracelets)...but since you seen it in real, what would you say?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: cassapanca

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
This remain a rep, if you're worried about it and don't want to pick a JF just wait for a new iteration, with some luck the flaws you're worried about will be fixed, or maybe not, russian roulette here and you can wait years and ends to not having a 15400 in your collection lol.

Agree with this. When I finally dove in and bought a few reps, the whole journey became much more enjoyable. I’ve had a few months to see what they wear like and to see which ones I look forward to wearing each day. My watches may not be perfect, but my summer has been!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Same as JF. It’s got some noise. Not hugely noticeable unless I’m in a quiet room.

This is ZF yes :)

The fact of the matter is, even gen 3120 caliber gets noisy too after x years. They are not silent brand new, and there is always a soft whir when you shake the watch next to your ear.
Over time, the rotor becomes louder. The miyota 9015 starts off noisier, can be quietened easily and eventually rotor noise will catch up again. As long as the noise is acceptable to the owner, that is enough.

Reactions: Allure and Rolemars

stowee

Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Texas
I feel like my eyes are deceiving me, but it looks like the date is not centered? I don’t remember this being a common flaw. May just be the angle. I’m happy with it otherwise!

b6cd610b731e83831a0c16f7939586d5.jpg

d195cc3254393079226695c096212b99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I feel like my eyes are deceiving me, but it looks like the date is not centered? I don’t remember this being a common flaw. May just be the angle. I’m happy with it otherwise!

Yes your date is off. I personally would ask for one with a centred date.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Remember that date alignment can be tricky because another piece may have a date aligned a different way and more importantly, another date may not be aligned well for a watch showing a centered date in the QC pics.

There are print and fitment tolerances and you just need to find something acceptable to you.

Reactions: Allure

fishysquishy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Hi, once were on the topic of misaligned dates, maybe you guys can help me out. Normally im pretty lax about my qc pics and unless there is something really off I will accept, but I have been looking forward and honestly obsessing over this watch since it came out and I finally pulled the trigger and I would like it to be as good as possible (I know its a rep blah blah blah and its never going to be perfect) the thing is im using a different TD then I normally use so Im a bit hesitant to request a new watch since its my first order with them. I need a little validation that these are acceptable (or not) to request a new one. The issues That Im seeing are misaligned date, 12 o'clock index on right side seems to be lower, screw on movement plate seems to be loose/not properly secure might fall out and cause issues after wearing. any advice is welcomed, thanks in advance!