• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Ps, not even replying to poster above. Just casually stating how I feel. I was gonna Franken a datejust41 with white dial. Second guessing that and going for this instead.

Only thing holding me back is that I could afford a gen rolex. Not a gen AP. Maybe sounds silly, but that's how I feel.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
And I agree. It depends eventually on your expectations, and how close the current version matches it.
So in a way, you alone can decide if the current release is worth your money.

Sure. I was really just asking for other people's opinions and point of view.

From my research, the ZF has bad screws in comparison to JF, stiffer bracelet, closing mechanism is also a little bad?

I then heard that the screws can be fine as it depends on the batch, and that the closing mechanism can be fixed by hand. If both of those are true, I can manage with a stiffer bracelet instead of waiting for the next iteration.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

From my research, the ZF has bad screws in comparison to JF, stiffer bracelet, closing mechanism is also a little bad?

I then heard that the screws can be fine as it depends on the batch, and that the closing mechanism can be fixed by hand. If both of those are true, I can manage with a stiffer bracelet instead of waiting for the next iteration.

This remain a rep, if you're worried about it and don't want to pick a JF just wait for a new iteration, with some luck the flaws you're worried about will be fixed, or maybe not, russian roulette here and you can wait years and ends to not having a 15400 in your collection lol.

Tschacko

1/8/18

Dude, the ZF has a super flexible bracelet. Thats one of the pros.

Tschacko

1/8/18

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19

That's very personal, for example I did switch to JF bracelet on my ZF cause I don't like the flimsy feel of the ZF one...each one his own...

the massakretor

23/8/13
massakretor, who is this TD?
I yet to get my QC pics

It's not a TD on this forum (that's why i blacked out the watermark). I paid on Monday and recieved the QCs 1 day later, probably had some stock already ordered to take pictures for their website? I am just guessing.

I am not sure if I can say the name, it's TS Stations. If I can't I will edit asap

Reactions: jasonbaylee

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Same watch, different light.

Sometimes dial looks matte. Sometimes you can see sunburst.

Pics for info only (item is not for sale):
8256d0f288f8f36408f8e704a50cd72f.jpg

5ecee19b7d424fe7a9052c15243746ee.jpg

b9a37de24360a3b6704d1c86a00d86dd.jpg

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
Same watch, different light.

Sometimes dial looks matte. Sometimes you can see sunburst.

Pics for info only (item is not for sale):
8256d0f288f8f36408f8e704a50cd72f.jpg

5ecee19b7d424fe7a9052c15243746ee.jpg

b9a37de24360a3b6704d1c86a00d86dd.jpg

Damnn !, This looks very very good, how do you always get so quick and latest best batches of watches out haha

Reactions: KSwatches

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
^ +1 on that, watch looks very crisp! I was looking to try the grey dial but this might just change my mind.

Reactions: ks123

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
^ +1 on that, watch looks very crisp! I was looking to try the grey dial but this might just change my mind.

Gray is also nice but sometimes when I look at it under indoor lighting, it looks like a faded black dial (dull looking). Just my personal opinion. I also don’t like the lack of contrast between the gray dial and the steel bezel.

The silver dial is stunning but I prefer the black or blue dials - since more contrast against steel bezel.

5b8fa8506985b6d46572810ea990671f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Stunning combo, does they "fixed" the bezel screw finish?

I wasn’t aware there was a problem with the screw finish?

I handle a lot of used gens, The screw finish is often bad. The reason being is that Independent Jewellers (not AD) here in the U.K. tend to brush the bezel (before sale) but don’t bother with re-finishing the screws.

Hence, why I probably wouldn’t notice anything off with the rep, since most used gens, sold by independent jewellers (not new AD watches) have finishes that are all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: