• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yacht mater 126622-0002 Gen and VSF Comprehensive Comparison

Lozza313

Looking Around
28/7/23
Liverpool
Love the review :), I have just bought the exact same replica (vsf), I just wish I found this before I bought it as the dial doesn’t seem to be the same colour looks more purple ish, I could be wrong and it could be the light as the background on the vsf pictures look a lot more brighter and whiter, if I would of found this earlier I probably would of went with the rhodium it looks more spot on to me, but oh well it’s still a beautiful time peace and a lovely comparison(y)

Reactions: KacperK

scooter44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/22
Thanks for the introduction. I preferred Clean a long time ago.

centrum

27/7/14
The blue dial and the red lettering are quite off. Are Clean better in these aspects?

Danilo1818

Supporter
Certified
12/6/22
Can anyone tell me if the action of the brezel is likegen? How does the cf behave?

Danilo1818

Supporter
Certified
12/6/22
Is there a clean vs vsf comparison? I couldn't find it

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
I read the post and pix were asked for, so here’s a Gen dial (definitely) and Gen crystal (I believe, crystal should be, it’s a customer watch) but shows the grey hue found on most Gen dials. My DJ is the same way.

Frank Martin

10/4/20
U.S.
5b9ed7d4.jpg
0f298bad.jpg

Case Side View

Just from the comparison view, the ending arc of the lug seems to be different from GEN. What do you think of the overall shape of the case?

a75e1c94.jpg
5f44fc61.jpg

Caseback View

The smooth chamfering of the teeth of the caseback is very sufficient, and the details of each position are very delicate, whether it is a brushed or frosted area.

14707b9f.jpg
531136af.jpg

Endlink Side View

The assembly position of VSF endlink is still very good, if the upper edge position is more closer, it will be perfect.

ed6efe22.jpg、
5cde8a07.jpg
82bd8bf8.jpg
e3a8603e.jpg
458d0c97.jpg
89603d1e.jpg
058f9a27.jpg
Bracelet Detail View

The overall engraving is relatively clear, and there will be a lack of depth, but this is also a common lack of other factories. The quality of the engraving cannot be intuitively reflected by naked eyes, so it seems that no need to care this.

a2d214ce.jpg
c0e77f19.jpg
Laser Marker and Luminous View

a558c4c9.jpg
97f023ec.jpg

Movement View

VSF is still equipped with its ace movement VS3235. The power reserve is up to nearly 70 hours, which has always been the advantage of this movement.

Well, this is today’s post, thank you guys for watching, if there are any mistakes, please correct me. If there is anything else I overlooked, you can put it up, and I will try my best to do it complementary and comprehensive, welcome to comment and exchange!

I will continue to bring you more detailed comparisons between replicas and GEN, which is for you guys to better choose your favorite replicas.

(Note: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the angle of the light. The details are mainly written in text. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large. You can download it and enlarge it for comparison.)

There is no perfect replica, only your favorite replica.

Thanks

Steve.

Telegram: u/Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86-17081934955

Email: Theonewatches.ru@gmail.com

Frank Martin

10/4/20
U.S.
One of the issues I have with the bezel is that the gen is platinum where as the rep is stainless steel. The bezel on the rep looks fairly close to the gen in the photos but how will it hold up? Platinum develops a patina over time. The SS doesn’t. Also, platinum is pretty much scratch resistant. SS is not. Wonder how the bezel will look after a year of wear ?

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Actually quite the opposite. Platinum is quite mailable and stainless steel harder. Platinum much like gold in comparison to steel, is more dense, but steel is more brittle (technically speaking)

Patina differences are for sure a consideration however.

Having owned the Gen, I can say there is a mild difference but in these reps it’s only US (the nerds) that notice that shit.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Frank Martin

10/4/20
U.S.
Actually quite the opposite. Platinum is quite mailable and stainless steel harder. Platinum much like gold in comparison to steel, is more dense, but steel is more brittle (technically speaking)

Patina differences are for sure a consideration however.

Having owned the Gen, I can say there is a mild difference but in these reps it’s only US (the nerds) that notice that shit.

Frank Martin

10/4/20
U.S.
Appreciate the insight, in particular since you own a gen. Yes, I’m an obsessive nitpick on issues like this.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Owned* (sold 3 months ago)

And you only nitpick this stuff because you’ve nothing better to do. It’s a time filler.

Buy the watch, enjoy it, wear it. Once on the wrist it will impress regardless of nuance.

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
The insert is a huge downside. The rest is good, but they really need to rework the insert :(
Have there been any updates for the insert, for the markers and numerals shapes? in some of these photos it looks like they are melting! lol

Disappointing that this YM insert isn’t as good as the VSF Submariner insert. a bit lacklustre from the photos!

Last edited: