• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yacht Master 226627 TW+ Factory

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
That looks lile the TW version.... look how they blurred the clasp code so you cant identify it...

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
The movement seems fine. There is some rotor noise, but nothing that a servicing can’t remedy. The hands have more dimension than others have claimed, ie. they’re not flat, though the pics don’t capture that. The bracelet is Ok. I say Ok, because it’s titanium and I don’t have anything else to judge it against. It just feels light, some would consider it flimsy, but that’s not a fair assessment given the material….it won’t feel substantial like steel. The dial and rehaut are fine. The date window is fine. The crystal is fine. The engravings are all fine. My only real complaint is the bezel. The bezel clicks are not well defined, and feel both gritty and mushy, though I think this could also be corrected with a servicing. The case is also fine. Overall I’d give the execution a B because I don’t have experience with a Gen and the Bezel is not the best right now. I like the watch and will definitely keep it.
I can’t comment on this model but I’ve had a few gen YMs and the bezels don’t click like a sub. They’re silent and if anything, a little soft and clunky.

Reactions: dewie1975

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/2/17
Wearing the TW version for 2 weeks now and I am really happy with it. Keeps great time and no issues at all.

Reactions: Singapore9

Andrew_watchlist

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/4/24
Is clean-factory.us a reputable seller?
I don’t know, I would be wary about that site myself, it’s worded to sound like it is clean factory website, which from what I have read on here is not a thing factories do. Have you searched the forum to see if anyone’s bought from them?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I don’t know, I would be wary about that site myself, it’s worded to sound like it is clean factory website, which from what I have read on here is not a thing factories do. Have you searched the forum to see if anyone’s bought from them?
Exactly.

We have a list of vetted trusted dealers (TDs). It makes no sense to buy from an unverified seller. If it’s available, the TDs can get it. If they can’t get it, neither can the too-good-to-be-true guys.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

romito_21

5/5/19
saw the gen in real life the other day and wow, it’s bloody epic.
wish i could have taken photos

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
saw the gen in real life the other day and wow, it’s bloody epic.
wish i could have taken photos
Yes, it is and yes, you should have. 🤣

The Yacht-Master is made-to-order for titanium.

dewie1975

Getting To Know The Place
29/10/18
I can’t comment on this model but I’ve had a few gen YMs and the bezels don’t click like a sub. They’re silent and if anything, a little soft and clunky.
Thanks for the insight on the Bezel and how it feels. If that is the case, I feel immensely better about the quality of the rep. The very slight rotor noise is still present, but that’s something that can be corrected. Otherwise, I’m perfectly content with the quality of the TW rep

TubeGuy

Known Member
Supporter
2/2/24
So California
I would think that the black bezel like that would scratch really easy. True?

I'm going to buy a 12622 with a blue dial for fun and can't decide between Clean / VR3235 and VSF /VS3235. I'll take any advice.