• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yacht Master 226627 TW+ Factory

dewie1975

Getting To Know The Place
29/10/18
The movement seems fine. There is some rotor noise, but nothing that a servicing can’t remedy. The hands have more dimension than others have claimed, ie. they’re not flat, though the pics don’t capture that. The bracelet is Ok. I say Ok, because it’s titanium and I don’t have anything else to judge it against. It just feels light, some would consider it flimsy, but that’s not a fair assessment given the material….it won’t feel substantial like steel. The dial and rehaut are fine. The date window is fine. The crystal is fine. The engravings are all fine. My only real complaint is the bezel. The bezel clicks are not well defined, and feel both gritty and mushy, though I think this could also be corrected with a servicing. The case is also fine. Overall I’d give the execution a B because I don’t have experience with a Gen and the Bezel is not the best right now. I like the watch and will definitely keep it.

romito_21

5/5/19
i wonder if we will see a big factory like vsf or clean make this watch…
it’s one of the hottest watches in the rolex catalogue right now…
should be capitalised

dewie1975

29/10/18
i wonder if we will see a big factory like vsf or clean make this watch…
it’s one of the hottest watches in the rolex catalogue right now…
should be capitalised
I think it’s just a matter of time. The only two factors that might be delaying them are access to a Gen and forecasting actual market demand…

Reactions: romito_21

dewie1975

29/10/18
Last observation on my TW+. I weighed mine after removing 3 links and it came in at 3.4 oz or 96.3 grams, which is right on par with the Gen weight of 100 grams

A01012

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/4/21
The movement seems fine. There is some rotor noise, but nothing that a servicing can’t remedy. The hands have more dimension than others have claimed, ie. they’re not flat, though the pics don’t capture that. The bracelet is Ok. I say Ok, because it’s titanium and I don’t have anything else to judge it against. It just feels light, some would consider it flimsy, but that’s not a fair assessment given the material….it won’t feel substantial like steel. The dial and rehaut are fine. The date window is fine. The crystal is fine. The engravings are all fine. My only real complaint is the bezel. The bezel clicks are not well defined, and feel both gritty and mushy, though I think this could also be corrected with a servicing. The case is also fine. Overall I’d give the execution a B because I don’t have experience with a Gen and the Bezel is not the best right now. I like the watch and will definitely keep it.
thank you for the detailed review

romito_21

5/5/19
i’m patiently waiting for vsf or clean to make it, i think it will be awesome once they roll these out.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Very handsome watch and, while not the preferable VS3235, the VR3235 movement is not bad. I recently pulled my VSF NTTD out of the drawer and I’d forgotten how much I like the smokey gray titanium on a sports/utility watch.

dewie1975

29/10/18
Very handsome watch and, while not the preferable VS3235, the VR3235 movement is not bad. I recently pulled my VSF NTTD out of the drawer and I’d forgotten how much I like the smokey gray titanium on a sports/utility watch.
I can’t speak to the longevity of the VR3235 in this watch or any other, but it winds very smoothly and has maintained accuracy. The rotor noise also seems to have become less noticeable to me. I’ll have to pay closer attention to the power reserve

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Hey @dewie1975! While not Gen spec like the VS, it’s a fine movement. You’re not going to get the crazy power reserve you’d get on a genuine 3235 or VS, but, if it’s running as it should, you’ll have all you really need.

Reactions: dewie1975

dewie1975

29/10/18
One (Ti) Yachtmaster just sold on Watch Collecting and the hands actually look pretty flat in pics: https://www.watchcollecting.com/for-sale/2023-rolex-yacht-master-42-1

Still really interested in picking up one of these!
If hands are “flat” on the Gen, then I fail to understand why folks complain about it on the rep. Lol I’m wearing the TW+ rep as I type this and looking at it, I can confidently say they’re not flat as they appear in pics.

On another note, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the TW+ rep. The movement seems to have gotten quieter somehow as I continue to wear it. I’m not sure whether it’s just me, but after wearing it for two weeks, I can no longer hear that rotor. I’ve cleaned and lubed the bracelet and it also seems much more “fluid” than it did out of the box. I can say that the only things that irritates me now about this rep is the gritty/mushy bezel rotation and grit I feel when tightening the crown.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/2/17
If hands are “flat” on the Gen, then I fail to understand why folks complain about it on the rep. Lol I’m wearing the TW+ rep as I type this and looking at it, I can confidently say they’re not flat as they appear in pics.

On another note, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the TW+ rep. The movement seems to have gotten quieter somehow as I continue to wear it. I’m not sure whether it’s just me, but after wearing it for two weeks, I can no longer hear that rotor. I’ve cleaned and lubed the bracelet and it also seems much more “fluid” than it did out of the box. I can say that the only things that irritates me now about this rep is the gritty/mushy bezel rotation and grit I feel when tightening the crown.
Could I ask you for a wrist shot? Thank you very much.

Reactions: dewie1975

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I like it. The perfect Yacht-master is made by only one factory. Dah. My take on this hobby is buying a rep you like and turning it into a watch you love.

dewie1975

29/10/18
Could I ask you for a wrist shot? Thank you very much.
As promised. I’ve tried to capture a couple different angles so you can get a better idea as to the lol of the hands, rehaut, and crystal. I’ve worn it for almost 2 weeks straight now, and the titanium has also proven to be much more resistant to scratches than I anticipated. It’s why I included the pic of the clasp. So the titanium may actually be grade 5, but I do t believe there’s anyway of truly knowing