• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF SD43 126600 - review & macros

Complete

Renowned Member
18/10/17
Is the ARF bracelet better than the XF? Seems to be IMO. (And I totally agree with the above comments about it.)
If so, has anyone tried fitting it to the XF?

I just swapped the ARF bracelet onto the XF/VSF and it went up another 10% better. It fits with about a .30mm recess and .05-.07mm gap total side to side in the lug.

If you have both its worth a try!

Reactions: mclarendude

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I wonder if XF has something in the pipeline? Prices have been reduced at the TD's for their A2824 offering.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I wonder if XF has something in the pipeline? Prices have been reduced at the TD's for their A2824 offering.

Just literally tried ordering one from Li at JTIME and he said that they're no longer being made... had to settle for an ARF

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Just literally tried ordering one from Li at JTIME and he said that they're no longer being made... had to settle for an ARF

Makes me think something else might be along soon.....

P.S. - Try Puretime - they added it a a "new release" on the 9th Feb.

Last edited:
Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Makes me think something else might be along soon.....

P.S. - Try Puretime - they added it a a "new release" on the 9th Feb.

Tempted to try but also tempted to wait it out and see if they're coming out with something better. Normally when that happens the m2m will flood with current XF's... :D

I'll be fine with the ARF till then...

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA

Hey bud, have you checked with Hont? I can PM you his whatsapp if you don't have it.

Complete

Renowned Member
18/10/17
Same level IMHO, no need to change.

My XF bracelet has looser clearances between the links than the ARF bracelet I have. Which makes it rattle more when you shake it off the wrist. Rattles like less expensive bracelets do. ARF always has provided one hell of a bracelet.

The clasp is tighter too. The hinge was noticeably tighter in the center joint where the curved polished halves meet and as was the folding lock part with the coronet on the clasp.

Overall the ARF clasp has better fitment, better debur, crisper/tighter lines and a snappier feel to it.

The brushing and polished edges on both are the same quality.

My impression of VSF has been they gussy up the front on the insert and Xstal and cut corners around the back a little on the bracelets and clasp.

I was a CNC machinist of micro size parts early in my career so I’m OCD about that sorta thing. Mine bugged me and I had both on hand so I changed it out. The ARF could even be better. Wish I had a gen to compare. Love to see if they’re even a little bit better.

digisquid

Horology Curious
12/8/08
My XF bracelet has looser clearances between the links than the ARF bracelet I have. Which makes it rattle more when you shake it off the wrist. Rattles like less expensive bracelets do. ARF always has provided one hell of a bracelet.

The clasp is tighter too. The hinge was noticeably tighter in the center joint where the curved polished halves meet and as was the folding lock part with the coronet on the clasp.

Overall the ARF clasp has better fitment, better debur, crisper/tighter lines and a snappier feel to it.

The brushing and polished edges on both are the same quality.

My impression of VSF has been they gussy up the front on the insert and Xstal and cut corners around the back a little on the bracelets and clasp.

I was a CNC machinist of micro size parts early in my career so I’m OCD about that sorta thing. Mine bugged me and I had both on hand so I changed it out. The ARF could even be better. Wish I had a gen to compare. Love to see if they’re even a little bit better.

Totally agree about the bracelet. Especially as you said “the clearances between links”. Very slight but definitely noticeable and in some cases audible. I even had a slight rattle at the lugs that I dropped a dab of super glue into to solve. Still considering swapping them. But now wondering how difficult that “dab” is going to make the removal of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Complete

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Well, thanks to Uhr70

I managed to order one of the leftovers from Hont. Paid already.

Good thing is that I also have an ARF coming so might use that bracelet on mine…

Last edited:
Reactions: Uhr70

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Well, thanks to @Uhr70….

I managed to order one of the leftovers from Hont. Paid already.

Good thing is that I also have an ARF coming so might use that bracelet on mine…

Aaaaaand, I just got QC.... the quickest ever! Looks so damn good. (already approved it)
i1645021680_6112_1.jpg

i1645021680_7303_3.jpg

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Looks great! How much of an improvement is it over your ARF?