• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Overseas Ultra Thin 2000V is OUT!

Howehaohow

2/10/21
After receiving a 8F 4500v I started to read more about VC and decided to source a XF 2000V.

One TD has a 2000v in stock but he isn't sure the factory.

What are the differences between 8f and xf?

Could I post photos here to assist with factory identification?

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Anyone know about the in-stock situation on these? Looks like the last poster in here got one from Jtime in July 2022, and it's still "in stock" on their website. Most TD's I've asked said XF is not making watches, and they can't get these, except Theonewatches, who says he can get one but it will just take a month or more. Anyway, I have an order placed for the black dial. Hope the bezel corners are sharp!

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Update: Steve at theonewatches hooked me up with the black dial. Ordered Feb 07, QC arrived Feb 15. Still very rounded bezel corners, but he says the ones available are all like this. Looking at QC's from the last couple years, they're all pretty rounded. I guess only the earliest batches from 2020 had somewhat sharp corners. Oh well I'll take what I can get.

Reactions: LeBron and Meicmo84

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
The rounded Maltese edges on the bezel indeed is a stain on an otherwise a beautiful VCO.

Wonder has any one modded the bezel to sharper edges ?

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
The rounded Maltese edges on the bezel indeed is a stain on an otherwise beautiful VCO.

Wonder has any one modded the bezel to sharper edges ?

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Just got my 2000v in to replace the 4500v which was too big for my small wrists. One thing that bothered me, and I'm sure all of you noticed this too, is that the bracelet fits very loosely and can rotate with respect to the case around the first link:

My ZF 4500v did not have this issue. This connection was very solid, because the bracelet pin had nowhere to go. If you look at your 2000v, the pin can move up and down in this slot, as there is a lot of slack. The gen 2000v has this slack too, but I don't like it regardless.

What I did was cut a small piece out of a paper clip the same width as the slot (0.6mm seems to work perfectly for me) and jam it into the slot. Fitting them in there works best if you separate the bracelet into two halves beforehand to give yourself better access.

That extra material fills up the slack and the result is a bracelet with almost no wiggle or rotation and feels much more solidly attached to the watch:

The bracelet no longer rotates when held like this. The downside to this is that these paper clip pins fall out if you remove the bracelet and you have to reinstall them when putting the bracelet back on. Small price to pay for a big feel and aesthetic improvement while wearing the watch IMO.

Also, I love the small link that's included, which the ZF 4500v did not have. The pull-out microadjustments are around 1/4 of a full link, but if pulling out both microadjustments was too tight and adding a full link was too loose, which was my case with my 4500v, you're out of luck. The small link is around 3/4 of a link, so XF covered all three possible microadjustment steps there.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
If anyone is curious like me about how much the gen 2000v is worth, as there are never any listings on Chrono24, and watchcharts.com doesn't even have a page for it due to the lack of sales data, know that one just sold on eBay for $85k.

That's not too far off a 15202ST ($76k) or a 5711/1A ($109k), although significantly less than a similar white gold 15202BC ($200k) or 5811/1G ($145k).

AU-jkho

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/23
Sydney, Australia
2000v XF. Got it from Steve yesterday. Took 8 weeks for QC. Steve said he RL the first he got🤷‍♂️ Shipping took 3 weeks.

The pics does not do the watch justice. It is incredible. Top quality rep. NWBG hehe! if you got 100k euros😄

Nice bro, your bezels seem fairly sharp!
Does the clasp still have "AU750" on it?

I'm still waiting on my QC from Steve 😒

Reactions: relentless-pinguine

relentless-pinguine

Known Member
Certified
18/2/20
Scandinavia
Dont know if it is mentioned before, but the bracelet have a couple of extra mm in a «slinding-link». My only works on one side, the other side is stuck. Afraid to destroy the bracelet of I pull to hard.

Reactions: LeBron