• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
I’ve had a JF 15202 for awhile, finally have a ZF 15202 inbound and I can’t wait to see which I like better.

I wish they repped a half link though, on the JF I am between links and it’s not as comfortable as it should be (either too tight or too loose).

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
XF 15202 (not zf, that was a typo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Currently on its way back from a relume and screw work by the legend himself. Takes the watch to the next level:

VLfjeA.jpg

VLfqYg.jpg

Have you got back your watch?
Other than relume did you also get hour markers realign and screw replacement, or at least polish? What screw work your modder do for you?
Please share more pictures of "modder" watch..
Cheers.

YJbTn.jpg
[/url]

YJ0oE.jpg
[/url]

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
It's more about preference. Newer 15202STs have more sunburst than earlier examples, which have a bit more of a matte finish.

Then it‘s perfect now as we know the 15202 models from 2012-2016 without the "Royal Oak" engraving on the backside are the watch that the XF 15202 is replicating.
Now having a more matte finish on the dial like you say older models had makes the watch even nearer to gens from a few years ago. Actually having too much sunburst then was a flaw as the caseback was showing the watch isn‘t a newer 15202ST.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Then it‘s perfect now as we know the 15202 models from 2012-2016 without the "Royal Oak" engraving on the backside are the watch that the XF 15202 is replicating.
Now having a more matte finish on the dial like you say older models had makes the watch even nearer to gens from a few years ago. Actually having too much sunburst then was a flaw as the caseback was showing the watch isn‘t a newer 15202ST.

I’m personally glad that the “guru” who didnt own a single gen but yet loved to hold court here and pontificate how a gen is or isn’t, even going to the extent to correct gen owners, is no longer posting his nonsense. Any fool can use google and YouTube but only gen owners know how the gen is like intimately.
What therealgoat said about the 15202 dial is 100% correct. The guy knows his stuff. The xf15202 dial is close enough and well executed. Forget about sunbursts and whatnot. The gen dial does not always show a obvious sunburst and is subtly beautiful in its finish. The XF dial is good enough where the color and finish goes, period. What more can one ask from a $500 watch?
I have access to purchase the gen 15202 at retail but it’s not my kind of watch. Having modded a few xf 15202s, I’m impressed with the quality and I think it’s good enough even for guys who own gen APs and want to try out wearing the 15202.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I’m personally glad that the “guru” who didnt own a single gen but yet loved to hold court here and pontificate how a gen is or isn’t, even going to the extent to correct gen owners, is no longer posting his nonsense. Any fool can use google and YouTube but only gen owners know how the gen is like intimately.
What therealgoat said about the 15202 dial is 100% correct. The guy knows his stuff. The xf15202 dial is close enough and well executed. Forget about sunbursts and whatnot. The gen dial does not always show a obvious sunburst and is subtly beautiful in its finish. The XF dial is good enough where the color and finish goes, period. What more can one ask from a $500 watch?
I have access to purchase the gen 15202 at retail but it’s not my kind of watch. Having modded a few xf 15202s, I’m impressed with the quality and I think it’s good enough even for guys who own gen APs and want to try out wearing the 15202.

I wish I could get a gen 15202 at retail. Sheesh.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I wish I could get a gen 15202 at retail. Sheesh.

Anyone potentially CAN as you already know.

it’s just about 2 things: Buying enough APs or the right models at the boutique and forming a good relationship with your sales agent. There is no more wait list at AP now and it’s mostly about relationships between the boutique and the specific client now. A good relationship will basically allow you a better chance to secure the desirable AP watches.

Reactions: Allure and Lariram

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
I forgot to say i had absolutely no issue pulling pins out of the bracelet. The came out very smoothly.