• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Suux88

22/4/12
can anyone confirm if this is safe to clean under a sink?
(not screw down crown)
TD's say it's good for 30m, but I wonder if that is just a c&p template

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for you guys advice. I have just measured my wrist and it is only 15 cm :(( I think it is equal to female size and might be suitable for 33 mm.

15cm is 6". Don't despair, I think your issue is more of the bracelet not wrapping round your wrist as snugly as you will like.
You can consider the 37, 39 and even 41mm. Just get the bracelet modded to be more pliable and soft and your issue will be mostly resolved.

Reactions: Allure and Lariram

SKXSKX

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/2/20
Hi finally i decide to keep it as it is hard to resist its beauty every time i want to resell it >.< . Anyone knows how to soften the stiff links ? And could I easily buy a 9015 miyota in the market and replace if it is needed? Thanks.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I have a smaller 16cm wrist and I personally am not a huge fan of how small the dial is on the smaller RO models like the 37mm, although the actual fit of the watch is good.

Last edited:

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Hi guys,
Do you know where I can get a 1.5 link (or a half link) for this XF 15202? Atm, mine is either too tight or too loose on the wrist.

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Hi finally i decide to keep it as it is hard to resist its beauty every time i want to resell it >.< . Anyone knows how to soften the stiff links ? And could I easily buy a 9015 miyota in the market and replace if it is needed? Thanks.

Personally for me I am in the middle of a modding project with Legend right now and one of the things he is doing is softening the stiff links. Warning this means he has to take apart the bracelet and work on it which is quite a bit of work so its not necessarily cheap.

[B said:
roflwaffles[/B]] I have a smaller 16cm wrist and I personally am not a huge fan of how small the dial is on the smaller RO models like the 37mm, although the actual fit of the watch is good.

This is actually when I am sticking with a 15202. Though tbh there is also the factor that there really isn't a great 37mm rep model either.

[B said:
Dmage[/B]] Hi guys,
Do you know where I can get a 1.5 link (or a half link) for this XF 15202? Atm, mine is either too tight or too loose on the wrist.

Might want to try contacting your typical dealer? Though tbh I really don't think there really is one available.

Reactions: SKXSKX

mbasel

Horology Curious
19/1/20
Hi guys,
Quick question that is puzzling me on the XF case back : does the fact the they did not go for the Royal Oak engraved logo matches an actual model ?
Instead they have a double serial number engraved.

Thanks !
M

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Hi guys,
Quick question that is puzzling me on the XF case back : does the fact the they did not go for the Royal Oak engraved logo matches an actual model ?
Instead they have a double serial number engraved.

Thanks !
M

Good question. Does anybody have an answer?

AVIanus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/15
Reactions: Felixle7

mbasel

Horology Curious
19/1/20
Yes because the 15202 blue with blue background dw (2012) (not the model before that was white) until the 18 is like the xf. https://www.chrono24.it/audemarspig...2st--id13561880.htm?SETLANG=it_IT&SETCURR=EUR
double serial https://www.chrono24.it/audemarspiguet/royal-oak-jumbo--id14221374.htm?SETLANG=it_IT&SETCURR=EUR
also in gold https://www.chrono24.it/audemarspig...2or--id12280840.htm?SETLANG=it_IT&SETCURR=EUR
they started to put the logo in 2019

Wow thanks for looking into it ! I always thought there was only "Royal Oak" closed case back or the open case-back version with RO logo :)
Waiting for my QC from Jtime, hopefully soon :)

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Yes because the 15202 blue with blue background dw (2012) (not the model before that was white) until the 18 is like the xf. https://www.chrono24.it/audemarspigu...IT&SETCURR=EUR
double serial https://www.chrono24.it/audemarspigu...IT&SETCURR=EUR
also in gold https://www.chrono24.it/audemarspigu...IT&SETCURR=EUR
they started to put the logo in 2019

Wow thanks!
I just looked on chrono24 and all models from 2017 had the "Royal Oak" engraving.
The models from 2012-2016 are exactly like the XF.
In my opinion the XF is very close to being a super rep or NWBIG. With a few small mods a super rep imo.

Reasons:
As it has no second hand you don‘t notice it so easy that it should be a low beat movement. The Miyota 9015 is high beating and you can only notice it by putting your ear near to the watch so you hear the high frequency. On the 15400 for example the second hand is a tell like in the 15703 and other low beat AP reps. The new 15500 is high beat and therefore the Miyota 9015 is good for it in terms of frequency. Decoration is crap but that‘s another topic on the 15500 :D

They have managed to build the date setting function like gen without the date jumping function.
As we learned now also not having the Royal Oak engraving is not a tell as gens from 2012 to 2017 or as AVIanus said till 2019 don‘t have the engraving on the caseback.
Thickness of the watch is great, almost like gen. Finishing is good. Clasp is good. Date wheel is good.
Only flaws that can bother you are the bezel screws that sometimes are not sunken enough and others are on the same watch. Should be modded. Also the lume is still different of the hands and the markers. Reluming it fixes this.
If these two mods are done it‘s very difficult to spot the rep if you‘ve never owned or scruitinized the gen with a loupe before. Or you need rep and gen side by side.

Something I‘ve missed?
Edit: Also the bezel screws being placed too far from the crystal is not a flaw as 15202 gens also have the screws sitting near to the edge. I think this is a batch issue from XF and you have to be careful with the QC of your watch.

Last edited:

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Good news, looks like li is back to work, after the robbery and corona, hes back.

I had qc for a 15202 from him but got robbed, so was expecting new qc pics and finally recieved today. I noticed that the dial looks much more matte finish than the old qc pics i got. I dont dislike it, maybe its just the lighting, but maybe this is a new batch, i dont know which would be more gen like. Someone that has the watch can tell if indoors without much light the dial goes like this?

Also, on the new one, could you please help me see if the screws are too close to the edge? I think it was better before but do you think is too bad?...]

Any updates on this?

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
I finally got mine today. Let me tell you im blown away by the quality of this rep. Lately i find myself saying the same about every rep i get.
Now i get this watch from xf. The dial is amazing, its just beautiful. It has a matte look in almost every light to me, I couldn’t get at first the sunburst i saw in the earlier pictures posted here, only when i left the building and got some sunshine thats when ingot it to shine most, but still not as much i saw in my qc pics from before the watch got stolen from li.
Let me know what you think if you have one already.

28eaf88035eb042b7b561cabb36d018e.jpg
cd8f1d2d9dcccae4bc7ac01c73463de6.jpg

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I finally got mine today. Let me tell you im blown away by the quality of this rep. Lately i find myself saying the same about every rep i get.
Now i get this watch from xf. The dial is amazing, its just beautiful. It has a matte look in almost every light to me, I couldn’t get at first the sunburst i saw in the earlier pictures posted here, only when i left the build...

Thanks for sharing these. I definitely think the dial looks a bit more matte. Looks a lot better imo, more similar to the color on the JF but with way better printing.

Reactions: snorky1

Blingo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
30/9/18
Turkey
Now i get this watch from xf. The dial is amazing, its just beautiful. It has a matte look in almost every light to me, I couldn’t get at first the sunburst i saw in the earlier pictures posted here, only when i left the building and got some sunshine thats when ingot it to shine most, but still not as much i saw in my qc pics from before the watch got stolen from li.
Let me know what you think if you have one already.

28eaf88035eb042b7b561cabb36d018e.jpg
cd8f1d2d9dcccae4bc7ac01c73463de6.jpg

I love this watch

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Thanks for sharing these. I definitely think the dial looks a bit more matte. Looks a lot better imo, more similar to the color on the JF but with way better printing.

Is this more gen-like or how it was before when it had more sunburst and less matte effect?