• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
there is a paradox in what you wrote.
on the gen there is no second gear/position to change date, it is not a modern Ap caliber of the 15400 or 15500 with their quick date set.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/audemars-piguet-ap/9024665-xf-15202st-v2-first-impressions
we spoke about it here, please read what LEGEND wrote regarding the Myota of the XF 15202 and the date set up.

I believe what maxik wanted to write was that puretime mentioned a 2 spot position meaning

position 1- crown pushed in
position 2- time (hour and minute hands) adjustment

As per gen, that is correct.
I am unsure however if that was what he was trying to say.

Reactions: Allure and vcappp

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Let me share with you my experiences with XF 15202 as it relates to the gap between the bracelet and the case. When I received my V1, everything about it was fine except that when I tried to resize the bracelet I found that the bracelet screws were impossible to unscrew no matter what I tried. I eventually had to spend another $120 for a new set of bracelet. The lug screws were fortunately fine.

When I fitted the new bracelet to the watch, however, I found that the gap between the bracelet and the case on the bottom side was noticeably larger than the other side. I tried to convince myself that it was fine for a few days, but I eventually had to resort to mixing and matching the old bracelet and the new one by sawing parts of the old bracelet.

The moral of the story is that rep factories are continually making changes to their watches but unfortunately they have no qualms about selling superseded watch parts ie- accepting money for dumping old stock. I am sorry to say this but I think the gap on your watch is unusually wide by XF standards. The gap between the case and the first link should not be very noticeably larger than the gap between individual links.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I GL'ed it already and I personally don't want to go back on my word with my TD on it - I think I can live with the flaw for now since everything else on it seems as good as it can be for me. I've looked at other V2s floating around and alot seem to have the same issue to varying degrees.

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I GL'ed it already and I personally don't want to go back on my word with my TD on it - I think I can live with the flaw for now since everything else on it seems as good as it can be for me. I've looked at other V2s floating around and alot seem to have the same issue to varying degrees.

Good man. I also see that a few other watches in this forum have the same issue. Maybe this is the new normal for XF 15202.

Reactions: Tamajirou

King Louis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/20
Looks great! Congrats! Lume, bezel screws seem spot on. Gap between first links seems ok, too. I hope my QC pics will look similar to yours.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Personally, I'm glad at how blue it looks. I already have a grey/blue watch lol! I do wonder why TDs don't just go full fantasy models on some of these harder to replicate dial colors. I'd rather be able to get a gold and black 15202 than get the perfect blue/grey. But maybe that's just me

nasar73

26/8/18
So today I received my 15202 from TonySoprano1 who didn't want to keep this.
I'm very pleased with it. I'm not really into AP's... but this is amazing.
Welcome any feedback that you may have.
vD3fK.jpg
vDzQ8.jpg

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
]

Looks like a v1 dial with uniform tapisserie and clean printed logo, but with nice and well located bezel screws like the v2. Looks like you got the best of both worlds man congrats!

Reactions: Rainbowkin

T'Challa

22/7/19
vD3fK.jpg
vDzQ8.jpg

This is very nice! How do you folks usually take such sharp close ups of the dial?
That shot is so perfect! Lighting, seemingly unfiltered, sharp crisp printing. Love it!

Reactions: nasar73

King Louis

24/6/20
Hi, I‘ve got a specific question for those who recently ordered a V2. If your QC pics showed yellowish lume markers like mine, were they indeed yellow in every day life, under normal light conditions? Any feedback is highly appreciated.

King Louis

24/6/20
Define your normal. For me, yes, when I sit down on my desk.

Exactly this. Sitting down at the office with natural light in the summer and artificial light during the colder and darker winter months.
I just do not want it to scream yellow every time I look at it.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Exactly this. Sitting down at the office with natural light in the summer and artificial light during the colder and darker winter months.
I just do not want it to scream yellow every time I look at it.

It will scream on you, not because the lume is really off but you keeping telling yourself from your heart it is off. Send to someone for a relume and potentially refinish of the case and bracelet - you will be much happier after, not for that much on your watch has changed, but for the mental advantage from knowing the flaws have been taken care of

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya
They sadly didn’t fix the lume. I noticed on TS site pics and some QCs it looks okay but when ppl actually get the watch the yellow lume is still visible. Insane how they didn’t fix this

Anadrol5

14/10/18
They sadly didn’t fix the lume. I noticed on TS site pics and some QCs it looks okay but when ppl actually get the watch the yellow lume is still visible. Insane how they didn’t fix this

A few pages back a member mentioned that the lume was initially fixed in the early release V2s but XF decided to revert back to yellow lume becasue their gen sample had mismatching lume.

Updog

18/7/19
Will just have to wait for ZF to release theirs if you can wait. If not, you could always send it off to be re-lumed.

Reactions: vcappp