• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF 15202ST V2 First Impressions

Noobguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
United Kingdom
Hey guys, just received my XF 15202 V2 and decided to share my thoughts. Hopefully everybody else who receives there’s will share their 2 cents. I already had a 15500 JF V5 so using this to draw some comparisons.

Straight away I noticed this feels a lot more delicate compared to the 15500. As you know Royal Oak sits large on the wrist anyway so I didn’t expect that much of a difference between the 41m and 39m. The combination of the 39m case and the 8.5m thickness however feels completely different. Definitely not as robust, but nonetheless I love it. I have a 6.25 inch wrist so this is ideal for me.

The dial is very clean. The tapisserie I think is miles better than the JF and the “Audemars Piguet” text is more correct on the 15202.
One major talking point looking through others QC’s was the slight difference in line between the hands and hour markers. I had the same impression with my QC. Although the hour markers didn’t have the green tint, the hands looked slightly whiter. I’m glad to say this is not noticeable in real life. Sitting looking at my list in natural light it’s not noticeable at all.

The bezel screws on the V1 where rather poor. The V2 still has the fat screws although I think they are better rounded on this version (might just be my watch?). The positioning of the screws isn’t perfect, slightly smaller ones would’ve made the positioning a lot easier and for me would’ve been perfect. But tbh I don’t think this is majorly jumping out at anybody without a gen side by side. Finishing on both brushed and polished areas are great, no complaints from me. The date wheel is centred well- as expected from XF. Completely forgot when ordering that there is no quick date setting. Picked this up on the 23rd and the date was set to 27th and had to wind all the way around (sigh). That’s my only issue with the DW.

The bracelet is very comfortable, especially on the smaller wrist. The tapering of the 15202 is noticeable, adding to the delicacy of the watch. I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable accidentally knocking this off the bar whilst doing shots. For some people it might actually be too small, for the usual panerai enthusiast this would probably feel like a fitbit.
The only issue I had was the screws. Took me ages to find a screwdriver to fit the screws. I have one that fits the screws in the 15500 but the thinner bracelet and finer screws were hard work taking out links. I needed up going working with a 0.8mm screwdriver to get the job done.

The quality of the crown could be better, the depth and quality of the AP is ok. Other batches or individual pieces might be better. However in comparison to the JF, due to the size, the differences isn’t that prominent and absolutely not noticeable on the wrist, so again no real complaints from me. The crown height is bang on. I seen the V1 had examples where it was too low however this not an issue with the V2.

The overall quality of the clasp is satisfactory. A little stiff but I’m positive this will ease with use. The AP of the clasp looks rather musky and patchy (if that’s the best way to explain it). I’m hoping with general wear and the inevitable desk diving this will just add to the worn look.

I’m not going to get into the movement because it’s a rep, it is what it is, an obvious tell. The roater itself in real life looks almost pinkish. Cest la vie. Although it is very quiet so that is a bonus. Anyone with the JFV5 will know haha

Overall I am very happy with this rep. Although there are a few areas that could be improved with future batches/versions I feel these are minor. This is my favourite Royal Oak rep OOTB. If anybody is on the fence I say go for it. Without handing this to somebody, who knows what they’re looking for, for a 10 minute scrutiny, the tells mentioned above are absolutely not noticeable in the wrist. Some pics below. Done this on my iPhone and don’t have a real camera so sorry if the quality isn’t great, I just wanted to give a general overview and quick comparison to the 15500.

Cheers guys

https://clickpix.org/image/ukqc3
https://clickpix.org/image/ukLGp
https://clickpix.org/image/uk5L5
https://clickpix.org/image/ukU8F
https://clickpix.org/image/ukW7t
https://clickpix.org/image/ukmYE
https://clickpix.org/image/uki32
https://clickpix.org/image/ukOis
https://clickpix.org/image/ukown

Edit: several people asking me who I went with. I used Ryan at InTime. From purchase to delivery all in all took 11 days. Fantastic service.
https://www.intime05.co/audemars-pi...-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2121.html

Last edited:

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Glad to know its working well with a smaller wrist. Mine are the same size as yours as and that was my biggest concern next to the mismatched lume seen on some QC.

Reactions: Noobguy

smallgi2018

16/8/18
Thank you so much for your review.
It's very helpful. I am going to jump on it after seeing your review.
Do you mind to share which TD you went for in PM pls?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Thanks for the review and I think this explains the yellowish lume issue in QC pics. Looks white in your pics.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for the review. There is no quickset feature but there's a trick to avoid having to go all the way. When you pass midnight with the minute hands and therefore the date increments, just go back (can't remember whether it's like 15 min or a few hours) the forward again and as the time goes through midnight again it will increment the date once more

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Thanks for the review. There is no quickset feature but there's a trick to avoid having to go all the way. When you pass midnight with the minute hands and therefore the date increments, just go back (can't remember whether it's like 15 min or a few hours) the forward again and as the time goes through midnight again it will increment the date once more

Yep, 2 hours : One full round, then when 12:00 is reach do the 12:00 -->10:00 backward and then forth again...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yep, 2 hours : One full round, then when 12:00 is reach do the 12:00 -->10:00 backward and then forth again...

It should be 0000 to 2100hrs (sometimes even 2000hrs) and back again. I think that the date change mechanism does not activate if hand does not go beyond 2100hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
It should be 0000 to 2100hrs (sometimes even 2000hrs) and back again. I think that the date change mechanism does not activate if hand does not go beyond 2100hrs.

of course what I mentioned is the functioning of AP caliber, I don't know about the Myota (s) but I think I read somewhere they copied this option....
On AP's 2121, after a full round of the hours hand, to "quick" switch the date you can do this 12:00 --> 10:00 back and forth.

Reactions: KanyeWest26

Merlan8

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/19
in my opinion, it was the least comfortable bracelet ever worn ... Rolex ARF and PP 5711 looks "silk" ... this is much rougher

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Good review, thanks for sharing!! Waiting for Salmon dial, will then decide which one to get.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
of course what I mentioned is the functioning of AP caliber, I don't know about the Myota (s) but I think I read somewhere they copied this option....
On AP's 2121, after a full round of the hours hand, to "quick" switch the date you can do this 12:00 --> 10:00 back and forth.

Yes I was talking about the modified miyota movement. They did copy the gen function.
The cal. 2121 is a vintage caliber and this date change method is outdated as you know. I much prefer the quickset date in the modern 3130 and 4302 caliber.

Reactions: gilrob

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Yes I was talking about the modified miyota movement. They did copy the gen function.
The cal. 2121 is a vintage caliber and this date change method is outdated as you know. I much prefer the quickset date in the modern 3130 and 4302 caliber.

for the myota like I said I have no experience, and I trust your experience.
With the 2121, it is clear that if you do not wear the watch for a while, you have to spend a bit of time to adjust the date, of course the newest version with the quick set are easier and more appropriated for persons who are having several watches to wear...

Noobguy

8/11/18
United Kingdom

Honest to God I wish I kew this before I literally cycled through every date on the wheel lolol

Reactions: catana1981

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I hate to say this but these QC pics are taken under direct artificial light in a photo box that charges up the lumes.

Last edited: