• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Factory Upcoming 126600 Sea-Dweller with Asian 2824 Movement

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I’ve copied your photos to show how close it is and yes it beats the ARF comfortably.
3670595f007afbc1ffcb42d5a9574b9a.jpg

7a78268ea56cedb5f07e0754cd316125.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RandyC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/19
Looks fantastic in pics. If someone has both the ARF and the XF can they put side by side pics please. Will be good to see how much better is this relatively.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
I’ve copied your photos to show how close it is and yes it beats the ARF comfortably.
3670595f007afbc1ffcb42d5a9574b9a.jpg

7a78268ea56cedb5f07e0754cd316125.jpg

That XF does look really good and very gen like. Think I'll have to get one post cny and do a side by side with my gen. I have the ARF sd43 and it is also a bloody good rep and feels very gen like on the wrist, however, it can't match how the white gold dial markers and platinum infill on the bezel markers pop on the gen in the light, the ARF dial is also glossier than the gen but I quite like that, and the 12 0 clock pip isn't quite right. I'll do a direct comparison with the ARF in a separate thread when I have time, or when I get the XF and do all three.

RandyC

17/4/19
That XF does look really good and very gen like. Think I'll have to get one post cny and do a side by side with my gen. I have the ARF sd43 and it is also a bloody good rep and feels very gen like on the wrist, however, it can't match how the white gold dial markers and platinum infill on the bezel markers pop on the gen in the light, the ARF dial is also glossier than the gen but I quite like that, and the 12 0 clock pip isn't quite right. I'll do a direct comparison with the ARF in a separate thread when I have time, or when I get the XF and do all three.

Fantastic idea mate- would be great to see a comparison of Gen, ARF and XF side by side! I must also appreciate your pictures- they are amazing! what set up are you using?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia

Looking forward to it. Thanks in advance :)

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Mine arrived today and can honestly say ARF have been knocked off their perch...
295987cfce05cbcfd1bd816847ac66b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
Just arrived. Quick shot with no filters or corrects applied so all the flaws show up.

Don't have much time tonight to take more but will do so over the coming days.

The magnification on mine above looks much bigger than what others have posted of their versions. Mine takes up most of the window, where as the above have more of a gen-like shape. Is this just the angle of the photo or distance it was taken?

Reactions: replikmaster

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
The magnification on mine above looks much bigger than what others have posted of their versions. Mine takes up most of the window, where as the above have more of a gen-like shape. Is this just the angle of the photo or distance it was taken?

I’ve seen inconsistencies of magnification on these sadly. I was offered one with too bigger mag. Maybe just a case of seating the crystal better but a shorter gasket doesn’t work on these as the crystal sits on the rehaut due to its thickness.

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Just compared mine to the pic of the gen, the “5” looks exactly the same so well chuffed ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
For those doubting trusty stating the insert was by clean!! Stripped my watch for a clean and grease today and here you go.
c5ea1e404ee5d975972f360ed7c9c3be.jpg

b9afb5f2e87eb29803d974ca93c1571a.jpg

That’s fantastic. Thanks for confirming.

Is the insert pressed in or glued?

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Fantastic idea mate- would be great to see a comparison of Gen, ARF and XF side by side! I must also appreciate your pictures- they are amazing! what set up are you using?

Thanks bud, its just my old Samsung S7 mobile, nothing more.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
And I just ordered and recieved 2 ARF v3. But still to me all of these improvements and honestly I cant tell a difference too much. These reps are just so damn good that you really cant go wrong with any. Here is my ARF v3. One did come with a bit more magnification and other is normal as it should i think. The only think I do like is the ARF doesnt have the crown between Swiss Made so its the true 50th Anniversary if anyone cares. Lol

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Very nice...would be great to see them work on other models too

RandyC

17/4/19
IIRC XF subs were not true 904l steel through and through, only the bracelet was 904l. Is it the same thing on their SD43?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
And I just ordered and recieved 2 ARF v3. But still to me all of these improvements and honestly I cant tell a difference too much. These reps are just so damn good that you really cant go wrong with any. Here is my ARF v3. One did come with a bit more magnification and other is normal as it should i think. The only think I do like is the ARF doesnt have the crown between Swiss Made so its the true 50th Anniversary if anyone cares. Lol

This is not the arf thread buddy so why are you posting and talking about it. Take it from someone who knows these models well, XF beats it hands down on all details!

Reactions: Jayalvin777