• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

White HBB

no_one

5/4/08
sexybeast said:
no_one said:
sexybeast said:
i need some help finding this watch, anybody? nobody has it posted on their websites

http://www.timeshops.net/Hublot_Big_Bang_St_Moritz_(Seramic_White_Rubber)21_600bph__1134-3364.htm

i have never heard of them before, have you bought from them, are they ok?

They're a dealer on one of the other boards. I have no experience with them, but Pix has bought form them many times & is quite happy with them.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
I got the all white HBB from Silix (the one with the SS bezel, but WITHOUT the diamonds). Arrived via EMS in less than a week to the US. I actually bought it for myself, and I'm a BIG guy too. I wear it all the time in the summer, and I love it. However, it does attract more attention than other watches. Personally, I don't understand how anyone could consider a WHITE watch fruity looking. Chanel sells plenty of the large J12's in white (of course, anything that says Chanel on it could be considered pretty fruity by default anyway).

The Silix version is priced right and it has the high beat 7750, which is more than I can say for the "Lite" offerings from other dealers. It also has decent AR (more than sufficient for a white dial).

Comparing this "Factory 2" version to my "Ultimate Factory 1" HBB, the major differences are:

- Factory 2/Silix version has the incorrect screw down crown (not crazy about this, but I'll live with it for the huge cost savings)
- Factory 2 version has a different strap/deployant. I actually prefer the Factory 2. The rubber is softer and more comfortable. More importantly, the deployant is A LOT MORE COMFORTABLE than the agonizingly painful deployant on the Ultimate HBBs. The two sharp points on the underside of the Ultimate deployant needs to be filed down significantly with a metal file. The V2 deployant needs no such mods at all.
- Factory 2 version has a smaller incorrectly-shaped date window. The window on the Ultimate is larger and more correct, but the smaller window on the F2 does have one advantage: it makes it almost impossible to tell how recessed the date wheel is.

Bottom line is that the Silix HBB's are superb values. The screw down crown is unfortunate, but you get a better strap/deployant, a far better and more reliable 28,8 movement (as compared to the Ultimate Lites), and decent AR, all for less than the price of a SOSF or UPO. For my money, this one can't be beat.

sexybeast

I'm Pretty Popular
12/8/06
jj69 said:
I got the all white HBB from Silix (the one with the SS bezel, but WITHOUT the diamonds). Arrived via EMS in less than a week to the US. I actually bought it for myself, and I'm a BIG guy too. I wear it all the time in the summer, and I love it. However, it does attract more attention than other watches. Personally, I don't understand how anyone could consider a WHITE watch fruity looking. Chanel sells plenty of the large J12's in white (of course, anything that says Chanel on it could be considered pretty fruity by default anyway).

The Silix version is priced right and it has the high beat 7750, which is more than I can say for the "Lite" offerings from other dealers. It also has decent AR (more than sufficient for a white dial).

Comparing this "Factory 2" version to my "Ultimate Factory 1" HBB, the major differences are:

- Factory 2/Silix version has the incorrect screw down crown (not crazy about this, but I'll live with it for the huge cost savings)
- Factory 2 version has a different strap/deployant. I actually prefer the Factory 2. The rubber is softer and more comfortable. More importantly, the deployant is A LOT MORE COMFORTABLE than the agonizingly painful deployant on the Ultimate HBBs. The two sharp points on the underside of the Ultimate deployant needs to be filed down significantly with a metal file. The V2 deployant needs no such mods at all.
- Factory 2 version has a smaller incorrectly-shaped date window. The window on the Ultimate is larger and more correct, but the smaller window on the F2 does have one advantage: it makes it almost impossible to tell how recessed the date wheel is.

Bottom line is that the Silix HBB's are superb values. The screw down crown is unfortunate, but you get a better strap/deployant, a far better and more reliable 28,8 movement (as compared to the Ultimate Lites), and decent AR, all for less than the price of a SOSF or UPO. For my money, this one can't be beat.

thanks for the update, do you have any photo's or wrist shots, thanks so much......