• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

White ceramic perpetual calendar

rmnlchh

Horology Curious
8/2/23
Europe
Hey guys, did anybody get royal oak white ceramic ap from some TDs? Any feedback/thoughts?

DaveinKeller

Looking Around
29/4/23
Texas
I have been looking at the black ceramic version made by APSF. There appears to be 2 versions that they call "Best Edition". The for around $630 doesn't have the correct hand stack or the correct leap year hand. The one for around $730 does. Other than that, they both look the same to me in pictures.

Reactions: rmnlchh

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21
Hi, I've held the gen white ceramic perpetual and honestly the rep's entire case is so far off. The gen is a matte, chalk-white, while the rep looks shiny, and an ever so slightly yellow hue in the ceramic. I could probably look past parts of the rep not being fully functional but the case is way too far off for me

Reactions: TESLA760

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Mine came in, unfortunately I didn’t catch any that the hour and minute hands are out of synch by about 27 minutes. Is this going to be an easy fix for a watch smith or not?
The watch is incredible though. And all of the functions work. I love it but this sucks!

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Out of sync? Meaning the hour hand is at an hour marker and the minute hand is around the 6 o'clock marker? As is visible from your photos? Did I understand correctly?
These movements don't exactly have the best reputation for reliability and serviceability, so I'm a little worried for you, I have not come across anyone, that would be willing to take this movement apart yet. (I had the APSF v2 black)

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Out of sync? Meaning the hour hand is at an hour marker and the minute hand is around the 6 o'clock marker? As is visible from your photos? Did I understand correctly?
These movements don't exactly have the best reputation for reliability and serviceability, so I'm a little worried for you, I have not come across anyone, that would be willing to take this movement apart yet. (I had the APSF v2 black)
No, I think the hands were just pressed in wrong. I don’t believe it’s an issue with the movement.

Reactions: Procurator

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Ah, did not think of that, sorry ☺️
Then it should be a very easy job.

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Ah, did not think of that, sorry ☺️
Then it should be a very easy job.
Yeah! I just need to find a watch smith that’s local and willing to do it, or maybe someone on RWI who can quickly fix it for a reasonable price. This thing was like $600 and I just got it lmao

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
It’s keeping time flawlessly, just the hands were set wrong. Were they setting it at 5 o’clock but instead of the jour hand being there, the minutes hand was? Idk

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Hi, I've held the gen white ceramic perpetual and honestly the rep's entire case is so far off. The gen is a matte, chalk-white, while the rep looks shiny, and an ever so slightly yellow hue in the ceramic. I could probably look past parts of the rep not being fully functional but the case is way too far off for me
100% correct

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
The biggest tell on my rep is that if I try and set it to 3 o’clock like that, the minute hand will be at 30. I took a video showing it, but here are some screenshots

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
No. As @Procurator pics show, the finish of the watch is a dead giveway that can be spotted at a distance. The rep has a finish similar to the Chanel ceramic J12. Way too shiny. The rest of the inaccuracies just add to it.

Reactions: Procurator

spursian

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
One way is to sandblast the ceramic parts to make it look matte. I did it for my 44mm ROO and it looks way better after that.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
The thing is, even if you sandblast it, it's still the wrong color and density.
I cannot explain how am I able to see density of the material, but I am able to see it and pretty much anyone is able to feel it.
So on a rubber strap ROO, that's a lesser concern than on a full ceramic watch with a bracelet.

But yeah, sandblasting is better than a rusty wire in the eye.

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA

Absolutely incredible. The watch is soooo nice