• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which super rep is better overall? TC Sub V6 or BK Noob V5 Sub-C

D

d4m.test

It´s done:)
caddell-signature-25-286_zpsee654479.jpg

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

I have been a watch/clock junkie all my life. I have many fine watches, all swiss and worth thousands and thousands. A friend showed me his TC. There are many watch pros who will not spot these as replicas. That is of course until, if, they take the back off. No way to hide the fact that this is not a Rolex but a good copy of the Swiss ETA 2824-2 or Selita SW200 from Seagull or 2836 clone. These are fine time pieces.

Now, I have no interest in a Rolex which is not a Rolex. Having said that I would have no problem owning a TC under a TC label. It a quality movement in a quality case with a good bracelet. As for a replica, it’s about as close as anyone can get to the real thing.

Without the back being removed, the TC I held in my hand is going to fool almost everyone.

In my opinion, Caddell should go with a good Swiss SW200 and put his name on the dial. It's a great integration of many good parts. If Breitling and others can package watch parts so can Caddell, the TC Submariner's are fine looking watches.

He has put his name on the dial dammit u beat me to it daywatch i was going to post the pic ha ha ha ha.saved me the hasstle :)

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
He has put his name on the dial dammit u beat me to it daywatch i was going to post the pic ha ha ha ha.saved me the hasstle :)

Okay.

Now I want a Sub dial with MY name on it.

lhedrick

Looking Around
4/9/16

Yes, he has his name on it, I guess I should have been more clear. He should brand it and take the Rolex stuff of it.

jamsie

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
CONUS
@ihedrick TC has a potential MK II Bill Yao killer here, now that is odd, I was thinking about Tom's good work with the TC Sub just the other day..it blows away say a Tag Heuer and many lesser boutique brands. What really got me thinking and to be ON POINT is this is the same passion as MK II & just like Bill's work it is sourced parts, and then assembled in the USA. If TC used Swiss movements as you mentioned he would still come in around $800 for these.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Dofe

Known Member
15/11/16
I see this question a lot. The 16610 and 116610 are to totally different beasts. I would get both and enjoy them as they are unless you find a modder to correct the issues. You gotta remember that for $500 your paying less than 10% of the actual cost of the gen. If you can get a 1:1 perfect rep for $500 then why bother spending 5,000$?? Don't look into these watches too much. Don't stare at them closely. just buy what you like, wear them in good health and if anyone calls you out (99.9999% of the population won't be able to) just chuckle and say yes it's a rep.

:) sage advice