• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which IWC are you wearing today??

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
WpSrAbM.jpg

Albranius

Renowned Member
2/11/12
Today is a great day!!!! A nice package came in, and tonight I'm going to pick up my new gen 3717. Awesome! :-D

mu6e7e8e.jpg

atanutyq.jpg

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Great Albranius ! Can't wait to see the result.

vanquish0000

17/11/12

My new iwc laureus ingy vintage on rios blue gator strap. Love the watch, well built and amazing qaulity....if anyone's looking for a dress watch, highly highly recommand!

J___

M2M Stalker
Supporter
Certified
3/7/14
Tick tock tick tock... :D

So I've been searching for a 3714 for quite some time now and for every one that I've seen from the websites of the TD's, the chronographs are always shining and not flat like the gen (and yours).

So many of you guys in this thread have the 3714 with flat white chronometers...are these all modded? Apologies in advance, for I'm still new to this rep game.

Albranius

Renowned Member
2/11/12
So I've been searching for a 3714 for quite some time now and for every one that I've seen from the websites of the TD's, the chronographs are always shining and not flat like the gen (and yours).

So many of you guys in this thread have the 3714 with flat white chronometers...are these all modded? Apologies in advance, for I'm still new to this rep game.

Yes, almost all 3714's you see around here are Frankens.

J-SJ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/11/13

What do you mean by flat white? The dial?

My watch below is a standard rep dial. It's not white, it's silver, quite close to the gen. I have a white gen dial too. Its gloss level is very similar to the reps.

fee7845a29c2e112aba7e5c31c89d2fe.jpg

J___

M2M Stalker
Supporter
Certified
3/7/14
What do you mean by flat white? The dial?

My watch below is a standard rep dial. It's not white, it's silver, quite close to the gen. I have a white gen dial too. Its gloss level is very similar to the reps.

fee7845a29c2e112aba7e5c31c89d2fe.jpg

The circles at the 6 and 12 hour mark (I assumed they were called chronometers) don't seem to be flush with the color of the rest of the dial in the reps, but with the gen, they maintain the color consistently. It's a bit shiny on the reps, it seems.

Also, thanks Albranius for the clarification! Which modders are available for this kind of work? I've only seen and heard of Rolex modders, unfortunately.

rhc22

26/11/11
The dial on the -01 and -17 look different in different lighting conditions. The reps are slightly more silvery but both gen and rep the colour is consistant over the whole face.

Brodders

Known Member
6/4/13
Can't wear mine at the moment. One of the clasp release buttons has come out and won't stay on place when pushed back. Anybody else experienced this and more importantly know how to fix?

a6e8a8y8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk