• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to get an ETA 2824-2 date disc with serif font (Tudor)

dax007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
12/4/23
Usa
because of the bezel action, or are there other aspects which dissappointing you?
I got my 79090 rep from bivintage-- yes atleast on this my bezel action is not what i expected.. I had to remove the ?? FRICTION RING? under thebezel so it turns better. I knew they dont come with click spring, but ..... Now my 9411 vietnam spec case with gen 1680 bezel and ring operates more smooth but not loose.. so i dont know. I have removing the BEZEL because these inserts can be tricky atleast for me.. overall VERY HAPPY with BIVINTAGE PRICE on building a complete watch and their warrenty service they provided me with a issue when it arrive(they have a watch smith in USA)..

nickelodeon

DIY and vintage enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
5/4/22
I got my 79090 rep from bivintage-- yes atleast on this my bezel action is not what i expected.. I had to remove the ?? FRICTION RING? under thebezel so it turns better. I knew they dont come with click spring, but ..... Now my 9411 vietnam spec case with gen 1680 bezel and ring operates more smooth but not loose.. so i dont know. I have removing the BEZEL because these inserts can be tricky atleast for me.. overall VERY HAPPY with BIVINTAGE PRICE on building a complete watch and their warrenty service they provided me with a issue when it arrive(they have a watch smith in USA)..
thanks for your clarifications.

Yes, it seems that its a bit of trying and adjusting to find the correct / best fitting of all the parts, including the crystal.
Based on a advice from another thread I've directly ordered the complete genspec bezel from clarks and hope find a good fitting with that, in combination with a right measured crystal I will got locally, after measuring everything. All of that is a bit of work, but also a lot of fun :)

Iceberg99

Supporter
Certified
10/9/19
I ordered a wso bezel friction ring and that fixed the problem for me the bivintage friction ring was rusty out of the box, I have now ordered my dial and going to be building the watch!

Reactions: dax007

jp3007_1

Supporter
Certified
17/10/18
I pushed on to build the 76100 and did it myself almost done.. didnt have movt holder tabs ugh! I also need to trim stem but check it out ( I might order a lolipop hand but its another $100 so waiting for now.
Nice! Parts list?

Iceberg99

Supporter
Certified
10/9/19
Nice! Parts list?
76100 build list

Full Case: bivintagestore $450

Dial: Yuki $113

Hands: Raffles $20

Bezel insert: vintage watch parts on ebay $95 hand to be lightly sanded to fit

Bracelet: raffles with proper 380b endlinks $60

Movement brand new top grade eta 2824 $280

Wso friction ring $19

Total build cost to date $1037 plus shipping costs

Future plans:

Add lollipop handset

Add a better caseback, I do not like the bivintagestore caseback

Silver datewheel ( I have one but it was working as intended due to small bend)

Iceberg99

Supporter
Certified
10/9/19
Let me know if you find any decent ones for the bivintage cases, I'm not that fond of the case back on my 79090 either
Helenarou has a better one but idk if its a direct fit they said case back thread diameter is 31mm but here is a photo the only problem is its missing the flat middle part