• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where does Crownartcustoms get his inserts from?

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
It’s very dark , how expensive are they lol
That's the only one I have ever come across to be honest, so I don't know where the market values them but I was comfortable paying multiple hundreds, as part of a deal with a couple of other bits... If the watch had to go in to RSC I suspect the total bill would have been thousands and I'd have had a load of original parts changed, so it was worth it.

How does £2.5k sound for a lighter one :sick: https://www.chrono24.co.uk/tudor/be...bezel-79090---9411--7016-9401--id10020476.htm

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
Yeah, it's a total madness but they're not service inserts, or not thin font, modern service inserts like mine at least. They're late 70s / early 80s originals and NOS, so pretty vanishingly rare. But I still don't get it. I guess if you had a gen minter and were looking to knock it out for some crazy money, like £20k, everything would need to be perfect and the £2.5k might get you the extra £5k you're charging for 'the best'.

Anyway, apologies for taking the CAC insert thread down a Tudor Sub gen insert rabbit hole!

ronin007

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
8/10/12
Kent England
I’m thinking he gets them from Vietnam and then customizes them with aging.
Here’s one I just picked up from Bivintage, pretty much identical to the CAC insert on my Tudor 9411…at 1/10th the price.
Do you want to sell the bivintage insert,lol

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
Last edited:
Reactions: Baccaracca669

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
Also, is CAC still in business? I haven't seen anything in his ebay shop in weeks! Would love a blue Snowflake insert review thread.

Baccaracca669

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Patron
Certified
25/11/23
Kent, UK

chrome72

Renowned Member
7/12/17
Houston TX Baby
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any attempts at making these. Seems like you could just anodize an aluminum insert. Use a laser (I think a diode laser like the xtool would work) to laser away the numbers. Seal it. Call it a day. I’m sure the artwork could me meticulously copied.

WatchN3RD

24/7/18
It could be easier. What if you safely removed the non-silver dye, and simply re-dyed the color to your liking?
Of course choosing the font would be starting from scratch.
I don't think it's difficult, but you need to be committed. For the average watch tinkerer, it wouldn't be worth it, financially.