• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's the issue with RepGeek??

Tag_luvr

Known Member
16/3/10
Tag, I sent SFA a PM and asked if he could look into the situation. He's a very good guy, and I'm sure he'll do his best.

Thanks seanf! I also sent a PM to sfa. I hope he can solve this issue out. Thanks again.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Tag Luvr,

Why is your avatar an Ebel 1911 if you are a tag lover?

(All though I'm an Ebel 1911 lover also. Better than any ol Tag.)

robbnj

11/6/09
I'm thinking it may be an issue of context.

Short story:
1. Someone vents about a hit/run accident.
2. Some bonehead back-handedly blames immigrants & cites immigration law (racist undertones).
3. Moderator says "knock it off" or a vacation will happen.
4. In support of strong laws (hopefully not of racist remarks), Tag_luvr quotes previously mentioned bonehead's post & earns the promised vacation.

Without knowing your intent, you post could very easily be misconstrued & it makes sense that the mod did what he did.

Sorry, but that's the truth here.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Robb, to change the subject here a bit, shouldn't your location be 100 "miles" as in plural? LOL

On topic if Nembo said "hey knock it off", and someone had to post the last word, I can see a little bit of dis-respect there.

Wow a bunch of people watching and reading this thread. Hi, PSofCS, KBH, drivesick, DemonSlayer and briansw510. :wave:

Welcome to RWI. :)

Tag_luvr

Known Member
16/3/10
On topic if Nembo said "hey knock it off", and someone had to post the last word, I can see a little bit of dis-respect there.

that's strange because he must have posted that statement when i wasnt able to see it because i couldnt login. :thinking: I never wanted to disrespect anyone and i think he was to quick to ban someone.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Think of all the time will have NOT wasted while you're banned.

robbnj

11/6/09
R2- Details fixed!

Tag - Below is what happened. Your post makes it look like you were in direct violation of forum rules and (secondarily) of disregarding the mod's mandate to drop the racist stuff.
If it's context, you can probably plead your "case" to SFA (member here & mod there) & get reinstated. If you don' want to bother, chalk it up to a learning experience & post an apology when your vacation is over.

Post#3
<<Posted by **********:
<<Yet another reason we need to enforce the Arizona law with regard to illegal <<immigrants.

Post #5
Posted by Moderator:
Where exactly does it say this was caused by an immigrant?
Another stupid remark like this and i'll send you on a vacation.

Post #15
Posted by Tag_luvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by *********
"Yet another reason we need to enforce the Arizona law with regard to illegal immigrants."

STRONGLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Not taking any sides, but it's situations like these that can end up causing flame wars between forum members and between forums themselves. What happened to you was a logical conclusion yet there were even repsonses to your OP that paint another forum in a bad light.

'Just not cool in my book.

kylus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/07
I agree. They're so draconian till they suck.

I can say that freely now, since they banned me for posting mutiple items in 1 thread. Lol! Rwi and rwg are much friendlier.

Still, they are ban-happy there.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
We call it flushing the tarry stool.. Repgeek is a big toilet full of shit.. Occasionally a turd does not look like the others so they flush it...lol

big eebee

7/6/09
I agree. They're so draconian till they suck.

I can say that freely now, since they banned me for posting mutiple items in 1 thread. Lol! Rwi and rwg are much friendlier.

Thats not really the case is it
you had no less than three or was it four, sales threads nuked
for not following the rules, and you continued to ignore the advice
and the rules by continually reposting the same thread
you felt you were above the rules
the mods on the other hand thought not

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Draconian they may be, I just follow the rules and play by the book and have open dealings with all three forums. I've been "warned" a few times on one of them so much that I took a 1 year hiatus from rep forums altogether. I only came back to it last September and it was here first, then there after.

kylus

10/9/07
Stop your whining old man, you go on and on about the same thing.

Lose some of your pomp maybe i'll find you less annoying.

To hell w rg, there's a strong singapore contingent here while you whine alone back there.

Thats not really the case is it
you had no less than three or was it four, sales threads nuked
for not following the rules, and you continued to ignore the advice
and the rules by continually reposting the same thread
you felt you were above the rules
the mods on the other hand thought not

kylus

10/9/07
Ooo just when i thought the english prude got some sense he goes whining to repgeek mods tat i said rg sucks and is draconian.
Dude please stay put at rg and don't disturb my surfing experience here.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Ooo just when i thought the english prude got some sense he goes whining to repgeek mods tat i said rg sucks and is draconian.
Dude please stay put at rg and don't disturb my surfing experience here.

If your coming here to post and slag of other forums, then I would suggest you do it elsewhere. All the replica forums are a community, some of us prefer some to others.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????