• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What you can acutally get from Aliexpress with a bit of research (no live links)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
It is! That is the fun of these "cheapy" watches. I am a tinker so tearing these badboys apart is fun.

Idk about you, but I destroy crowns lol so mine always look messed up after a month. I need to order them in bulk or just not wear watches all the time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll lay it on the line, this is just me, it's not that the crown or Pearl won't function or patina, it's just too far off the mark.

These watches are fun and it's about perspective and tolerance. What can "You" tolerate for flaws? That is all that matters.

Bassman3401

Renowned Member
26/12/14
Very nice! Looks solid!

Those damn pearls... Haha

The problem with most of the rolex in aliexpress is that they have the second stems too long(take a look in the higher part of the watch...is also misaligned, because in the lower part they're not too long)...i got three and 2 of them have this problem.

Apart from that i must say that they have improved their watch..now they came with a solid bracelet and the magnifying lens is pretty good(even if they don't have AR)

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
The crown too. ;)

I think that's the fun of discovering these finds. If you like the watch, you'll likely upgrade it. If not, there isn't a lot of money lost. Enjoy!

Carry on!

You've hit it on the head. Ali will never replace TDs for quality product, but I can't afford to waste $300+ on a series of top-line reps I might not like.

For $100 delivered I can try one, and if it's trash I can throw it away or if it's okay I can flip it M2M and let someone else try it even cheaper than I did. Even better 'value' was my $50 Explorer I which apart from an utterly trash bracelet, is actually quite neat!

IMG_1600.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Totally agree! "It's as close to Bailly's as you can get without getting your eyes wet! " (Old Gregg)

Old_9113f5_997251.jpg

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC

Besides the sub dials being not correct, and the bezel is off a bit too, but if you like go for it. My speedmaster j got for 42 is a great beater I've come to find out. But it has the wrong sub dials and chrono dial too. But I wish Omega actually used the sundials mine have [emoji23] I love having a day of the week, date and 24hr on the watch in numbers [emoji23]

niotin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/15
I feel like people should always include a link to a rep that they bought so if someone likes what they see, they can get one too

niotin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/15
wheres the link to the tudor watch?
based on what he wrote, it seems like there is only one replica being made of that one...so any one you find should be similar(well provided it's not like $30)

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
based on what he wrote, it seems like there is only one replica being made of that one...so any one you find should be similar(well provided it's not like $30)

And most of them are 160+... So I'd assume it's a pretty good rep

Mayweathet

Horology Curious
10/9/15
I got a real nice emporio armani "ar5866" watch from aliexpress delivered to my door in ireland for 55 dollars, full working chronogrpahs unlike the 10 dollar specials without the working chrono's.

This is the genuine

img59059574.jpg

Identical to the genuine, keeping time as it should and a fantastic watch for everyday life, looks good for training and also with a shirt at work.

daloatf

Renowned Member
4/8/15
Bought this a couple of weeks ago. It's awful! Don't know what I'm gonna do with it. Thinking of leaving it at the club in the men's room for some one to find.

b3b862b1543ca89596f776404e99f668.jpg
aa709006575d3b73a1c91765be7bd2ff.jpg

- Dave