• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

JM79

Known Member
17/1/17
View attachment 92030

Whatever my skills (and with each passing year I'm less convinced I have any), watch photography is not one of them. Still, here's a hot little Patek threesome to cheer up my grey November day...

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
View attachment 92030

Whatever my skills (and with each passing year I'm less convinced I have any), watch photography is not one of them. Still, here's a hot little Patek threesome to cheer up my grey November day...
I love retrogrades, is that a rep?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

JM79

Known Member
17/1/17
I love retrogrades, is that a rep?

Which one, Saby? They are all reps. The genuine watches (from left to right 5002, 5160 and 6002) all have retrograde date, but the reps don't. The date on the latter two just sweeps around the dial. A small price to pay as far as I'm concerned, as I'm very happy with them all.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Haha yes and pretty much everybody won't have a slightest idea what watch you're wearing anyway.

Why is this such a popular thinking [emoji848]? In what kind of environment do you guys wear this watches? Where I live and hand out people may not tell them f gen or rep but they can identify the brand and they all notice watches!

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
Why is this such a popular thinking [emoji848]? In what kind of environment do you guys wear this watches? Where I live and hand out people may not tell them f gen or rep but they can identify the brand and they all notice watches!
Where do u live/work where everyone notice and talk about watches? Just curious.

Sent from the RWI App

JM79

Known Member
17/1/17
I'm another one who rarely encounters people who know watches. Most folk I spend any time with don't appear to notice mine. Occasionally someone will compliment me on a watch, but just because they like the look of it rather than have any idea what it is. I'd say there's a very small percentage of people who have a real awareness of watch brands - for most people an expensive luxury watch begins and ends with Rolex. And even if they have heard of a couple of other names, they might know they are expensive, but have no better idea than that.

Keylog74

14/6/13
And you’re saying random people in Italy actually know a Patek if they see one? I’m really curious myself.... Dubai, I’d understand....

The places I attend and the people around me all know. While a F.P Jorne, Lange, Parmigani and some indipendent brands may go unnoticed mainstream brands Like Rolex Ap Patek Panerai dont.

jholmeson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/17
3a7p2DN.jpg

PF Nautilus with retail Liberty print shirt and Bottega Veneta bracelet. In depth PF vs BP review coming soon!

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
The places I attend and the people around me all know. While a F.P Jorne, Lange, Parmigani and some indipendent brands may go unnoticed mainstream brands Like Rolex Ap Patek Panerai dont.
I've never had anybody take a notice of my watch even when I was wearing rolex 6538 or 1655s. Only my tc submariner grabbed some attention from my close friends once which made me to believe the submariner is the most popular watch model. However, if I was wearing a simple and plain design like PP 5227, I'm pretty sure nobody would think twice about it.
What you're saying here is fascinating, please share some stories of such encounters...

Keylog74

14/6/13
I've never had anybody take a notice of my watch even when I was wearing rolex 6538 or 1655s. Only my tc submariner grabbed some attention from my close friends once which made me to believe the submariner is the most popular watch model. However, if I was wearing a simple and plain design like PP 5227, I'm pretty sure nobody would think twice about it.
What you're saying here is fascinating, please share some stories of such encounters...

Well i think people may have a hard time noticing a 2499 wich are know to be only 5 worlwide not a calatrava ... btw would love to see a pic of your collection because your singature is just WOW!

glee79

9/3/17
Sounds like the people around you are watch dealers or work in the watchmarket.

I have a few ppl at work with Rolexes, but only 1 out of 6 rolex wearers at my workplace (BANK) would know an PP or AP, And certainly not an Lange or FP J.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Sounds like the people around you are watch dealers or work in the watchmarket.

I have a few ppl at work with Rolexes, but only 1 out of 6 rolex wearers at my workplace (BANK) would know an PP or AP, And certainly not an Lange or FP J.

I wonde deny that. Some of them have jewerly shops, watch deal, owern of the Ap shop. But still im confident when i say that if i enter a bar or a club they will recognise a mainstream design.