• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Omega Are You Wearing V2

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
KZrAAK.jpeg

KZrhF8.jpeg

KZBtfY.jpeg

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Changed my mind. Just can't keep this thing off my wrist.

hW6qxv.jpeg

hW6OW1.jpeg

Sourcing a full gen ATM, so that I always have an option to get replacement case-kit parts, etc., from my local ASC. E.g., "Oops, my crown and stem fell out - can you please get me another one?" ;)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Probably a very stupid question but is that a gen or a rep?
It is a rep, the best rep of the 2531.80 ever made but still a rep. Only the bezel and hands are gen. I have had so many versions of this including the gen. I was obsessed by this one.

Reactions: Snooky and Valaj

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
It is a rep, the best rep of the 2531.80 ever made but still a rep. Only the bezel and hands are gen. I have had so many versions of this including the gen. I was obsessed by this one.
Jeez that looks stunning. I'm assuming it isn't available anymore. I'm surprised I haven't come across this before. I have a thing for old Seamasters. My brother has a gen but quartz version and I'd love to get an automatic.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Jeez that looks stunning. I'm assuming it isn't available anymore. I'm surprised I haven't come across this before. I have a thing for old Seamasters. My brother has a gen but quartz version and I'd love to get an automatic.
It was called the "Closed" factory, because it opened, made a batch of 2531.80s and then just closed lol. It is the best one ever made. They do come up every now and then in M2M but they are not frequent, maybe one every two years. You need to keep your eye out for them and you need to be quick.

Reactions: Snooky and Valaj

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
Finally picked up my ‘Rio inspired’ wave dial AT (and slapped a brown wax leather strap on).

I read somewhere once that the gen was only available to buy in Asia (an Asian market specific model apparently). Does anyone know whether that’s true or not? Certainly never seen one in the UK!

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Finally picked up my ‘Rio inspired’ wave dial AT (and slapped a brown wax leather strap on).

I read somewhere once that the gen was only available to buy in Asia (an Asian market specific model apparently). Does anyone know whether that’s true or not? Certainly never seen one in the UK!

. see this it should answer your question, but you may have already listened to it

Reactions: Valaj and Snooky

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
. see this it should answer your question, but you may have already listened to it
Yep thanks @Ah0rsey, I think I’ve probably made a good contribution to the number of views that video has, by to-ing and fro-ing on whether to pull the trigger over the past few months. Glad I did though, it’s a beaut!

• Haha
Reactions: Ah0rsey