• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What makes it tick?

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
Probably going to let my prized DRSD 1665 tiffany & co. go on M2M soon - going to miss this one
543a18ad17cab0b5b49b033387e4898a.jpg

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/what-makes-it-tick.365793/

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17
I haven't been on this forum for a little while. Work kind of gets in the way.

@maxracingshox - sorry, no I don't know John. I did however meet a local watch smith that works at my local Rolex AD (where I purchased four Gen Rolex's). He'd be willing to work on anything I bring him and could have access to parts/accessories that many of us mortals do not. He's gone to two different schools - one of them being Litiz Watch Tecnhicum.
http://lititzwatchtechnicum.org/

The Society has started my 6263PN Panda and cannot wait! Unfortunately for everyone else, he told me this is more than likely his last Daytona build since they're extremely difficult to get parts for and a ton of custom work.
I'm using a Valjoux 730 movement with date wheel removed - at this time, I'm not going to do the 727 conversion, but you never know. I highly doubt that I'll remove the case back.

I'll let the Society fill in the details. Please feel free to update with pics. Your pics look SO nice!
I'm already planning on a "photo shoot" with my racing gear once I get it.

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
@RobU6263Daytona - your name says it all! 6263 is coming [emoji51] I was hoarding some Valjoux Cal 72 movements (72C, 726, 730 - all the same base 72 movement) and I'm excited to finish this one last movement and probably break from Daytona builds for a bit. Too much work and a bunch of moving parts. I think anyone that's built various vintage Rolex will agree that the hardest build is a Daytona, followed by a 6542 GMT. Who knows maybe someday I'll get back to it but for now I'm glad to finish off the last movement / build I have [emoji51]

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/what-makes-it-tick.365793/

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I haven't been on this forum for a little while. Work kind of gets in the way.

@maxracingshox - sorry, no I don't know John. I did however meet a local watch smith that works at my local Rolex AD (where I purchased four Gen Rolex's). He'd be willing to work on anything I bring him and could have access to parts/accessories that many of us mortals do not. He's gone to two different schools - one of them being Litiz Watch Tecnhicum.
http://lititzwatchtechnicum.org/

The Society has started my 6263PN Panda and cannot wait! Unfortunately for everyone else, he told me this is more than likely his last Daytona build since they're extremely difficult to get parts for and a ton of custom work.
I'm using a Valjoux 730 movement with date wheel removed - at this time, I'm not going to do the 727 conversion, but you never know. I highly doubt that I'll remove the case back.

I'll let the Society fill in the details. Please feel free to update with pics. Your pics look SO nice!
I'm already planning on a "photo shoot" with my racing gear once I get it.
John owns a europen car garage and I helped him build his e36 m3, which he raced in several classes on mid ohio race track back in 2012.

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17
John owns a europen car garage and I helped him build his e36 m3, which he raced in several classes on mid ohio race track back in 2012.

Ah, got it.
My home track is actually NJMP (Live about 90 minutes from there). I only raced at Mid-Ohio once in a BMWCCA Endurance race. I've raced at The Glen, Lime Rock, Pocono, Summit, NJMP and VIR. I've also done nine laps at the Nurburgring in a Renault Sport Clio Cup prepared by RSR and I've driven an Indycar at LVMS and averaged 168 MPH.