• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What languages do you speak?

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
Spiccato said:
Anyone here read and write Cyrillic?

hahaha all I know is,

??????? ???,
? ????? ?? ?????????????? ? ????...??? ????? ??????????? ???? ?????????? ?;
?? ????? ??????????.
? ????? ????? ???? ? ????? ????? ???? ?????..??? ?????? ??????
- Chris

:lol:

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
ahw676 said:
nevikwen said:
I did a little Japanese back in high school and had a Japanese girlfriend, but that failed miserably.

Since you're new here, I really shouldn't do this to you, but if you were a long time member, I would not have any compunction whatsoever of asking how how little was the Japanese you did in high school. :D

BTW, I know of one member here who is fond of Japanese girls but I also know of two men who have had Japanese wives and neither has found it to be a rewarding experience. So you probably made a good decision. :)

Well...

..I´m VERY fond of japanese girls. :D
My actual gf is japanese, and I don´t date anything other than japanese girls since....2005. so, pretty much all my ex´s since then were japaneses/nisseis/sansseis...etc..

Asian women are the best for me, the more charming and eye-catching IMHO, but I can only speak about japanese, as I´ve never dated any other asian biotype.
:oops: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Spirit.

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
ahw676 said:
nevikwen said:
I did a little Japanese back in high school and had a Japanese girlfriend, but that failed miserably.

Since you're new here, I really shouldn't do this to you, but if you were a long time member, I would not have any compunction whatsoever of asking how how little was the Japanese you did in high school. :D

BTW, I know of one member here who is fond of Japanese girls but I also know of two men who have had Japanese wives and neither has found it to be a rewarding experience. So you probably made a good decision. :)

I had a Japanese gf for a while,
was a very fulfilling experience :)
We are still very good friends, so obviously it ended well.

D

d4m.test

Im not that particular, I like almost all Asian girls. Im leaving for the P.I in about a month... Thats gonna be fun!

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
CBR said:
...I like almost all Asian girls...

So do I! [smilie=angel12.gif]
..But only had the opportunity to date japanese girls so far.

Cheers,
Spirit.

romaleo

Known Member
11/5/09
it only took like two pages for this topic to be twisted into rectal and scatalogical references. Thats gotta be a record. You guys do make me laugh!!!!!

I speak Dixie English and I ca get by in Italy. If it were up to me, I would live in Venezia
year round and I would speak italian with a southern accent, like Ciao, Ya'all

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
romaleo said:
it only took like two pages for this topic to be twisted into rectal and scatalogical references. Thats gotta be a record. You guys do make me laugh!!!!!

For once, you can't blame me for that. I'd point the finger of blame at Spiccato for that one. :D

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
romaleo said:

I speak Dixie English and I ca get by in Italy. If it were up to me, I would live in Venezia
year round and I would speak italian with a southern accent, like Ciao, Ya'all

are you kidding..........
took 2 whole pages .

thats like an eternity on the forum
I was thinking by post number 3 of 4 there would be talk of midgets and sheep.....

nevikwen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/09
Hahaha thank you, you made feel so much better.

I did 5 years of Japanese back in high school. yea 5 years but i still can't speak much out of it :lol: . ex girlfriend spoke better english than me thats probably why.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If you speak three languages you are called Tri-lingual.

If you speak two languages you are called Bi-Lingual.

And if you speak one language you are called American.(ha ha...that's a joke)

I only speak one language. I wish I spoke more.

E

statos

Horology Curious
2/5/08
English, Greek, German, Swedish, more or less all equally well.

BlueRod37

8/5/09
French (moter tong), canadian, belgium, ..... FRENCH
English, Spanish and learning Russian (very hard)

Avok

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/08
idiomea said:

You speak Belgium, whats that.

Ik Speak Flemish(Dutch), French, English,German and Spanish

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Avok said:

Ha ha, that's quite funny. You know, I had a friend once who claimed he could speak dozens of languages, because he knew every Italian dialect you could think of. He could pass as a Roman, a Milanese, a Neopolitan... You name it. There was another guy on TV last week, some 12 year old genius from Malaysia. His manager (yes, he had a manager) was quite keen to argue that not only was the little genius an incredible mathematician, but he could pick up any language with ease too. I believe his words were: "He can already speak British English, and is now starting to master American English. Next, he has set his sights on Australian... Isn't he amazing?".

Having said that, people can get quite proud of their dialects, and I would not argue for example with a Sicilian if he tells me that he speaks a language completely different from someone in Venice, or with a Bavarian who questions what in the world a Swiss Bernese is saying. Some dialects are so evolved and different from the original language that they do constitute a language of their own. I think it's very nice that people are proud of them and look at them as stand-alone languages. Unfortunately, more and more of these dialects are dying.

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
English, Cantonese, Taishanese, very little Mandarin, petit peu Francais,.

Because of my native English background I have been railroaded into being the English expert at work.

I proof read and make corrections to all the reports and correspondence in our IT Section. I have to then explain the amendments to the locals.

As a result of my work you don't know how hard it is to bite my tongue and not write in to point out all of the grammatical errors that I see online! I know many of these errors are typos or could be text messages.:)

Please forgive me if some time in the future I can't stand it any longer and go on a rant! I admit I am not perfect either! :D

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Y8T8 said:
As a result of my work you don't know how hard it is to bite my tongue and not write in to point out all of the grammatical errors that I see online! I know many of these errors are typos or could be text messages.:)

Believe me, you would not be alone in this. When I first found out that as mod, I could edit posts, it was all I could do not to go through and "fix" everyone's work. :) On occasion, I will give in to temptation and repair the sporadic glitch in the topic title, because I know I might have to see it over and over. :)

BlueRod37

8/5/09
Avok said:
idiomea said:

lol belgium (and canadian too) is like french but with a different accent, and some different words.
it was a joke

cheers
Guillaume

ussr

Horology Curious
29/4/09
Singrish.

And alviando can attest to that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: