• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the best 36mm Rolex date just ootb

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I’m planning on buying a 36mm jubilee two tone in yellow gold. The only ones that are fully wrapped on the inner parts of the bracelet is the new GMF , which comes with the 3235 movement :/ My TD is offering to put in a Swiss ETA though. Wondering if I should take that movement instead but I won’t be able to change the DWO. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure if the movement is actually a 3235 clone or just some makeshift job or even just a decorated aETA. So I cant help you on that unfortunately.
Datewheels can be changed, you just need to stick the Datewheel as an overlay onto the ETA date disc. Its not a tough job at all for a skilled modder

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
I’ve been thinking of buy the new release from GMF as well, it’s the new 2019 silver dial without the railroad track. I think this version is the best colour, plus it’s a current colour model. The only thing putting me off is the 3235 movement, I asked about it in another thread, someone said it’s based on the SA3135, SA platform, and should be avoided, but I also read that’s it’s a decorated 2824. So I’m not sure. If Li can arrange to have a ETA movement installed I may go for it, but I’d also want it on an oyster bracelet as I find the jubilee bracelet a bit effeminate and to dressy to wear daily.

If anybody knows anything further about the new 3235 movement also if anyone has bought the new GMF DJ36 would be great to hear thoughts and review’s.

Here’s the link to the new GMF 2019 silver dial DJ36.

https://jtime.cc/us/datejust-36-ss-...-lume-markers-on-jubilee-bracelet-sa3235.html

Makoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/2/20
I’ve been thinking of buy the new release from GMF as well, it’s the new 2019 silver dial without the railroad track. I think this version is the best colour, plus it’s a current colour model. The only thing putting me off is the 3235 movement, I asked about it in another thread, someone said it’s based on the SA3135, SA platform, and should be avoided, but I also read that’s it’s a decorated 2824. So I’m not sure. If Li can arrange to have a ETA movement installed I may go for it, but I’d also want it on an oyster bracelet as I find the jubilee bracelet a bit effeminate and to dressy to wear daily.

If anybody knows anything further about the new 3235 movement also if anyone has bought the new GMF DJ36 would be great to hear thoughts and review’s.

Here’s the link to the new GMF 2019 silver dial DJ36.

https://jtime.cc/us/datejust-36-ss-...-lume-markers-on-jubilee-bracelet-sa3235.html

+1

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
The only thing putting me off is the 3235 movement, I asked about it in another thread, someone said it’s based on the SA3135, SA platform, and should be avoided

To confuse things even more, ive read somewhere that the SA3135 are no longer being produced and that (for example Noob) the VR3135 took its place where the SA3135 was previously installed...? In any case, I would pick the ETA any day

uszilard

7/8/18
Berlin, Germany
Hello all i have a question on a [h=3]DateJust 36 SS 126234 GMF Best Edition 904L Steel Silver Dial Diamonds Markers on Jubilee Bracelet SA3235[/h] Can I mount a gen dial / dw / hands ?

Any feedback i would highly appreciate.

ty.

Valdon Sadiki

18/6/20
I've got the DJF and I can say it's a great watch. Never had an ARF Datejust but I had an ARF Submariner, and I can't see any difference in terms of build quality. I also had a BP Datejust for almost a couple of years and the general feel was way worse than the DJF (more rounded edges where they should be sharper, oyster polished links not mirrorlike and slightly bent on the sides, etc). Another thing that made me decide for the DJF is that it uses an Asian 2824-2 so it's super reliable and should last many many years.

This is my old BP Datejust (which I sold last year):

VxrOoh.jpg

And these are from my current DJF, which I don't plan to sell any time soon. Everything is better, fluted bezel, bracelet, clasp, dial, date font, etc:

Vxr5R8.jpg

VxrBm3.jpg

Vx5Zwb.jpg

Vx5Ep2.jpg

Is that a 33mm royal oak?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I believe the DJF 2824-2 116234 has the wrong date and cyclops position (it's ETA position)

ARF 116234/116200 hands down for me

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Maro-JAPAN

Horology Curious
11/8/20
Sorry for the non-TD dealer link already.

Datejust 36mm 116234 DJF Super 1:1 Best V3 Diamond Silver Dial SS A2836
https://www.ts-stations.cn/goods.php?ProId=24996

According to the description here,"
The glass. waterproof ring. casing. hands, back case. spring bar. watch band. crown set. .....are all can exchange with original rolex watch. 100% confirmed"
Is this hyperbole not worthy of belief?
I almost ordered it without a second thought. Someone stop me!
Thank you for reading my poor English.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I believe the DJF 2824-2 116234 has the wrong date and cyclops position (it's ETA position)

ARF 116234/116200 hands down for me

Correct bro. The only issue with ARF is reports of their fluted bezels being rhodium plated and losing that plating sometimes early on.

xxvTp.jpg

I bought a BP TT for my wife 18 months ago that still looks brand new. No complaints it was $238.

15897627408370.jpg

Reactions: pompompurin

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I’ve wanted to know a little more about GMFs too. To me the fluted bezel appears too sharp and at a strange angle. I notice the same thing when I see photos of BP datejusts. And I’ve learnt that perhaps they are partner factories and so share just some of the same parts they use. Not certain if this is true but if it is I can certainly see the few parts that are similar. I’ve wanted to know a bit more about other qualities the GMF has, and I’d order one with a smooth bezel to suit me if it had any gen-seeming qualities about it because I’d love a twotone