• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the best 36mm Rolex date just ootb

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
In my opinion, DJF wins hands down OOTB.
What I like:
- 2824 movement
- fantastically well finished hands
- great cyclops/xtal, really clear, good magnification
- very good datewheel, all numbers are centered, font is good (even though not roulette, but you don't get that on any DJ rep OOTB)
- dial is good

On both ARF and DJF, the bracelets are very solid feeling, no rattling etc.
On DJF the cyclops and datewindow appear a bit off to the right. You can sometimes see the minute track on the outer ring of the dial in the cyclops. For me, not a big issue. But frankening with Gen xtal probably won't work, as cyclops might not be directly over the datewindow.

But yeah, if you wanna have a great, solid, well made DJ out the box, get the DJF.

Now some pics.

V9xatU.jpg

V9x3QD.jpg

V9x528.jpg

V92ZSb.jpg

V92Du3.jpg

V92EQ2.jpg

V92b9Z.jpg

V92Wtd.jpg

V9216R.jpg

V92JSg.jpg

V92UQa.jpg

V92R3y.jpg

V92s6q.jpg

V92M9G.jpg

Just shows how far reps have come in just a few years , i def want to mod my next watch with gen parts so it’s arf for me but both are stunning pieces and shows how far they’ve come . I have a noob sub v7 and just looking at recent releases is testament to these improvements.

I was so so close to buying a gen dj, but I honestly enjoy the thrill and depth of exploration reps can give a watch enthusiast. And with the new arf, a couple of gen replacement parts and your so close to gen for a daily watch anyway. I will prob get a more vintage tt dj 16030 this year though as there is just no way to replicate the tone and finish of rolex’s Solid gold.

timeistight

Getting To Know The Place
7/10/19
Hey guys!

DJF looking really crisp out of the box. Tried searching the forum but couldn't find the answer.
I understood it's not possible to change to a gen DW in the DJF Datejust, but is it possible to install a gen dial in it?

I'm a bit picky since I owned a gen 116234 black dial for a couple of years (side note, gen Rolex can also have quality issues, my bracelet clasp wouldn't lock properly and could open op any time when doing sudden movements, got it fixed by AD under guarantee though :D)

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hey guys!

DJF looking really crisp out of the box. Tried searching the forum but couldn't find the answer.
I understood it's not possible to change to a gen DW in the DJF Datejust, but is it possible to install a gen dial in it?

I'm a bit picky since I owned a gen 116234 black dial for a couple of years (side note, gen Rolex can also have quality issues, my bracelet clasp wouldn't lock properly and could open op any time when doing sudden movements, got it fixed by AD under guarantee though :D)

As far as I know, DJF would accept the gen dial but you would have to change the crystal too as the date window on DJF is slightly closer to the right side than the genuine. Then you should change the datewheel adding an overlay for 3135 as any overlay for 28xx would be in the wrong position. Still a very good option if you want a franken Datejust but don’t want a 3135 clone in it.

Reactions: timeistight

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
hadamokel I can’t stop staring at those photos. I think I’ve never seen such good pics except on professional magazines.

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
hadamokel I can’t stop staring at those photos. I think I’ve never seen such good pics except on professional magazines.

Thanks dude :D they were just some quick shots with my huawei p20 pro, the macros are with a 7$ macro-lense clip on I bought off Amazon.
I'm far away from a professional photographer, very far :D

Conqueso

Known Member
22/10/17
Does anyone know if djf do this datejust with a smooth bezel
great photos by the way

Geogarc56

13/2/18
I've got the DJF and I can say it's a great watch. Never had an ARF Datejust but I had an ARF Submariner, and I can't see any difference in terms of build quality. I also had a BP Datejust for almost a couple of years and the general feel was way worse than the DJF (more rounded edges where they should be sharper, oyster polished links not mirrorlike and slightly bent on the sides, etc). Another thing that made me decide for the DJF is that it uses an Asian 2824-2 so it's super reliable and should last many many years.

This is my old BP Datejust (which I sold last year):

VxrOoh.jpg

And these are from my current DJF, which I don't plan to sell any time soon. Everything is better, fluted bezel, bracelet, clasp, dial, date font, etc:

Vxr5R8.jpg

VxrBm3.jpg

Vx5Zwb.jpg

Vx5Ep2.jpg
Which royal oak is that? From which factory?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Geogarc56

13/2/18
It's a 15000 from JF. It's quartz (as the original) and the finish quality is really high, I must say.
Wow I've read that its discontinued. I just posted a wtb ad for that watch it looks great!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
It seemed like all I was reading about late last year was 'BP' factory for DJ's. I've picked up a couple w/ 2824's and they seem fairly decent.
What are the advantages of DJF / GMF etc., over BP? (Bezel on BP does seem a bit wide.)

BlazinRolex

16/2/19
Is DJF still the best 36mm DJ? I’m going jack and forth on whether or not to go 41 or 36. I have a zzf v2 sub and wanted something a bit more dressy. I have a 7” wrist and feel like the 41 looks a bit too...”loud” on my wrist. There’s something about that 36mm dj that seems perfect to me

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
Is DJF still the best 36mm DJ? I’m going jack and forth on whether or not to go 41 or 36. I have a zzf v2 sub and wanted something a bit more dressy. I have a 7” wrist and feel like the 41 looks a bit too...”loud” on my wrist. There’s something about that 36mm dj that seems perfect to me

There's a couple of GMF 36mm released and they don't look bad at all. Putting it on the oyster makes it appear a little larger than 36mm.

41mm DJ are actually not 41mm, but more like 39,5mm. If you chose that with a Jubilee, it looks very dressy too.

Makoto

29/2/20
There's a couple of GMF 36mm released and they don't look bad at all. Putting it on the oyster makes it appear a little larger than 36mm.

41mm DJ are actually not 41mm, but more like 39,5mm. If you chose that with a Jubilee, it looks very dressy too.

I see that they are using a 3235 movement. Are these movements as good as others like 3135?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I see that they are using a 3235 movement. Are these movements as good as others like 3135?

ARF uses the a2824 movement which is stable. I have not seen a 3235 clone yet.... Wouldn't try that to be honest. Go with the ARF for the 41mm, go with ARF for 36mm if you want to mod and Franken, or go with DJF or GMF for 36mm If you just want it out of the box

Makoto

29/2/20
ARF uses the a2824 movement which is stable. I have not seen a 3235 clone yet.... Wouldn't try that to be honest. Go with the ARF for the 41mm, go with ARF for 36mm if you want to mod and Franken, or go with DJF or GMF for 36mm If you just want it out of the box

I’m planning on buying a 36mm jubilee two tone in yellow gold. The only ones that are fully wrapped on the inner parts of the bracelet is the new GMF , which comes with the 3235 movement :/ My TD is offering to put in a Swiss ETA though. Wondering if I should take that movement instead but I won’t be able to change the DWO. Thoughts?