• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*****What Gen are you Wearing Today?

Kappa1911

As a realist, you must give me the watch.
Patron
Certified
31/5/22
CONUS
Rocking the BOLDR supply co while I slang some ice cream before my manager gets in.

Reactions: bama1965

OI812

17/3/06
If I remember the numbers correctly, and if you sold it for $5k like 10 or 15 years ago or so, you lost out on approximately $20-25k gain in value in a decade. 😱

That's what they were worth in 2022. Not sure if prices for pre-moons went down this year like with new steel Rolexes, but since pre-moons are vintage and rare, probably not.

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't catch the Cal. 861. Those aren't as crazy expensive as the older references with the 321. 😜
Sold it for, the best I remember, less than $5k, maybe less than $4k, around 2005. And that's not the only one.... there were several other nice ones.

I remember standing in my kitchen all puffed up and bragging to my wife, "see, i TOLD you I KNEW what I was doing.... MORE than doubled my money!"

Needless to say about midsummer of '21 I felt like a complete and total moron.... 😉

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Sold it for, the best I remember, less than $5k, maybe less than $4k, around 2005. And that's not the only one.... there were several other nice ones.

I remember standing in my kitchen all puffed up and bragging to my wife, "see, i TOLD you I KNEW what I was doing.... MORE than doubled my money!"

Needless to say about midsummer of '21 I felt like a complete and total moron.... 😉

Back then, it was impossible to predict that social media and 0.0 interest rates in the coming decade would create a buzz around vintage luxury stuff, including watches, leading to skyrocketing prices.

Reactions: OI812

OI812

17/3/06
Back then, it was impossible to predict that social media and 0.0 interest rates in the coming decade would create a buzz around vintage luxury stuff, including watches, leading to skyrocketing prices.
1000%.....

And I still feel like an idiot....😉

• Haha

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
20230805-144234-01.jpg

OI812

17/3/06
Technically not a gen eBoy (if it were it'd be in a bank vault). I'm hoping you'll let this one slide as there's no "what franken are you wearing today thread?" 😉 (plus I love the watch)

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Technically not a gen eBoy (if it were it'd be in a bank vault). I'm hoping you'll let this one slide as there's no "what franken are you wearing today thread?" 😉 (plus I love the watch)

Nice enough! 😆

By the way, if you ever get bored of it, talk to me first. Always wanted a vintage Tudor chrono! 😁

Reactions: OI812