• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Dressy Watch Would You Pick?

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
Cloudhopper said:
What i said. Wear what you want, when you want. Unless you have something important and you don't know who you run into, as he might be a WIS.

sorry, i wasnt disagreeing with you in anyway, i was just stating my experience. I agree with you 100% when it comes to important events that involve gen wearers, i personally wouldn't be comfortable with wearing any rolex, omega, or tag rep. i rather go watchless.

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
phillycheez said:
Cloudhopper said:
What i said. Wear what you want, when you want. Unless you have something important and you don't know who you run into, as he might be a WIS.

sorry, i wasnt disagreeing with you in anyway, i was just stating my experience. I agree with you 100% when it comes to important events that involve gen wearers, i personally wouldn't be comfortable with wearing any rolex, omega, or tag rep. i rather go watchless.

What are afraid of? The Gen police? 99% of all gen owners cannot spot a rep from one foot away. 50% of the members here cannot tell a gen from a rep on most models. You buy these watches to wear them! Why leave them at home when you go someplace important?

Cloudhopper

7/6/09
in interview situations or smaller meetings on a higher level, I don't wear a watch.
If i'm the interviewer, i'll wear what i want. And of course i'll look at the wrist of the applicant.
And we have a lass in HR who is a WIS. She can spot a fake PP from about 2 miles away. Blindfolded. In the dark. While she is in a room without windows. Think she smells them. She sucks at Rolex though :D

/edit:
By the way SHE is the one that got me onto reps in the first place. :D

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Cloudhopper said:
Aye, i usually go watchless as well. :D

That's a bannable offense on any watch forum. You're on hot water buddy! Unless Philly there sends me a sandwich just like the one on his avatar, always makes me so damn hungry.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
What are afraid of? The Gen police? 99% of all gen owners cannot spot a rep from one foot away. 50% of the members here cannot tell a gen from a rep on most models. You buy these watches to wear them! Why leave them at home when you go someplace important?

Jeez remember the old days? It's a brave new noob out there.

My sig says what it does for a reason. The problem I have is that people want a rep of a 50k watch when there is obviously no way they could pull it off. Or a model that there were only 25 made of. :roll:

That insanity aside get what you want. And don't obsess over what people think. The biggest poison that pervades the hobby is the 10,000 X macro shot. Nobody. Not even the people here are going to be able to spot shit. At best they might have an unconfirmed suspicion (if they care at all) assuming they get a good look at it. And in many cases I'd bet you the person who would take the time to question you about it is a rep owner which is why they are asking to begin with. They think just about every watch they see is fake.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
mss22 said:
seanf said:
mss22 said:
I like the VC overseas alot but can't find it in 40MM

This is a much tougher task than I thought. any other ideas would be appreciated while I continue my search

There are two versions of the Overseas available. One (which is a rep of an older model-- like around 2001 or 2002) is about 38mm. Watcheden has one:
http://www.watcheden.com/vacheron-const ... 3-p-1.html
(there is also a white dial available)

The newer version of the VC Overseas is 42mm, but it wears pretty small. You shouldn't have a problem wearing that watch at all. It's one of the best reps on the market, imo.

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1287

Thanks for the info....42mm wont be a problem in your opinion even with my small 6-6.25" wrist?

Due to the shape and size of the casing of the new Overseas (and particularly the thinness of the case), I would say it wears closer to a 40mm than a 42mm. What I mean by that is that if you were just looking at it on your wrist, you wouldn't think it looks out of place. There are other 42mm watches where that isn't the case-- The Omega Planet Ocean (which is actually 42.5mm if I recall) is a good example. That watch looks huge due to the design of the case. But no, you won't have any problems wearing the 42mm VC Overseas.

CaptainJack

Known Member
13/6/09
I guess I like the VC of the two, but I personally love my Flying B for "dress" occasions.

georgeaffimi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/11/07
Im wearing My overseas right now and it looks superb with a white shirt! :D

CaptainJack

Known Member
13/6/09
fakemaster said:
Not even the people here are going to be able to spot s**t. At best they might have an unconfirmed suspicion (if they care at all) assuming they get a good look at it. And in many cases I'd bet you the person who would take the time to question you about it is a rep owner which is why they are asking to begin with. They think just about every watch they see is fake.

I get such a kick out of people here when I read things like "The (insert whatever watch you like here) rep is terrible, the rehaut is obviously 16/77ths of an inch too shallow, and the hour markings at 3 and 7 are off by .0000006473321445 microns."

Really? Are they? You go little buddy... you go.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
fakemaster said:
The Omega Planet Ocean (which is actually 42.5mm if I recall) is a good example.

Uh sean? You do own a PO right?

I do. I have the smaller of the two versions. Because the 45mm would look like a clown watch on my wrist.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
fakemaster said:
Ok. Just making sure. Something would be terribly odd if you didn't

You know, this may come as a surprise, but the PO is the only Omega I own. I don't have a Seamaster Pro. Just don't care for them all that much. I don't hate them, and I may eventually pick one up with the new black face, but they're not high up on my list of watches.

mss22

7/7/09
I finally found the one I want but I can't find an even close replica to the cartier pasha for less than $200.

This is the real one:
211411067.jpg

All the less than $300 replica ones I've seen have the 3 and 6 way off on location.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
seanf said:
fakemaster said:
Ok. Just making sure. Something would be terribly odd if you didn't

You know, this may come as a surprise, but the PO is the only Omega I own. I don't have a Seamaster Pro. Just don't care for them all that much. I don't hate them, and I may eventually pick one up with the new black face, but they're not high up on my list of watches.

Maybe this will put the SMP higher on the list.

DSCN2496.jpg

I put her on rubber today. She is sealed and ready to play in the pool.

mss22

7/7/09
I was searching the forum to see if anyone had it but doesnt look like it, looks like it could be a very good replica of the original. Is this dressy enough?

Replica
IMG_5065.JPG

Original
11645907cat_lg.jpg

Bavish

5/9/09
Nice choice. I like wearing suit and all, and I would say, that VC watch is most probably the right one.
However, if I could advise you to choose another watch, I would say either Corum(Admiral Cup) or Tag Heuer(Monaco)