• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What are you listening to RIGHT NOW!

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Patron
6/8/23
Italy
I am sorry, don't get me wrong, but for me Bruce is only valuable from Greetings to Nebraska. After that, he started a different kind of songs. He is still a decent person, I respect him, but as a musician, except for Western Stars, I don't care so much about his music. Hope this statement will not ruin our relationship

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I am sorry, don't get me wrong, but for me Bruce is only valuable from Greetings to Nebraska. After that, he started a different kind of songs. He is still a decent person, I respect him, but as a musician, except for Western Stars, I don't care so much about his music. Hope this statement will not ruin our relationship
I actually share similar feelings. I have seen him four times live and it just doesn't do it for me. I actually only started listening to Bruce Springsteen because of the collaboration with Patti Smith on "Because the night". Some of his stuff sings to me and he has a Joycean ability to place you in the places he is writing about. However a lot of the stuff to me is just pop music. Not that I have anything against pop music. If it is good I will listen to it and enjoy it.

Reactions: DarioM6611

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Speaking of a band that can transport you to the places they are describing. This is a "band"/couple I have seen a lot.

This is one of my all time favourites.