• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Sir, I can assure you from personal experience that those Bee franken builds are so expensive that it's probably better to just buy a second hand gen :)

But to each their own :) I have so much invested in these builds, I sometimes wonder if it's not better to have 2 gens instead :)

Only 2! gens?! haha.

opne

5/6/17
hey guys, I’m looking to work with OP over here on a franken ROC (mine being the RG white dial version). I’ve got an FP 1185 but if anyone knows where to source an AP 2385 let me know.

7442660224f3568b3528f9cfe4885033.jpg

918cb33d1b4d1c215be9fb2f2f48eb51.jpg

more pics available later once I have my macro lens back. also, I need essentially every part of this watch, so, you know... if anyone comes across anything be sure to pass me a message!

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
Where are you gonna find the rest of the parts? They never made a rep, nor one similar
Haha for those parts you really have to mod.
I think the case can use dlc which I assume from the texture I saw in the photos. The hands are can be plated with gold and added red paint. The only hard thing to get are the Marcus limited back plate which shd be hard to custom but still could be done by some heavy modder.

Sent from the RWI App

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Buttons and crowns I think I have seen red ones on sale in chrono24 or eBay
But still the crown needa be dlc to get the black color.

Sent from the RWI App

With all that effort and money who would really settle for a DLC steel case for a ceramic based watch?

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
With all that effort and money who would really settle for a DLC steel case for a ceramic based watch?
You can always go for the gold edition if you can't stand the dlc steel case which the gen would cost u about 42k usd. With all that effort and money I would go for the gold one if I were you.
edd38ee04996fdf250be10a48cb3c111.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Guys, the Black & Red Marcus is a DLCed SS case.

As a proud owner of a LE B&R Marcus dial, here's my plan: use a FC case with ceramic bezel; add gen res crowns (SS bit not DLCed) and think about the red tachy at a later stage :) some of you already know about the Tosoboso LE editions, so this will be my next LE project :)

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
Guys, the Black & Red Marcus is a DLCed SS case.

As a proud owner of a LE B&R Marcus dial, here's my plan: use a FC case with ceramic bezel; add gen res crowns (SS bit not DLCed) and think about the red tachy at a later stage :) some of you already know about the Tosoboso LE editions, so this will be my next LE project :)
Thanks for the clarification @tosoboso Would love to know more about the custom tachy as I wanna have a custom tachy for my gentleman diver.

Sent from the RWI App

opne

5/6/17
holy shit, awesome. I see, didn't recognize it without the tachy. no date too, super clean!