• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the new Tudor Section!

rolo1

10/1/07
Great to have a tudor section - can't wait to test the bb!
:cheers:

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Is it that "poor man's Rolex", second tier brand, named after that sleazy English monarch, with these uber ugly square hour hand? I'd better buy G-Shock.
Sorry, fans...

:picard:

Don't you know Tudor has been outdoing Rolex in the design area for YEARS?

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
Would love to see this rep too!

Tudor-Fastrider-Black-Shield-Tan.png

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610

Ramirr

Horology Curious
26/1/13
is this being repped now?? I want i want the no date!!! pls tell me how to order?? dealer??

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
:picard:

Don't you know Tudor has been outdoing Rolex in the design area for YEARS?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You're sooo funny, mate... But this statement isn't even funny.
Yeah, I forgot... they "designed" that uber ugly hand... I'd chop off the hands of that "designer".

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Yeah, I forgot... they "designed" that uber ugly hand... I'd chop off the hands of that "designer".
I hate guitars. :goat:

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09

Thanks for reminding me G :) I shall now go systematically through all the brand sections, so I don't forget to post in all the section's that I don't like, that I infact don't like them........silly old git. ;)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Is it that "poor man's Rolex", second tier brand, named after that sleazy English monarch, with these uber ugly square hour hand? I'd better buy G-Shock.
Sorry, fans...

That's funny, I could have sworn you were throwing around the idea of a bringing a black bay homage to your line. I bet down deep you really want a Tudor, you big softy. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

eff1

Looking Around
19/10/12
Rep Tudor vs. OEM in Tudor fashion.

I came across a small OEM comply that let seiko manufacur their designs. Very much in the Tudor design fashion that we all like with one big difference.. you can take them diving deep.
Can they take a gen dial and crown?
I don't know but would appreciate your guys feedback as their watches are extremely affordable and waterproof.
Have a look at their simple website.
http://www.borealiswatch.com/store/diver-watches/
Happy mooding [emoji119]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

eff1

Looking Around
19/10/12
Sorry.. not seiko movements but seagull

D

d4m.test

Rep Tudor vs. OEM in Tudor fashion.

I came across a small OEM comply that let seiko manufacur their designs. Very much in the Tudor design fashion that we all like with one big difference.. you can take them diving deep.
Can they take a gen dial and crown?
I don't know but would appreciate your guys feedback as their watches are extremely affordable and waterproof.
Have a look at their simple website.
http://www.borealiswatch.com/store/diver-watches/
Happy mooding [emoji119]

Hi, nice link for members who don´t know them yet (it´s the same or the partner of Prometheus). They make quite good and solid watches, comparable to Steinhart as is the caseset with crownguards. It will take any 6mm crown. There is no branding at all on the crown or on the clasp and the lume on the hands is different than on the lumedots (like on the V2 BB rep). Other than that it´s a serious 300m diver watch and a good/better alternative to a rep when You like it or want to go diving with it.

Personally the BB rep is visually so well made that I do prefer it - and it can be waterproofed for light swimming for free if You do it Yourself. Why do they have crownguards on it when otherwise it´s a copy of the Tudor? (Ok, it just was the available wp caseset so they went for it).

The Francis Drake I would use it just like it is, if You start opening the caseback etc. You will void any waterproofness (and 300m is a bit) it comes with.

It´s a gen and the assembly is cleaner than on some reps. They are a fully taxed European company, complying with all other licenses and requirements, import restrictions and taxes etc., congratulations on the price of $349 (less 23% if for export). They are able to offer it with a clean and nice movement (Seagull ST2130 which is an ETA 2824-2 clone), waterproofed from factory to 300m and a full 12 months warranty.
Shows how tight the competition is getting - or how expensive reps have become.

If there wasn´t the rep, it would be the way to go.

eff1

Looking Around
19/10/12
Hi, nice link for members who don´t know them yet (it´s the same or the partner of Prometheus). They make quite good and solid watches, comparable to Steinhart as is the caseset with crownguards. It will take any 6mm crown. There is no branding at all on the crown or on the clasp and the lume on the hands is different than on the lumedots (like on the V2 BB rep). Other than that it´s a serious 300m diver watch and a good/better alternative to a rep when You like it or want to go diving with it.

Personally the BB rep is visually so well made that I do prefer it - and it can be waterproofed for light swimming for free if You do it Yourself. Why do they have crownguards on it when otherwise it´s a copy of the Tudor? (Ok, it just was the available wp caseset so they went for it).

The Francis Drake I would use it just like it is, if You start opening the caseback etc. You will void any waterproofness (and 300m is a bit) it comes with.

It´s a gen and the assembly is cleaner than on some reps. They are a fully taxed European company, complying with all other licenses and requirements, import restrictions and taxes etc., congratulations on the price of $349 (less 23% if for export). They are able to offer it with a clean and nice movement (Seagull ST2130 which is an ETA 2824-2 clone), waterproofed from factory to 300m and a full 12 months warranty.
Shows how tight the competition is getting - or how expensive reps have become.

If there wasn´t the rep, it would be the way to go.
Thanks for your super professional re reply. As much as I like tudor. It's hard to beat a real watch . And let's face it.. most of the times its about what you like and not about the brand you try to carry.
So I'm happy with a borealis on the shield.
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

D

d4m.test

Thanks for your super professional re reply. As much as I like tudor. It's hard to beat a real watch . And let's face it.. most of the times its about what you like and not about the brand you try to carry.
So I'm happy with a borealis on the shield.
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Thanks:) Go for it. Oohps, that specific model is sold out. Just remembered they also have one that is very similar to the Pelagos and it has a lumed bezel, check it out. Whatever You get, share a lot of pics and some comments how it is on here, they are a microbrand and seldom seen around but many of us are interested.

7Pines

Horology Curious
23/10/15
Really want a Tudor vintage sub... I see one on the Trevor site that looks pretty good. Any place else I might find one from a TD?