• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig, majornation - AKA FS: Tudor Pelagos

adz25

Known Member
28/8/13
Any updates as I would hope after adz25 stepped up and refunded the buyer he isn't dragging feet on sending this back to him.

So far he has dodged every single email since I've refunded him.

I do not understand why now witch hunters are silent? The seller clearly states that it is sold without a warranty, but returned full payment a few days ago and now nobody here does not hunt buyer to send watches back... it is little bit perverse, dont you think?

Its easier to cast blame than to be held accountable.

Fully agree with you @maximalek

after reading this this thread feel sorry for the seller seems like a obvious fault through delivery and a lot of people were calling him down. The seller refunded straight away but not nobody is doing anything now the buyer hasn't been sent the watch back.

to me it should of been the buyer gets the money back once the watch is returned

That was my offer to the buyer and he refused. Funny enough, if I let him file a paypal claim like he threatened, that's the exact way this would have shaken out. He would have gotten his refund after I got my watch back.

Well, it's really tough to recommend a seller when he puts something up for sale and doesn't come back to check in on his sale.

I am not surprised with the skepticism these days of late. There have been more and more sellers going silent after the transaction.

I'm glad you stepped back in and explained. I wouldn't have refunded until I got the watch back. I can tell you are an upstanding guy and I'm glad we can put this behind us.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I didn't see the need to return to the original thread. Buyer had my email address and contacted me there. I didn't know this would turn into a spectator show here. I believe transactions should be handled privately.

When the buyer posted here that I offered him a refund pending return of the watch, there wasn't a single comment that sided with that offer. Instead, people were skeptical and calling me sketchy... lol. I'll be able to put this behind me when I actually receive the watch back. :)

adz25, still no tracking information?

Sorry this happened to you.

Nope. And the buyer is currently browsing RWI too.

I hate these situations. Hopefully we hear from the buyer soon. May have been on holidays?

I understand people are busy during the holidays. Trust me, I know I was. It's just funny that he went silent as soon as he got his refund. Had NO problem suggesting I was guilty in this thread though. The last email I got from him was about half an hour before he got his money back. 5 days later, still silence

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

That was my offer to the buyer and he refused. Funny enough, if I let him file a paypal claim like he threatened, that's the exact way this would have shaken out. He would have gotten his refund after I got my watch back.

I didn't see the need to return to the original thread. Buyer had my email address and contacted me there. I didn't know this would turn into a spectator show here. I believe transactions should be handled privately.

When the buyer posted here that I offered him a refund pending return of the watch, there wasn't a single comment that sided with that offer. Instead, people were skeptical and calling me sketchy... lol. I'll be able to put this behind me when I actually receive the watch back. :)

I understand people are busy during the holidays. Trust me, I know I was. It's just funny that he went silent as soon as he got his refund. Had NO problem suggesting I was guilty in this thread though. The last email I got from him was about half an hour before he got his money back. 5 days later, still silence
Hopefully he'll respond to the mods here unless he no longer wishes to be part of the community

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07

I totally agree these transactions need to done offline without having to involve staff. I don't argue that, but what I'm saying it's, buyers are not the same as they used to be. They are impatient and any comment on your sale should be monitored by you immediately after the sale. It takes work.

Anyway, I'm not really happy with your buyer either, he needs to comment here, very soon, holidays or not. You came forward with the refund, I need to see proof of shipping asap.

MPREZYA

12/5/12
Adz25 it may be time to get the mods involved as you did the right thing. For this person to turn around after bringing this about and to disappear without returning the watch after a full refund something needs to be done.

I feel the whole Colin Thomas thing from the past few days really blew this one even further out of proportion.

adz25

Known Member
28/8/13
I totally agree these transactions need to done offline without having to involve staff. I don't argue that, but what I'm saying it's, buyers are not the same as they used to be. They are impatient and any comment on your sale should be monitored by you immediately after the sale. It takes work.

Anyway, I'm not really happy with your buyer either, he needs to comment here, very soon, holidays or not. You came forward with the refund, I need to see proof of shipping asap.

Adz25 it may be time to get the mods involved as you did the right thing. For this person to turn around after bringing this about and to disappear without returning the watch after a full refund something needs to be done.

I feel the whole Colin Thomas thing from the past few days really blew this one even further out of proportion.

I will give it a few more days. I understand that with the New Year and holiday season, he may not have shipped it out yet. It doesn't excuse him from dodging my emails though. He was active on the forum today and never had a hard time threatening me via email before. A simple "I've been busy and will ship it on this date" would suffice.

adz25

Known Member
28/8/13
Buyer active on the forum again today. Still not replying to any emails...

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Will be sending them pm's tonight if he does not respond today

This is why eBay PayPal etc refund after they receive a product back.. I didn't know it was standard here to refund then hope to receive the watch? I'm sorry man that this happened. If I ever have a refund issue this proves that my standard for a refund is receive and inspect then refund. Not in this case but if this had say a Swiss ETA someone buys it removes the movement or dial or hands or anything they may need then replaced it with broken parts to ship back how can the seller be protected from this? Now that the buyer went silent how do we know this scenario didn't occur?

rlj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/10
hope this gets sorted out quickly for the seller's sake.

Ibelieve the buyer should have sent the item back before getting the refund as the buyer is more likely to be protected by

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
Yes it is the Holiday season, however speaking for myself, when dealing with a transaction I believe it is just common sense to take care of business in a timely manner. I think the seller is being very patient here and I hope he gets tracking information soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Yes it is the Holiday season, however speaking for myself, when dealing with a transaction I believe it is just common sense to take care of business in a timely manner. I think the seller is being very patient here and I hope he gets tracking information soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Common sense is not a flower that grows in everybody's garden

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
It is not common practice to refund in full before you get your watch back. Nor is it expected of the seller to reimburse for shipping back. I can't tell if Alex is just trying to dish out, no communications medicine or if he is just AWOL.

adz25

Known Member
28/8/13
Update. Alex finally replied. He has not shipped out the watch and refuses to do so until he receives 7$ in PayPal fees. I will be opening a PayPal dispute at this point. This guy has been an absolute nightmare to deal with.

1UN6Qeo

adz25

Known Member
28/8/13
Update, now that I have involved paypal, he is responding to emails.

He has created a shipping label via USPS and updated the paypal conversation. Mind you, I have not even escalated the claim to a dispute even though his behavior warrants it.

He told me "he's just kidding, its in the mail" after dodging me for 7 days. It's obviously not in the mail yet, but we'll see. At least he created a shipping label. It's progress.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I wish you hadn't done the paypal thing Dave. I was in conversation with him. Honestly, this was a war of wills. You and Alex [MENTION=101743]majornation[/MENTION] work this shit out.