• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - ghedoicy

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
I used to sell phones a few years back. This dude's the type of clown to bring a 10 year old phone to my store and complain about how his warranty doesn't cover his shattered screen. Chill out Matt, they don't even make Galaxy S3's anymore.
Yup. You just triggered my PTSD working at Verizon for a few years. Thanks alot haha

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17
Yup. You just triggered my PTSD working at Verizon for a few years. Thanks alot haha
My favorite part is the absolutely inane analogies.

“You think they ever tell you at a hospital that you’re heart’s too old, they can’t treat it?”

First of all, *Howard*, YEAH, they do tell you that.

Second, I’m all for freedom of religious beliefs, but ain’t no religion out there offering a two-year mfr warranty on your organs.

• Haha
Reactions: SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
My favorite part is the absolutely inane analogies.

“You think they ever tell you at a hospital that you’re heart’s too old, they can’t treat it?”

First of all, *Howard*, YEAH, they do tell you that.

Second, I’m all for freedom of religious beliefs, but ain’t no religion out there offering a two-year mfr warranty on your organs.

My personal favorite moment was actually my first day. I was shadowing one of the greeters at the door and we see this car come wheeling up. Guy gets out without even turning off his car. As he's approaching, my trainer opens the door to greet him. Before he even gets a word out, guy chucks his phone at the trainers chest, storms back to his car, honks the horn/flipping us off and then peels out.

It was an omen I should have heeded.

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
While y'all have shits'n'giggls in here I gotta state that I think doxxing people for being unpleasant is totally not acceptable ihmo...

If he had scammed somebody or any other serious offenses then ofc, that's the way stuff is dealt with in here. But just for being rude and an asshat? common ...

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
While y'all have shits'n'giggls in here I gotta state that I think doxxing people for being unpleasant is totally not acceptable ihmo...

If he had scammed somebody or any other serious offenses then ofc, that's the way stuff is dealt with in here. But just for being rude and an asshat? common ...
I think, "Fxxk UKR" was what got him doxxed, not being an asshat

Last edited:

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
The UKR "statement" definitely tipped the scale, but even then I personally do not condone that kind of aggressive rudeness, and with the owner at that. It's his "house" and he's the right to decide who gets in and who stays out. This is not a public place, we're all guests here, the least we can do is behave in a civilized way.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

You insult Ukraine around here and I'll let the Anons do as they please.
Think once, think twice, think, don't belittle Ukraine.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
3ZjAmt.gif

Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦💯💪

Last edited:

carmonaville

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/09
Clearly that guy is up to no good with his $35 and available time.

roguevc

Horology Curious
11/8/19
Everyone involved here on the mod end puts in a ton of time. Trailboss is always prompt and polite when you ask a question or need some help. It’s frustrating some people think / expect everything in the world to be free. I’d certainly doubt “Matt” works for free yet he seems to believe that all the costs associated with a community like this should be shouldered by the same people putting in all the work. If someone legitimately can’t afford it then that’s one thing, and there are for sure plenty of people on here who never donate yet are still part of the community and I’ve never seen a mod look down on them or speak to them differently than anyone else.

The lesson here is, respect. Respect the hard work these mods do for the community and support if you can. If you can’t, then pay it forward with kindness and treat them with the respect they deserve for the hard work they do. They deserve our thanks and support, but most of all our respect because without them there is no community here for all of us to enjoy.

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
Everyone involved here on the mod end puts in a ton of time. Trailboss is always prompt and polite when you ask a question or need some help. It’s frustrating some people think / expect everything in the world to be free. I’d certainly doubt “Matt” works for free yet he seems to believe that all the costs associated with a community like this should be shouldered by the same people putting in all the work. If someone legitimately can’t afford it then that’s one thing, and there are for sure plenty of people on here who never donate yet are still part of the community and I’ve never seen a mod look down on them or speak to them differently than anyone else.

The lesson here is, respect. Respect the hard work these mods do for the community and support if you can. If you can’t, then pay it forward with kindness and treat them with the respect they deserve for the hard work they do. They deserve our thanks and support, but most of all our respect because without them there is no community here for all of us to enjoy.
The lesson is to not insult Ukraine after a childish rant, especially what's going on these days

Bitch about the supporter price? Fine, what does the admin's country have to do with it?

Bloke was flexing tinfoil and the bluff was called.

Last edited:
Reactions: roguevc

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Thank you, you get it. Nothing comes for free and trust me, this place sure doesn't, it costs a motza to run given it's size and need to fly under the radar. No we never pick on anyone who doesn't subscribe tho really, if you can't afford a $35 annual subscription you probably have no business buying $600 trinkets either. Many people also contribute in other ways, by posting worthwhile posts or helping others in a friendly and constructive manner.
I do however get annoyed t at those with a "Why should I pay" attitude, the self-entitlement is strong in some and it would appear to be moly younger ones with this attitude. It's a bit of a worry that so many think that everything in life should be free. My favourites are those that get pissed that they can't buy one months subscription because they "only want to sell one watch". The number who only subscribe in order to sell is a bit depressing TBH. Maybe we should just charge everyone $2 a month for access to the sales areas, that'll fuck 'em! :D

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Thank you, you get it. Nothing comes for free and trust me, this place sure doesn't, it costs a motza to run given it's size and need to fly under the radar. No we never pick on anyone who doesn't subscribe tho really, if you can't afford a $35 annual subscription you probably have no business buying $600 trinkets either. Many people also contribute in other ways, by posting worthwhile posts or helping others in a friendly and constructive manner.
I do however get annoyed t at those with a "Why should I pay" attitude, the self-entitlement is strong in some and it would appear to be moly younger ones with this attitude. It's a bit of a worry that so many think that everything in life should be free. My favourites are those that get pissed that they can't buy one months subscription because they "only want to sell one watch". The number who only subscribe in order to sell is a bit depressing TBH. Maybe we should just charge everyone $2 a month for access to the sales areas, that'll fuck 'em! :D
Or a straight out flat fee. Once, but at $30 for example.

HacknHand

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/22
...the self-entitlement is strong in some and it would appear to be moly younger ones with this attitude. It's a bit of a worry that so many think that everything in life should be free...

Don't worry, that'll change soon enough... there's a generation (or 2) that were raised in the "internet is free" era and that will be their world view, possibly for ever. However, if one were born a little later, into the gig and subscription economy, then they will have an expectation of for-fee services. Wait for the wave.

I'm too old to be in either category though and objectively weigh things on their merits. If there were a US$1/mo "contributor" tier here I probably would have signed up by now but US$35pa converted to my lackluster currency needs deeper consideration and more time.

Please don't consider this a complaint about any fees or services provided here, that's not my intention, I like the vibe here.

Reactions: trailboss99