• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig: Chall662 + Chall662's 'wife'

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
How about a few screen shots of the redirects you're referring to? I find this difficult to believe considering some of the things I've seen allowed posted over the years. if you are in an incognito browser not logged in, or different device, do the redirects still happen?
Happens on desktop and mobile. Incognito works perfectly fine. If I login in icognito, it starts again. It's 100% tied to my account and done by the admins. Tracert shows my connection to the cloudflare node to be perfectly fine.

HHEJyX.png

HHEV4i.png

I have no idea why either. I did not mean anything negative in my comment I made earlier, I simply wanted some reading material. I have hundreds of posts here, supporter badge, etc. Never even broke the rules before, but because my comment can be miscontrued as negative, I get punished.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
@bhehe6813
Your posts (not just here) are attacking and condescending. Clean your act up, stop trying to provoke problems, or you won't be welcome back.
Then why not PM me that and tell me, instead of these games with redirections and throttling. If you don't want me here, just get rid of me. If you are fine with me being here, then let me be here with a warning to clean my act up. I don't get it.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Then why not PM me that and tell me, instead of these games with redirections and throttling. If you don't want me here, just get rid of me. If you are fine with me being here, then let me be here with a warning to clean my act up. I don't get it.
One more accusation that I'm playing games like this and you will be gone.

I have no problem trying to figure out what is wrong for a member. I'm always happy to help, but when you go on some flipping rant and behave the way you have why should I?

Freaking stop this now.

Alles Klar

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
So true Evilgenius88!

RWI is bar none the safest platform for watch enthusiasts. I'm not referring to only replicas, all watches. Does anyone think Chrono24 has owners, mods, admins, members, and anons as dedicated and vigilant as RWI? I'll just go ahead and answer that...they do not.

The suggestion that "nothing happens to scammers" is ludicrous and infuriating. From my observations, members and mods take any member getting scammed personally. I have read Brig threads where mods like RadDave and TripDog (the mod list goes on and on) have dedicated countless hours even responding to scams and scammers. If that's what we are able to see, imagine what we don't see going on behind the scenes!

The staff here has one main concern in the event of a scam which is that the member receives their watch or money returned. All of the initial actions are performed with this in mind. A lot of members are quick to hang the scammer however, admins and mods won't go nuclear if that reduces a scammed member getting their A) watch or B) money back. Different tactics are explored depending on each situation and the willingness or lack thereof demonstrated by the behavior of the scammer.

The culture of anti-scamming here has led to real-life arrests, the unmasking of career criminals, the unearthing of countless eBay/online misrepresentations, and relentlessly stopping their clones and socks.

I have never purchased or sold anything from the M2M section. This would be the absolute last place I would even think about scamming. The reach of RWI and its membership is both far and wide. The fact that scammers and scumbags still try on this platform amazes me. It goes to show you how low their IQ must be when there is a giant "THE BRIG" section here. If only they read how most scams end here.
I've seen more fake shit on Chrono24 than on this entire forum 😂

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
One more accusation that I'm playing games like this and you will be gone.

I have no problem trying to figure out what is wrong for a member. I'm always happy to help, but when you go on some flipping rant and behave the way you have why should I?

Freaking stop this now.

Alles Klar
I can't seem to PM to honestly ask for help so I'll just post it here, what can I do then? I've tried both mobile ISP and home ISP, so it's not the ISP. I've tried different DNS, so it's not the DNS. I tried VPN, so it's not my connection. The website loads perfectly fine when not logged in, but the moment I log in, incognito or not, I get throttled 100% of the time and redirected to theannoyingsite.com about 25% of the time. If I log out, it behaves normally.

Here's what happened when I tried to PM:

HHNbUo.png

You can also see how many times I've been redirected while trying to browse.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Confused Lauren Conrad GIF by The Hills

You're not stopping, are ya?

Has it ever occurred to you how it must come across to everyone if you claim to be almost unable to access the site, yet to keep posting just fine TO THE VERY SITE you claim you are barely able to access? 😂

Cheryl Tunt Logic GIF by Archer

Toolwatchtool

Insert Witticism Here
Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
I've seen more fake shit on Chrono24 than on this entire forum 😂
Exactly this.

There are also a ton of "hard-knock" stories on Chrono24 that all read the same. After a while, they all sound the same. "Selling because I lost my job, my wife, my dog, having a baby, and moving." I'm sure that some of the reasons are legit and maybe I'm just jaded but the more info a seller adds to why they are selling their timepiece, the more suspicious I become.

I'm not looking for a biopic about the previous owner, I am just browsing watches. Chrono24 is loaded with red flags.

Reactions: Mat_w

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
Edit: Nevermind, read the mods post saying to focus back on the inmate, so I'll oblige.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
So, since @wolfwood received the watch he paid for (and I'm truly happy for him), I'm wondering if we'll see a follow up on why this guy did what he did. Was he going to scam and had a change of heart when he landed in the brig?

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Was he going to scam and had a change of heart when he landed in the brig?

Wouldn't be the first time that RWI staff helped to recover money or watches. Has happened literally hundreds, if not thousands of times, often not even publicly (trust me, non-staff members have no idea what wonderful things go on in the background). 😉

Toolwatchtool

Insert Witticism Here
Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
So, since @wolfwood received the watch he paid for (and I'm truly happy for him), I'm wondering if we'll see a follow up on why this guy did what he did. Was he going to scam and had a change of heart when he landed in the brig?
Cue the typical "See everyone...I was never going to scam anyone! I totally sent the watch just like I said I would two months ago. After being in a car accident/possibly shot and dying in the hospital, I miraculously rose from the dead like Lazarus. Then I was super busy jet-setting between Milwaukee media appearances all while my "wife" handled my RWI business. You guys are real jerks to think I would scam here."

I'm just glad the buyers got what they paid for. In the end, that's all that matters.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Soooo, I would still like to know WTF exactly happened on @Chall662 end, so whoever can shed some light on this, please do so. (if I missed a post in this thread, pls gimme a #.

And depending on the answer to the first question, I'd love to know whats gonna happen to this account, since he did not technically scam anyone, but Im not sure on what transpired, so no idea if its justified or not to keep him brigged.

Sorry if this is described somewhere, or only the ADMIN team has some agreed upon guidelines for this, I'm just curious about the procedure of someone being smashed to bits here and then it turns out it wasn't justified for some reason. (not saying this is the case)

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I can't seem to PM to honestly ask for help so I'll just post it here, what can I do then? I've tried both mobile ISP and home ISP, so it's not the ISP. I've tried different DNS, so it's not the DNS. I tried VPN, so it's not my connection. The website loads perfectly fine when not logged in, but the moment I log in, incognito or not, I get throttled 100% of the time and redirected to theannoyingsite.com about 25% of the time. If I log out, it behaves normally.

Here's what happened when I tried to PM:

HHNbUo.png

You can also see how many times I've been redirected while trying to browse.
ublock is generally pretty shit, r u sure its not the culprit of your problems?