• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Waterproof clean problem ctime

Gurmann13

Horology Curious
30/7/23
France
Hi everybody.

I need help pleaaase :))

I bought a gmt batman CLEAN at ctime . I asked him for the top with deep crystal and he sold me the watch without telling me that to go in the water it had to be waterproof.

So I received my watch and I can't go in the water with it I'm very very bothered knowing that I live by the sea that I have a swimming pool ...

it's not proffesional !!! .

what should i do now?

Thank u

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Find somewhere that does watch waterproof testing. Get it tested. If it fails, get them to make it watertight.

Even if a TD claims a rep is waterproof, they're only parroting what the factory told them, and it's no guarantee. Chinese assembly QC isn't robust enough to have confidence their watches are consistently correctly sealed. Always get watches tested before taking them anywhere near water.

Reactions: mrsullivan

Cdstanley1

Horology Curious
7/6/23
United Kingdom
I recently purchased a Clean GMT DD3285 and had it waterproofed, as an added upgrade. It took a little longer to arrive but I have no intention to go swimming with it on (😳😳🤣🤣) I accidentally left it on when I showered this morning and it’s still working and as far as I can tell no damage. If you have it waterproofed, it should be exactly for that reason… accidental contact with water. Keep your replica away from water at all costs, regardless of waterproofing upgrades

Reactions: Nikamok98

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I recently purchased a Clean GMT DD3285 and had it waterproofed, as an added upgrade.
I wouldn't pay a TD to have a rep waterproofed in China. You've got exactly the same problem there as if you accepted a rep factory "guarantee"...

Did you get pics of the test and result slip from the TD?

Gurmann13

Horology Curious
30/7/23
France
I'm new to watches and I find it really stupid that a replica isn't waterproof. how do you do when you go swimming? see it removed and now everyone knows it's a replica

Lacoste watches at 100€ are waterproof and replicas at 700 are not? in 2023 it's a shit !

Cdstanley1

Horology Curious
7/6/23
United Kingdom
I wouldn't pay a TD to have a rep waterproofed in China. You've got exactly the same problem there as if you accepted a rep factory "guarantee"...

Yes I get a video of the results from the TD. It was a small cost and I plan on having the watch serviced over the next few months

Gurmann13

Horology Curious
30/7/23
France

I have qc but no waterproof test

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
have qc but no waterproof test
Sorry, my question was aimed at Cdstanley1

Yes I get a video of the results from the TD. It was a small cost and I plan on having the watch serviced over the next few months
LOL! Well, it's good that a) you got a video, and especially good that b) it was a small cost, because c) when you get it serviced, the waterproofing will need to be done all over again.

Why the service? Is there anything wrong with it? Seems you're determined to throw extra money at your rep for stuff that isn't necessary. If it ain't broke... :)

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
how do you do when you go swimming? see it removed and now everyone knows it's a replica
Don't wear it swimming and leave it around for anyone to see the watch. You are an adult with a pool and can leave it in the house while you play in the pool and no one will know you have a rep. Also why in the hell do you want to wear a watch while swimming?. Don't you think the Rolex tan lines would be a giveaway that you wear a replica?. Everyone would be whispering and laughing about how fake you are with that fake Rolex tan.

MonıcaSole

Horology Curious
29/7/23
Italy
Hi everybody.

I need help pleaaase :))

I bought a gmt batman CLEAN at ctime . I asked him for the top with deep crystal and he sold me the watch without telling me that to go in the water it had to be waterproof.

So I received my watch and I can't go in the water with it I'm very very bothered knowing that I live by the sea that I have a swimming pool ...

it's not proffesional !!! .

what should i do now?

Thank u
Can you please send me the Ctime link/contact you use. I need to check if it’scthe same Ctime I spoke to and told me they don’t sell just one watch but customise a minimum number.

Cdstanley1

Horology Curious
7/6/23
United Kingdom
Sorry, my question was aimed at Cdstanley1

LOL! Well, it's good that a) you got a video, and especially good that b) it was a small cost, because c) when you get it serviced, the waterproofing will need to be done all over again.

Why the service? Is there anything wrong with it? Seems you're determined to throw extra money at your rep for stuff that isn't necessary. If it ain't broke... :)
That’s a very good question! Although I’ve done a huge amount of research, I’m still a newby. The watch is loosing less than 1 second a day atm. (Lost 5 seconds over 7 days) but this morning I jumped into the shower and forgot I had the watch on. I’ve never taken it off since I got it. It seems to be fine, but I know it won’t be the last time that happens. So, having it serviced and waterproofed, to make sure the bumps and bangs from the journey from China to the UK, would be comforting so I know it’s still waterproof, would be comforting, so I don’t waste my money… incase it accidentally goes back in the shower 🙈

Gurmann13

Horology Curious
30/7/23
France
in addition I think that the chromalight does not hold at all. how long is it supposed to last? on an original it's 15h !

Cdstanley1

Horology Curious
7/6/23
United Kingdom
in addition I think that the chromalight does not hold at all. how long is it supposed to last? on an original it's 15h !
Mine lasts at least 12 hours with very good brightness. It’s summer time in the UK, so maybe in the winter it might be more apparent, but surely you do remember it’s not a genuine watch, yeah?

Reactions: wisedennis