• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watchmaker tool list for beginners

eqw72

Gangsterville
Supporter
Certified
8/9/20
Thanks for the effort! Didn’t know there was a bracelet link removal tool available at that price. Cheers!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PandaWatch

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/21
Thank you for making this information available.

Yongsama

Horology Curious
23/3/22
Thank you for the information. I bough a bracelet puller and scratched my case with it. Wish I had read this before.

Watchmero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/22
Thanks for the info! going to get a few basics added to my wishlist.

Swapmeet

Horology Curious
25/9/22
good luck!
@Oascom 1st: thanks for compiling this list! I love to tinker on things and who doesn't like buying more tools!?!
2nd: I bought a caseback remover set similar (basically identical) to the one you posted for Rolex, and none of the tools were large enough to engage the teeth. Curious how to measure the case back on Rolex Oysters so I can find the right tool/tools.
3rd: Many of your ebay links have expired. FYI...

element79

18/1/22
Thanks for sharing (with links) to these great tools!

Been kinda busy but now want to take up tinkering with watches again. Probably going to step up from some of the basic tools I used before so this is very helpful.

Reactions: Karbon74

JonS30

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/11
Awesome list, the tweezers I bought from Amazon recently were no good!

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
3FQpQ1.jpeg

I bought this on Amazon and I love it. I could not find a loupe with enough focal distance. This is perfect for my eyesight. Not the biggest magnification but enough for dial work (no ready for movement servicing yet), gundam construction and stitching

what's great is that you can use it with your glasses and you keep stereo sight.

For a quick work, the led is great. For longer session, I use a desk lamp and remove the visor batteries to lighten the thing.

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
one general question...i am just starting to dabble into watches.

I bought cheap tools to test out. Not much around 100€ for almost everything. Anyone has feedback using cheap tools? I will only use them on Vostoks or relatively cheap watches.

still, did I do something stupid buying low?