• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WatchEden "Same Structure As 7750-High Quality" NOT!!!

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
Very minor differences between my UPO and this cheapo version.

If it was advertised and listed as a "Same As" then to me that should mean that the case, crystal, band should be 100% identical and "minor difference" disqualifies a piece as "same as". I can see a minor variation in the dial as compromises might have to be made to accommodate the different movement.

I have bought a couple of watches from Tony and have been about 95% pleased but this kinda makes the whole deal very similar to a dhxxxx crap-shoot with inflated prices. The watch needs to be replaced and either the supplier dealt with by watcheden or the listing description needs to be changed

rarebear

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/7/09
Its not the discription so much its the pictures......

The image I posted is the watch I thought I bought, not the image from the 7750 watch page.. The 7750 image is different that "Same As" watch too..

I just expect whats in the picture..

Sarah has contacted me and I am returning watch for full refund and I'll keep you updates..

Thanks

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09

1249074759545.jpg

I see you´re somehow new to the hobby, and are still eating all the crap dealers put in their page.
If you get the cheaper watch, don´t expect it to be the same or "use the same structure" as the higher-end ones. That´s a rule, and you won´t find a single dealer that has something saying the less on their sites.

If you want a "7750 structure" then buy a 7750 itself, simple.

Everybody has complaints about their watches, but once you get used to seek what you want, and research about it everywhere too, you will know what to expect, not only ON the watch, but also FROM the dealers.

Ditto that, research a little more, fella.
:D

Cheers,
Spirit.
If u mean research another dealer, I will be with you, but researching a little more on that site will only end up in wanting to have em shut it down end get hooked up.
Once and for all guys: if Mr.Scam tries to sell the Whitehouse and Mr.Noob falls for that, Mr.Noob sure is a noob (which is no excuse to commit any crime) but Mr.Scam is a fukn scammer and if I can, I'll have him jailed, his stolen money confiscated and returned.
Watcheden's website is full of lies. They advertise genuine pure leather and ship plastic. They clearly affirm that "what you see is what you get". If u email them asking for clear explanations they will repeat the funny story about "what you see is what you get" and then send random crap. Just browse their site. I call that scamming, dont know about you folks. Some sites ended up in scam list for less than that.
The issue here that is getting lost is the truth in advertising.
Eating dealers crap is not my favourite activity, dont know about you guys, but normally if I see a lie I'll call it a lie, and a liar a damn liar. If Watcheden put crap on their page, why on earth are they still among trusted dealers? Maybe a noob is just a guinea pig for somebody, but I don't subscribe to that line damit.
Noobs are the reason why SCAM LIST and TRUSTED DEALERS LIST exist in the first place
Because an experienced buyer knows what to do and what to stay clear of already. If u think that the only way a noob could de-noobize himself is by getting scammed repeatedly, why on earth should he ask for advise in here? Being scammed is very easy, no need of help for that.
So, did I get it right? If I don't hold for given that Watcheden, although among the trusted dealers, is a ridiculous scammer (that's what i call that kind of "business") I am a noob and I have to take responsability? Oh please, it's not my duty to check what they sell and correct all the lies on their site everyday, while they just pretend it was a mistake and go on scamming. Lies are still there on their site.
Have a look here lol
Was this collected in a dust bin after a beggar had used it as a hammer and dumped it?
ap3.jpg

I ordered this one
33.jpg

Said to be Same as 7750 its not, I looked at the photos but is nice enough for me...

I received this one no engraving at all, different case, bracelet and back than the images on the sales page I ordered this watch from :(

iwc-5.jpg

I asked if it was a mistake that they sent this one by mistake.. I was told their professional looked at the images and said it was what I ordered...

I am not sure what there profession was but I don't think it has anything to do with seeing...

I asked in there online chat if they if they sell whats pictured on the site and was told yes of coarse...
The case of the watch poor rarebear got looks like plastic squiggled over with a cheap silver marker.
And more bullshit...
- the strap is not in leather
- the deployment buckle is a very bad value and do not close.
Look at their reply lol. In date 9/8/2009 he said:
Just see your thread... Feel sorry for the mistake we made and thank you for pointing it out. We have corrected the description.
If you have any comment and opinion, just feel free to tell us. We will try our best to improve. :D
Opinion? HE SAID THE STRAP IS NOT LEATHER. That's a fact, not an opinion.
Any comment and opinion? I have one: correct all the lies on your website and send a "High quality genuine Leather Strap" (copied and pasted from Watcheden's page today Oct 8th) to that customer. He paid for it already. If u apologize and do nothing to settle your mistake you are basically scamming him plus making a fool out of him.
This is how you try your best to improve.
Tag Heuer Concept page description on Watcheden: High quality genuine Leather Strap with Deployment Buckle. Still there on the site.
Check:
http://www.watcheden.com/tag-heuer-monaco-twenty-four-concept-chronograph-automatic-rose-gold-case-2009-new-version-i-37757-p-1

Still sorry? I bet you are still laughing instead...
"The Pictures you see are of actually taken at the Studio of WatchEden.com, You will get exactly what you see in our Pictures"
Watcheden states that on their site in EVERY PAGE on top of the pictures of the watch. So what's this crap about them not being responsible of what they sell? They are responsible of what they affirm like every other soul on this planet. Since when being a watch dealer puts you above justice?
Besides, send em an email asking for some info about their watches. They will confirm every single word on their site. It just gives us all clear evidence that deceiving customers is their line.

There's 22k members on this site, a very rich mine of customers. We can demand more than plain lies and excuses.
So let's call things with their bloody names or at least cut the crap, pls. I am still trying to be polite ya know...

A somewhat pissed off JellyJoe

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
Although I had a one good experience with Watch Eden I have to hold off on doing business with them in the future until they clean up their act. The above post and other posts like it on this Replica Foruma dn three others say the same story over and over. It most like ly will go on and 3 months from now another post like this on another Forum unles WatchEden clean up their inacuatate decriptions. I love the "Professional'. Basically he/she is a made up "good cop/bad cop" person. Just like the car Dealership. The Salesman says he wants to sell it to you but has to discuss it with the Manager. The Salesman goes into a Back room and smokes a cirgarette and comes back and says the "Professional" says it is the same watch. Nothing I can do.

Steve

roby69

Renowned Member
10/9/09
I wanted to do an order with watch eden but I decide to move on

they have to understand that selling rep is not like sell a gen.

everyone knows how a gen is so if you sell it you don't need a great description

sell a rep needs more attention, not a simply copy/paste

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
If someone had bought this from a dhgate.com or aoobuy seller and posted about it this thread would be full of admonishments like "that's what you get for not buying from a trusted dealer so quit crying", or "serves you right from buying from a scammer, you know they never ship what is pictured..." But, if the same thing happens with a "trusted" dealer then it's either overlooked or the buyers fault for actually believing what they read and setting expectations too high!

Beowoulf_1

Looking Around
19/9/08
Although I had a one good experience with Watch Eden I have to hold off on doing business with them in the future until they clean up their act.
Steve

Same here. I did have to send my watch back and they did fix it, but I never placed another order with them.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
A handful of corn for that fugitive chicken

@ Fireypete:
The fugitive chicken is always hungry and can't help it but strut... :shocked:

For those people still saying "what do you expect for 150$", check out this Automatic 200mt Diver: it comes home for 61$.

L10219175.jpg

Features include:
  • Case: polished/brushed stainless steel
  • Dial color: black dial
  • Bracelet: polished/brushed stainless steel
  • Clasp type: deployment
  • Movement: Japan automatic movement (21 jewels)
  • Crystal: mineral
  • Calendar: date display at 3 o'clock
  • Water resistant: 200 meters
  • Case dimensions: 41 mm diameter x 13 mm thick
  • Bracelet dimensions: 20 mm W x 9.5 in. L
  • Special features: sweep second hand; luminous hands and hour markers; unidirectional elapsed time bezel; skeleton see-through case back
Watch bands can be sized to fit 8.5 inch to 9.5 inch wrists. Extra links are available through the manufacturer.

New, prolly guaranteed 1 or 2 years.
Why should a rep cost more and offer anything less than that? The rep factories dont pay taxes and drop stale bread for their employees.
I think we are all paying damn good money already for our hobby, even for cheaper reps. So the least we can demand is to
STICK TO WHAT THEY SAY ON THEIR OWN BLOODY SITES.
Of course chronos are a different story, we all know the price of a decent automatic chrono mov. :bored:

Will you please kindly stop saying that 150$ is nothing, now pls? ;)

parafund

Known Member
30/4/09
Phew, Thanks for the thread. I was about to purchase from Watch Eden. I have been burnt the same from sites that are on the scam list (before I founf this forum). I believe if Watcheden is behaving the same then they should be placed in the same scam list. It is not fair. BTW, I have found out it is highly illegal to post anything fake in Australia. Receiving has plausable deniability but actually posting could incur jail time or at least a large fine. This means returning a faulty product could be playing russian roulette.

We need to have honest and reliable dealers in this forum. If prooven not to be then they should be removed, or a least a suspension for a period, 2nd problem longer and three strikes never to return.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Okay, guys, let's try to cool our jets for a minute here.

Rep watch descriptions are not one hundred percent accurate one hundred percent of the time. Most of the watches are dropshipped, and many times, the dealer is going by what the manufacturer has told them, so they don't even realize that their descriptions are not accurate.

However, I want it clear to everyone that WatchEden is not a scam site, and Tony is not a scammer. WatchEden has more than once been alerted to a problem and they have made certain that they make things right for the members here.

Yes, they should revise their descriptions as they become aware of problems. But let's not go overboard in trying to torch them.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I just did a quick scan of the WE website, it appears that they have more than one version of the quartz AMG chrono. I don't know of any on the website that match up to your pics exacly, but I still feel this is simply a case of you getting shipped the wrong watch.

Rarebear - have you asked WE for an exchange or refund, yet?

rarebear

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/7/09
Hi H,
Yes they said they will send a full refund about two weeks after they receive the watch back so about 30 days total..

They said something else but I could not figure it out :)

[FONT=&quot]By the way, if we just want to earn today's money, we don't need to answer your email and try our best to make an agreement with you.[/FONT]

I just send back watch to factory..

I have bought over a dozen watches from WE and this was the worse..
I had another I should have sent back but just ate the bezel falling off and loosing parts..
I had 2-3 with missing or stripped screw..
The good ones are very good and one should have never left the factory
I take this as a mistake..

There is site is easy to surf, huge selection and low prices on low end watches..

I am sure they could be better but they are what they are, I think they do try, you may have to ask them a few times to do the right thing..

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
[FONT=&quot]By the way, if we just want to earn today's money, we don't need to answer your email and try our best to make an agreement with you.[/FONT]

I think that what they are saying is that they are trying to agree on a solution with you because they are committed to longterm customer satisfaction, and that if they were only interested in earning a fast buck today, they needn't have bothered to answer your email.

rarebear

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/7/09
AH Yes,

If we just wanted only your money we would not answer your email ...

Thanks AHW

I think I had said, I wished they thought more about making money long term then short term... After they said their Pro said the watches pictured are the same.. That made me pretty sad as I have been doing a good amount of business with them at that point..

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
that sentences is translated from chinese and yes ahw you got it right, they are in for long term customer satisfaction.. seems like your understanding of what the dealers say are excellent now.

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
was thinking I would check the translation before sending a email but remembered I don't read Chinese

:biglaugh:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]By the way, if we just want to earn today's money, we don't need to answer your email and try our best to make an agreement with you.[/FONT][/FONT]

Yes the quote from WatchEden definitely is a direct translation from Chinese. Sort of like "I beat phone give to you" :biglaugh:

JellyJoe

28/9/09
I'd rather have the phone before it gets beaten :err: