• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Was I sold a fake noob daytona as a noob v4?

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/20
Oh ok I never heard of that factory. So to confirm this isn’t a noob v4 then as advertised?
I mean the sel doesn't lie, the clasp is from a noob v2, from what I understand. if you'd like to feel free to find the clasp codes of people posting qcs for daytona v4 or v3 to see if it matches, if it doesn't it's a v2 clasp.

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/20
I'm thinking at worst, they bought the watch from jfh (or someone sold it to them) and they swapped the clasp/entire bracelet.

Reactions: Jimr042682

Jimr042682

Renowned Member
20/6/19
I mean the sel doesn't lie, the clasp is from a noob v2, from what I understand. if you'd like to feel free to find the clasp codes of people posting qcs for daytona v4 or v3 to see if it matches, if it doesn't it's a v2 clasp.
From trusty’s website the v4 has the t1g also. I confirmed that before I bought but this bezel and dial is off

Jimr042682

Renowned Member
20/6/19
From trusty’s website the v4 has the t1g also. I confirmed that before I bought but this bezel and dial is in

Jimr042682

Renowned Member
20/6/19
These just aren’t the same 2 watches. And that’s the picture I was sent.

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/20

The center marker for 6 is really really small compared to clean. The subdials look "deeper" for some reason. and the cvrown guard looks a little iffy in my eyes. it isn't high enough? that watch isn't clean 100%

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/20
look at 9 and 3 they look like they are "too rounded"

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/20
My honest opinion is that he used a clasp by noob. the rest is jhf (or) it's a mix of watches he got his hands on. the fade though...I don't know anything about that...but it's likely a mashed together watch? not 100% jhf, 100% clean or such.

Jimr042682

Renowned Member
20/6/19
My honest opinion is that he used a clasp by noob. the rest is jhf (or) it's a mix of watches he got his hands on. the fade though...I don't know anything about that...but it's likely a mashed together watch? not 100% jhf, 100% clean or such.
Appreciate it. Had my suspicions and already brought it up to the mods. They told me to ask the Daytona experts here before doing anything. Thanks again!

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
@jim

i guess it was a good thing when I was asking you a lot of question on the sale huh?

So glad I have the gen to compare with this one.

Man.... I was hoping I could buy from here with less issues but even you got duped.

So annoying. Sorry it happened to you, Jim

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/20
Appreciate it. Had my suspicions and already brought it up to the mods. They told me to ask the Daytona experts here before doing anything. Thanks again!
I'm not an expert, but I just look around a lot!
the sel thing is really really really really weird if anything. In addition the dial fade and how the subdials look "deeper", and the crownguard looks diff is weird.
Unadvertised fade is shitty though.

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/20
@jim

i guess it was a good thing when I was asking you a lot of question on the sale huh?

So glad I have the gen to compare with this one.

Man.... I was hoping I could buy from here with less issues but even you got duped.

So annoying. Sorry it happened to you, Jim
Nooo don't worry about buying from here: most of the time members step in and the staff do, this was a one off I'm sure of it. We are a really really supportive community!

Jim will get his wrong righted.

Jimr042682

Renowned Member
20/6/19
Nooo don't worry about buying from here: most of the time members step in and the staff do, this was a one off I'm sure of it. We are a really really supportive community!

I agree. I’ve bought like 50 watches here and had very few issues. Maybe 3 and all were sorted out very fast. I was scammed on other forums and never had resolve. This is def the best spot to buy and sell.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh

I'm still here because I do trust the mods and I can tell they try to do their best.

I was the one Jim DMed to sell me this piece and I told him something is off.
He wouldn't have noticed anything if I didn't say something.

One of these days I'm going to be richer by inventing a tech that can stab scammers over the internet.

Jimr042682

Renowned Member
20/6/19
I'm still here because I do trust the mods and I can tell they try to do their best.

I was the one Jim DMed to sell me this piece and I told him something is off.
He wouldn't have noticed anything if I didn't say something.

One of these days I'm going to be richer by inventing a tech that can stab scammers over the internet.
I mentioned that the bezel was faded but thought that was a noob issue as all factories have quirks. The dial though now that I look at it vs other pictures is def way off. Good to have a community with lots of eyes to find these problems. Rwi is def the best.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
The dial and specially the thin and pink red daytona print is what caught my eyes.

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/20
the inner serial is noob v4, as other members have posted qcs that look just like it; though, the dial is off 100%. the sel I believe is not from a noob tbh.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Is there some kind of residue on the bezel? It looks like there's some kind of adhesive or something all over it preventing it from reflecting and shining like normal