• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Warning about TDs

Fish Head

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/18
Disagreeing with how people are treated here is not picking fights. Besides I dont fight on the interwebz

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Not a Mason

New members are treated roughly only when they are lazy and prefer to ask stupid random questions before reading ANYTHING around the forum, also when they want to be spoon fed (and still, it's a joke on the internet, you must be fun at parties if you get offended by random people on the internet).

I am relatively new as well, but i read quite a lot, i did my homework and i didn't need to ask anything except pretty technical stuff.

You decide how you want to appear to others, if people want to look lazy they then have to bear the consequences.

Also, if all new members could read the rules / stickies before writing any kind of post, they would find 90% of the answers to the questions they have

Reactions: nalomb and BIONONE

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Fish Head Let me get this right, you came in this thread to complain about TDs not being able to source the watch you wanted. They will either issue you a refund or ask if you want something else that they can source. If this is not good enough for you, choose a different hobby.

Then when an established member (Maron) tries to give you the short answer you insult him by calling him a 'keyboard cowboy' and complain that we are the ones treating others poorly.

The reason people like you get treated poorly is because of the entitled attitude you come in here with. "OH BOO HOO the TD can't get me the watch I wanted and didn't say they were unavailable" this is an industry of COUNTERFEIT WATCHES involving multiple roles from factory to middleman (TD), to the consumer, coming straight from China. This is not amazon. The trusted dealers have to contact the factories and see what is available, then they relay that information back to you. Get with the program, otherwise you know where the door is, top right of your screen.

Fish Head

2/12/18
Thanks for your guidance. Cant begin tell you how many hours I have spent reading on here. That has nothing to do with the way people respond. Seems like many want to be the smartest guy in the room which clearly Im not. I do find it interesting how many people are willing to take the time to tell me how wrong I am

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Thanks for your guidance. Cant begin tell you how many hours I have spent reading on here. That has nothing to do with the way people respond. Seems like many want to be the smartest guy in the room which clearly Im not. I do find it interesting how many people are willing to take the time to tell me how wrong I am

That's because you contradict yourself, so you read many hours and then you ask the really stupid question already answered 1000 times: "Is the Asian Super 3135 Clone Automatic Movement as good as the 2824?"

That's dense.

People respond nicely if your question has some ground or logic or even intelligence behind it.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
That's because you contradict yourself, so you read many hours and then you ask the really stupid question already answered 1000 times: "Is the Asian Super 3135 Clone Automatic Movement as good as the 2824?"

That's dense.

People respond nicely if your question has some ground or logic or even intelligence behind it.

Hey, mari115 you are being kind of a D-Bag about this. Lighten up.

And Fish Head you realize you are weighing in on a thread that some A-Hole started to try and trick people on the forum with his multi accounts right? That could be what is leading to some of the responses.

If you were posting in the flame free zone and learning there, you wouldn't get the same type of responses, so at least take responsibility in knowing where you are withing the forum and why you get certain types of responses.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hey, mari115 you are being kind of a D-Bag about this. Lighten up.

And Fish Head you realize you are weighing in on a thread that some A-Hole started to try and trick people on the forum with his multi accounts right? That could be what is leading to some of the responses.

If you were posting in the flame free zone and learning there, you wouldn't get the same type of responses, so at least take responsibility in knowing where you are withing the forum and why you get certain types of responses.

Got it, sure i'll chill right away.

I'm sorry but i kinda don't understand why some people feel this entitled.. cheers! :drinks_cheers:

Fish Head

2/12/18
Thank you Ralph I appreciate your direction. mari, I will hide in the flame free zone until my entitled ass has enough wisdom to compete with you and the others.:notworthy:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Thank you Ralph I appreciate your direction. mari, I will hide in the flame free zone until my entitled ass has enough wisdom to compete with you and the others.:notworthy:

not telling you to hide or anything man, in the end we all have the same passion

Fish Head

2/12/18
I guess the ironic part of all this is that really makes my head spin is, people want to talk junk to you when this whole thing is a sham and illegitimate as fuch to begin with. Be that as it may I have enjoyed all your company today. bye
netguy.jpg

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I guess the ironic part of all this is that really makes my head spin is, people want to talk junk to you when this whole thing is a sham and illegitimate as fuch to begin with. Be that as it may I have enjoyed all your company today. bye

Now it feels like you are trolling, so please stop, I won't ask again...

And love of horology is not a sham/illegitimate, and spending thousands of dollars on reps and frankens and not spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on gen watches might even be seen as a smart alternative from being homeless with a gen AP.

As one of our more senior members has in his signature, "in all my years on the forums, the rep forum is more gen than the gen forum ever was..." (I know this isn't exactly right) but this is basically translated to say that the people here are awesome and have a true love of horology, not just status symbols.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hor-Fan

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
netguy.jpg

You're just antagonizing members with your comments mate. If you think it's all a sham then you really are in the wrong place. Most of the members here are genuinely interested in horology and appreciate the watches for what they are. You seem to be taking everything the wrong way. I know for a fact you're one of the Reddit crowd that has invaded our forum recently just from your previous posts and attitude.

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
No clue, i was sincere about our passion, there was no need to keep going,

anyways, GN :eek:ff2bed:

I guess I was wrong, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but he insists on continuing to throw shade...

Reactions: mari115

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
You come in this forum, use the knowledge and resources here to purchase your watches. You ask questions and helps from other members. And when thing doesn't go your way you threw a tantrum and complain. You started to attack people when they pointed out what a brat you are.

You haven't done a single thing for this forum or any other members. You just want, take, and bitch when you do not get what you want. You should go out more often, learn how to interface with real people and stop being a whining brat.

Reactions: BD_O