• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Want a chrono QUARTZ!

ougeta

Horology Curious
30/3/09
Heron25 said:
make it look cheap to who? Only people who have any idea about the looks of a watch making it look rep are some AD's, some watchsmiths and some people on this board. I am willing to bet that 99% of the people who see your watch have no idea it's fake.

++ I agree- most people look at my rep. and have no idea... for someone to really tell the have to have a keen eye and and gen. in the hand or pic

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
You are correct. It's easy to get wrapped up in the macros shots and forget what it's like in the real world.

rip8

Horology Curious
29/6/08
Okey, Ill ask some of the ADs around here if they will touch it. But I still want something new, something that is more fitting for a 23 year old student.

The Tag F1 is nice, who sell the best one? Does Daytona4me sell to newbies like me?

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Avoid the AD. Here's a PO quartz:
P8210194.jpg

Did you notice the ticking second hand? :)

Xplodr

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
The Tricompax models are all the same whther they be orange or not. As staed before a quartz will not sweep. The 6,9,12 layout will eun the seconds on the right subdial.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Heron25 said:
make it look cheap to who? Only people who have any idea about the looks of a watch making it look rep are some AD's, some watchsmiths and some people on this board. I am willing to bet that 99% of the people who see your watch have no idea it's fake.

Well another point is 99% of people won't even know what an Omega watch is which I guess can make it all the better. People on the gen board I was visiting earlier would know the difference in a heartbeat, however. I like the correct bezel, this one looks more like a submariner bezel and i'm kind of tired of 16610's on these replica boards tbh. I have one PO with the incorrect bezel. It is okay but my 4th generation PO is a lot nicer and the bezel has more clicks. Also one thing I haven't checked on these ones with the wrong bezel, but mine doesn't have any insert lol. The 4th gen looks tremendously better with the insert. I may sell my non-4th gen some day, maybe someone will at least need the ETA movement and some of the parts ;)

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
nothing wrong with a quartz.

the Omega Planet ocean chrono in quartz has more correct subdials then the automatic....

i always looked at the ORIS carlo coste quartz watch.

no headache and problems with those ! - and cheap !!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Get a Seiko. And, NO - I'm not kidding. They're fantastic watches and no one will think it's a fake.
If you want something a bit more interesting and unique, go with a LumTec.

kazushi

5/8/06
levelmanroger said:
Get a Seiko. And, NO - I'm not kidding. They're fantastic watches and no one will think it's a fake.
If you want something a bit more interesting and unique, go with a LumTec.

[smilie=thumbsup.gif] [smilie=thumbsup.gif] [smilie=thumbsup.gif] [smilie=thumbsup.gif]

rainguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/06
I have a several quartz chronos, including 2 different IWC Portuguese variations and a Tag Heuer Kirum with stainless linked bracelet. If you're interested in seeing photos, email me: [email protected]. I probably going to eventually post these in the member sales section.

kazushi

5/8/06
rip8 said:
fakemaster said:
The Tricompax models are all the same whther they be orange or not. As staed before a quartz will not sweep. The 6,9,12 layout will eun the seconds on the right subdial.

Okei, so the jap quartz (os20?) will not sweep like the swiss eta quartz? ( http://www.timeshops.net/TG4099_-_Tag_H ... 7-4856.htm )
Im thinking abouth the stopwatch thing not the ordinary secondcounter :)

Quartz will not sweep ! you get one tick per second !

If time accuracy is what you are seeking out of a watch, go for nice Seiko as levelmanroger suggested.
However, if you are seeking "class" from a replica watch, then go for the most accurate rep
you can find and afford. Rolies that tick can be spotted, so can PO's. Don't risk being called out,
it's no fun !!
Someone mentioned 99% of the people out there have no clue ! Sure they don't, but it only
takes one who can spot it and is prick enough to call you out and make you look like a fool !

Just my two euro cents worth...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Dude. Seriously I'm just curious. We keep telling you that quzrtz ticks but you don't want to accept it. Why?

rip8

Horology Curious
29/6/08
I guess i have to send a email to the "trusted" dealers then :p

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
fakemaster said:
Yes because it's QUARTZ. :p

But FM, I don't get it? Rip8 is not talking about the subdial second hand but the centrum chrono second hand which on some quartz watches sweeps (or at least moves in 1/6th or 1/8th second increments). What about the Tag Heuer Formula 1? Does the gen centrum chrono hand "sweep" or is it in second increments, and, more importantly, are there any rep movements doing that?

Good of you to start and pursue this thread, rip8!

Xplodr