• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Want a chrono QUARTZ!

rip8

Horology Curious
29/6/08
Hi, I have a submariner from josh. And it keeps terrible time!

It is a dead givaway since its always showing wrong time :(

Thats why I want a quartz, and thought about a SMP or PO with chrono.

http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaste ... 7-p-1.html

Anyone got some tips? What about the above? What generation is it? And does it weigh the same?

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Total honesty here. If you believe that your watch not showing the correct time is a dead giveaway, then you will not be happy with this one.

tenshin2002

3/1/09
rip8 said:
Hi, I have a submariner from josh. And it keeps terrible time!

It is a dead givaway since its always showing wrong time :(

Thats why I want a quartz, and thought about a SMP or PO with chrono.

http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaste ... 7-p-1.html

Anyone got some tips? What about the above? What generation is it? And does it weigh the same?
Service, and regulate the watch. My FM SMP has been running +1 sec per day for a week now.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Have Fakey build you a SMP. It'll keep very good time and be an extremely good value.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Well we need to know his definition of terrible timekeeping. Plus what he deems a dead giveaway.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
... sounds like he needs a watch winding box to me.

I don't think omega ever made any chrono in quartz, I could be wrong. I know the ones I look at compared to the gens on the official omega page aren't right, I may buy one anyways. always good to have one quartz watch around imho.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
They didn't. But the chronos are so small it won't matter much. That's not the problem with this watch though. It is running seconds @6 on the 12 hour dial because that's all this movement can do.

rip8

Horology Curious
29/6/08
Wow, many replys allready :)

Well, the sub can keep good time, it just seldom does. Sometimes it can go on the minute for up to 2 days. Then suddenly it will be 30mins wrong og mayby 1hr.
I have tried different winding methods. Like only swirling. Winding 20rounds each day. And winding 40rounds each day. And just starting it and wearing it. None of it works :(
Thats why its a giveaway, people saying is your watch wrong or is it just me? hehe
but as i mentioned it can keep time if i will, it just wont :p
the pearl has fallen off too.

Thats why I want a quartz, as a daily wearer. Something that i can just put on and it will work.
Fakemaster: Total honesty here. If you believe that your watch not showing the correct time is a dead giveaway, then you will not be happy with this one.
Doesnt every quartz keep perfect time?

The reason i wanted chrono is because its difficult to see that it is a quartz.

If anyone know of a different site that sells nice quartz watches, or if Fakemaster has a nice offer please let me know :)

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
If you don't mind the subdial position then this would be fine for you.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
not to mention the incorrect bezel. it has been said on this forum that the 45mm version has a fluted bezel, I can find many photos of gens where that is not the case. I believe the UPO had the correct bezel if I'm not mistaken.

Gen, automatic:

100_0609.jpg

rip8

Horology Curious
29/6/08
I see now that what i said about the sub came out abit wrong (I blame my english skills hehe).
The reason I want another watch, is that the sub is showing wrong time all the time!
Sometimes it can run fine for about 2 days, but thats once every other month. So i have to check my cell to see if the watch is showing the wrong time. If i set the watch to the right time in the morning it usually is off by 30 mins in the afternoon :(

Just want a watch that is a bit more reliable :)

The Tag seems nice, but i dont love it like the PO or sub. But it beeing a quartz originally is good :)

So what you are saying is that im just unlucky with my sub, and other automatics are much better at keeping time?

pics of the sub:
IMG_0740.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/ ... G_0729.jpg

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I will second the tag, for 100 so dollars you cant go wrong.

Depending on the movement of your sub, why not get it serviced?

tenshin2002

3/1/09
I would just get the movement serviced and regulated.

rip8 said:
I see now that what i said about the sub came out abit wrong (I blame my english skills hehe).
The reason I want another watch, is that the sub is showing wrong time all the time!
Sometimes it can run fine for about 2 days, but thats once every other month. So i have to check my cell to see if the watch is showing the wrong time. If i set the watch to the right time in the morning it usually is off by 30 mins in the afternoon :(

Just want a watch that is a bit more reliable :)

The Tag seems nice, but i dont love it like the PO or sub. But it beeing a quartz originally is good :)

So what you are saying is that im just unlucky with my sub, and other automatics are much better at keeping time?

pics of the sub:
IMG_0740.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/ ... G_0729.jpg

kazushi

5/8/06
Actually the biggest giveaway for your Sub is the date font and the magnification bubble...

However, the quartz seconds hand ticking on a rep will be a bigger giveaway if you choose
a rep that uses a quartz instead of a mechanical movement...

Unless ofcourse you choose a rep of a watch that is actually a quartz model, so I guess a
lower end Tag quartz chrono is a good option...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Your date font is fine and the quartz would be fine. No one is going to see that stuff or care. On the watch you have. I would try getting it serviced and regulated. If that doesn't fix it then I would either replace the movement or strip it down for parts.

Heron25

Known Member
4/12/08
make it look cheap to who? Only people who have any idea about the looks of a watch making it look rep are some AD's, some watchsmiths and some people on this board. I am willing to bet that 99% of the people who see your watch have no idea it's fake.