• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VVSF / JVS 1266xx subs

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
every person who buys what they like, there is no perfect rep but the lugs of Jvs - VVSF- 3FF, are horrible, I have never seen something so bad before. What is that rounded piece of metal with such an ugly shape? how can you make something so ugly?

Controversial point, do you think the BP 124060 lugs are better? they look just a little thinner and closer to gen. For the price I'm struggling to see too many down sides of BP's offering.

Last edited:

Tete

4/11/16
Controversial point, do you think the BP 124060 lugs are better? they look just a little thinner and closer to gen. For the price I'm struggling to see too many down sides of BP's offering.

I honestly don't know yet, before buying a rep I research the different manufacturers for weeks or months, for me the most important part is the case, the rest (glass, DW, bezel ...) can always be changed later, but the case no. For now, for me, the best finish with better SELs and closest to Gen is Clean Factory. I don't like spending money on Franken, but if I order CF and I like it, I'll put gen crystal.

Tete

4/11/16

I know someone is going to say that CF lugs are fat, they may be a little fatter than gen, but much better than GMF, VSF and JVS. My VSF 116610ln has narrower lugs than gen, but it was one of the best cases in the sub40.

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Seems like every dial I see on these VVS/JVS models are different.

Some have fixed the “floating m” in 300m, some haven’t.

Some have a really odd coronet mouth.

Reactions: Tete