• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VVSF / JVS 1266xx subs

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
There's something spoils the party for everyone. Fortunately for me, I can handle a ever so slightly wokky rehaut, which is fortunate because every rep has a wok compared to gen.

Jnkay1

Known Member
23/3/12
Lucky for you. I could give a crap about microscopic dial font and shape of crown guards that bother so many WIS, but woks and gaps at the lug are painful for me. It’s a tough life.

Reactions: Tete

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

jYRjUR.jpg

Tete

4/11/16
same case with strange lugs but with changed serial number

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
The market is a mess with all these post raid new factories.
I wonder if they just grab whatever they can from those parts suppliers used to feed the closed down makers like VSF, XF etc, which may explain why we are seeing these newcomers having a mix of different parts assembled together

allez

The market is a mess with all these post raid new factories.
I wonder if they just grab whatever they can from those parts suppliers used to feed the closed down makers like VSF, XF etc, which may explain why we are seeing these newcomers having a mix of different parts assembled together

+1

If they all honest say it’s a new factory/model with partly vsf-supplier parts and like jvs they also do with their own pouch etc ok..

bad thing is that there are people try to sell it as a „real“ vsf to increase profit where they can (not RWI!)

Or even do not know it better and sell them on m2m as vsf.

Good thing in m2m is that vsf is a big trigger word and in 5 minutes every fake vsf is exposed :) … so interested and buyers have to learn the main differences to avoid fraud or mistakes however

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
If they all honest say it’s a new factory/model with partly vsf-supplier parts and like jvs they also do with their own pouch etc ok..

bad thing is that there are people try to sell it as a „real“ vsf to increase profit where they can (not RWI!)

Or even do not know it better and sell them on m2m as vsf.

Good thing in m2m is that vsf is a big trigger word and in 5 minutes every fake vsf is exposed :) … so interested and buyers have to learn the main differences to avoid fraud or mistakes however

Even if I agree with you.
Please note that it does not matter whether you want to sell a JVS as a VSF or a VSF as a gene (on which platform it does not matter);

A son of a bitch is a son of a bitch.

I have already transferred 500 euros to a dealer (no TD here) for a VSF 126610LV, but when I noticed that it was a JVS, I got the money back. Of course the dealer didn't know anything;) You have to be careful nowadays - in the rep world there are not ethical and moral compasses which are well aligned.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi KJ2020 - that's actually a QC of my JVS sub in the picture. Just wanted your opinion on the left side SEL - do you think I'd notice it on wrist?

Hard to tell exactly from that pic bro but often what we see in that area is SEL recess, not a SEL gap. It looks like SEL recess is good on these so we definitely are seeing a shadow on the upper inside of the top left (and bottom left) lug. There may be no gap there at all.

Last edited:

I CU2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/21
Hard to tell exactly from that pic bro but often what we see in that area is SEL recess, not a SEL gap. It looks like SEL recess is good on these so we definitely are seeing a shadow on the upper inside of the top left (and bottom left) lug. There may be no gap there at all.

Thanks KJ2020, I reached out to the seller and he confirmed it’s a SEL gap and sent me some pictures on wrist but said it’s “a good watch”. Here are some pictures on wrist: https://imgur.com/a/jhcVN1K

What do you think? :)

Last edited:

Tete

4/11/16
Thanks KJ2020, I reached out to the seller and he confirmed it’s a SEL gap and sent me some pictures on wrist but said it’s “a good watch”. Here are some pictures on wrist: https://imgur.com/a/jhcVN1K

every person who buys what they like, there is no perfect rep but the lugs of Jvs - VVSF- 3FF, are horrible, I have never seen something so bad before. What is that rounded piece of metal with such an ugly shape? how can you make something so ugly?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Pics are bad but I do see a small gap. You have to decide. I have rejected more than one for a gap that went all the way down the lug. There are other samples of these without any obvious gaps.