• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf / xf sea dweller now comes with vs3235 !

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Pass for me as the dial wasn't updated. Not talking about the "1" but the dial colour.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
1. Winding is much, much smoother on the VS Clone Movement. (Manual feeling)
2. No other Point;)

The XF is great.

Regarding the SELs: Seadweller does have SELs like this, not fitting, they are higher than on the Sub AFAIK.
Hmm... Winding on my XF feels great but I'm sure this is worth it for those who want to replace with gen parts. Anyway, my issue with the SELs is they're lopsided. Lower on one side than the other. Never seen that on gen, that's for sure.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hmm... Winding on my XF feels great but I'm sure this is worth it for those who want to replace with gen parts. Anyway, my issue with the SELs is they're lopsided. Lower on one side than the other. Never seen that on gen, that's for sure.

I believe you have a good work. Purely in terms of structure, it is not possible for a GEN ETA or SELITTA to come close to the delicacy of a 3235.

Personally, I wouldn't change/buy a new watch in your situation either.

centrum

27/7/14
One of the benefits of going with the upcoming VS3235 version: can replace with gen parts.

I am not into that, but I understand the people who'd like that.

Reactions: tongsui

Repmaster1337

TC, WM9 interested❤️
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
👍

Also the 72 hours power reserve is pretty amazing

And super smooth and silky winding which the 2824 can't match .
This and also insta date change rather than slowmo to midtnight: )

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
👍

Also the 72 hours power reserve is pretty amazing

And super smooth and silky winding which the 2824 can't match .

But then again, an ETA 2824 will wind "unsmooth" for another 15 years when your broken 3235 Clone has already been broken/replaced 10 times.

Reactions: Vi-Lo and wmass

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/5/14
But then again, an ETA 2824 will wind "unsmooth" for another 15 years when your broken 3235 Clone has already been broken/replaced 10 times.
Probably it's unfair to generalise the vs3235 is not reliable based on past history of clone Rolex movement ? Days of SA3135 etc sub par clones has long gone, clone movements has come a long way since Liaoning released Thier 3135 and 3235.

According to a few high volume watchsmith I know in China , they said the repair rate of Liaoning/dandong 3135 and 3235 are very low ,most common issue usually due to loose screw lodged at the escapement which can be prevented easily with an initial check or service.

I have serviced a handful of the 3235 and they are actually very serviceable and perform well afterwards , similar to thier 3135 counterpart.

I have Thier early batch of 3235 and still perform extremely stable on the timergrapher

Time will tell .

muiramas

Aristocrat
18/1/17
Clone 2824 - not ETA - just as likely to conk out. New 3235 clone can be bought.

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
Certified
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Clone 2824 - not ETA - just as likely to conk out. New 3235 clone can be bought.
I've been finding multiple movement sellers, dealers and supply chains in china but it has always came back empty for me regarding the VS3235.

Do you by any chance have someone who sells them brand new and not refurbished? A friend of mine needs to get his Sitting Duck Starbucks fixed...

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/5/14
I've been finding multiple movement sellers, dealers and supply chains in china but it has always came back empty for me regarding the VS3235.

Do you by any chance have someone who sells them brand new and not refurbished? A friend of mine needs to get his Sitting Duck Starbucks fixed...
Currently it's diffcult to source a whole brand new dandong 3235 as they are exclusive to vsf , couple months back vsf did open up for a week or so for Chinese locals to send back thier faulty vsf watches for warranty repair , but I think that has stopped .

Once the exclusive contract finishes with vsf then the dandong 3235 will be more available like the 4130 and 3135.

For now most just replace it with shanghai vr3235

Last edited:
Reactions: Tijdwijzer

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
Certified
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Currently it's diffcult to source a whole brand new dandong 3235 as they are exclusive to vsf , couple months back vsf did open up for a week or so for Chinese locals to send back thier faulty vsf watches for warranty repair , but I think that has stopped .

Once the exclusive contract finishes with vsf then the dandong 3235 will be more available like the 4130 and 3135.

For now most just replace it with shanghai vr3235
VSF is still open now, but they do not take in watches for warranty repairs. Even so, sending a watch back to china warrants significantly higher risks than shipping it out...

I think what we meant is buying off the movement itself from the "open" market.

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/5/14
Replacing a VS3235 with VR3235 requires a swapping of the stem, right? The same as it does with the VSF12X Subs with the VS3235.
Yeah , the vr3235 is based on 3135 , so 3135 stem will work .

Reactions: SS72

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
1. Winding is much, much smoother on the VS Clone Movement. (Manual feeling)
2. No other Point;)

The XF is great.

Regarding the SELs: Seadweller does have SELs like this, not fitting, they are higher than on the Sub AFAIK.
False, Gen SELs are closer to the ARF V4 than anything. VSF/XF SELs are awful and the reason I sold mine. For reference, here is the latest of the last XF and ARF V4. I have more if you really need to see. And pix with Gen as well.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
As a whole, I’m excited for this but am sad the pix I keep seeing all have the awful SELs, and the vid I saw with the movement shown on YT which is now gone (I think it was by YT user TopWatch) and that had the awful SELs also. Such a shame, cause there are merits for XF/VSF stuff, but the ARF V4 is miles better out of the box anymore.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
XF SD43s popping up for sale in M2M. Peeps are making room for the a VSF.

Looking forward to seeing VSF real-life pics and videos.

Edit: Funny, though, now I've gotten used to life without a cyclops, it's hard to go back. And removing it from the SD43 isn't an option, as the date sits too far to the left and, IMO, it just looks weird if the cyclops is removed.

Last edited:

botsyboy

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I sold mine because of the poor sels too. Way too recessed. They should be like the 12 series Subs with only the slightest recess.

Reactions: Seadwellermike

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania

True, but once you replaced that clone with an ETA, that movement is likely going to survive you. Those Chinese 3x35 clones are still built in some shed with mediocre QC, poor finishing, lower quality base materials and subpar tolerances compared to the real thing. No one would be crazy enough to claim it's anywhere near Rolex standards.