• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF will release 4 Crpo with their 8500 super clone movement

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
I really like my 42mm orange numerals, it’s a really well made, value for money, quality rep.

I do however think the SEL is the wrong shape.

I tried swapping the SEL from the Noob version but unfortunately the VSF lug width is a fraction larger than Noob so the Noob SEL was loose on the VSF case and the VSF SEL would not fit on the Noob case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to know would be if VSF takes a gen SEL, despite how onerous it might be.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Am I crazy or is my 12 and 6 marker crooked?

Full res:
https://picr.me/i/2019/03/08/V63lSG.jpg
https://picr.me/i/2019/03/08/V63w6y.jpg

The face looks off, but I can't put my finger on what exactly.

Also, what do you guys think of this lume? The hands look so dim compared to the markers
https://picr.me/i/2019/03/08/V63Rud.md.png

V63gQq.jpg

The numerals look good to me.
The triangle might look a little misaligned, but I'm pretty sure it is because of the angle.

I would accept it.

jtootill

Looking Around
8/10/13
Hi folks,
This is my second rep purchase so still relatively new to this. My first was spot on but I've just rejected this one on the basis that the pearl does not look centred to me:

VEVDfX.jpg

I also wasn't sure on the omega logo as it looks like it's sat higher on the left than the right.

Am I just being too picky here? The TD disagreed and refunded me immediately.

Thanks

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Hi folks,
This is my second rep purchase so still relatively new to this. My first was spot on but I've just rejected this one on the basis that the pearl does not look centred to me:

VEVDfX.jpg

I also wasn't sure on the omega logo as it looks like it's sat higher on the left than the right.

Am I just being too picky here? The TD disagreed and refunded me immediately.

Thanks

Agree with the pearl it is way off, and logo does look tilted but could be the angle...IMO right to reject. Out of interest which TD.

jtootill

Looking Around
8/10/13
Agree with the pearl it is way off, and logo does look tilted but could be the angle...IMO right to reject. Out of interest which TD.

Thank you, I appreciate knowing an experienced member sees the same issue!

This was from Tony so a little disappointed he didn't agree as I've ordered from him previously. I won't let this put me off and will reorder from another TD.

I spotted the issue on the original QC photo below and asked for the better picture I originally posted before rejecting.

madmax1967

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/19
Italy
Too picky? We could discuss for eons about that... and you could read dozen of threads about the argument...
My short opinion? for being a rep it looks good, because it's almost the best they can do... QC pictures should spot production problems, but always related to a REP, we shouldn't forget it...
I got the very same model from MK factory, and a GMT from VSF... I never checked the watches to that level, with magnifying pictures or side by side comparison with gen pictures... to me, anything that cannot be spot with naked eyes is just a detail, a curiosity, nothing more. My opinion, of course!

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
See this one.

VEbzTp.jpg

What do you think of that pearl and that 12?

havealooksee

Horology Curious
1/7/17
This is a great thread. Has anyone tried the VSF 43.5mm 8900 yet? Is there a thread? I'm searching all the forums and thinking I may go with the 45.5mm VSF 8500 with black dial, black insert and silver dial numbers.

Just ordered the 8900 from Trusty Time.

QC pics:

VEJa6a.jpg

VEJt9g.jpg

VEJL3R.jpg

VEJqCZ.jpg

VEJY62.jpg

VEJrTy.jpg

Last edited:

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
See this one.

VEbzTp.jpg

this is has different model number, it has different bezel and different shape markers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I know.
This is the 43.5mm version.

Just put this here because this is an official image that o took from Omega's website.
And even there the watches aren't perfect.

With that I meant to say that you guys shouldn't be so picky with your QC's.
Even Gen pieces can have flaws.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I know.
This is the 43.5mm version.

Just put this here because this is an official image that o took from Omega's website.
And even there the watches aren't perfect.

With that I meant to say that you guys shouldn't be so picky with your QC's.
Even Gen pieces can have flaws.

it's known that even gens have flaws, but that guy had every right to reject since the pearl is blatantly off centered, and the 12 and omega logo are tilted

swozrep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/19
Curious, do the 8500 cal crpos come in the wooden box or the red leather box?

jtootill

Looking Around
8/10/13
See this one.

VEbzTp.jpg

I do see your point mate, but that pearl is night and day compared to the one I rejected in my opinion.
Completely understand that they're going to have flaws, but my eye was drawn to it immediately (and the crooked omega logo) so was a little shocked the TD couldn't see it.
I've reordered the same watch so look forward to accepting and getting one of these beauties delivered! It's replacing a noob version with the silver numbers so look forward to seeing how it compares.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I understand (and I wasn't talking about anyone in particular) but it can be the angle of the photos sometimes.

You have every right to refuse the watch but I've been seeing some guys refusing a watch by nothing at all (some QC's even looked perfect to my eyes).

I was just showing that even GEN watches, even on the website promotional pictures, can have little flaws.

You know how the quality control is made at Omega (and on almost every swatch group brands)?
You check the watch naked eye, holding it at 30cm from your eyes.
If you can't spot the flaws by then you release the watch to be wrapped and sent to the distributor.

These QC pictures are much closer than 30cm to the naked eye.
You can always spot more defects (a lot more) with a picture.
Every watch product photo has to go to Photoshop to remove imperfections that you can see on the picture but not in real life :)

Cheers