• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
do any historians know if 116610 hands have changed over the years? for instance is there a period where the hour hand was more bold like the VSF?

Tete

4/11/16
Actually, not really.. ARF bracelet does not fit gen case directly, the SELs on ARF bracelet are a little longer than on a gen bracelet, so the bracelet won't fit without modifications. Also the spring bars are a little different too. So what happens here with VSF case is the same as with a gen case. If you want to fit ARF bracelet, then you would need either smaller diameter springbars (not exactly genlike, cause of the SELs), or you would need to drill out SEL holes.

It can be like in ARF DJ41 126334, the SEL is 1mm longer than gen, although the holes do coincide in both, it seems that in Arf sub the same does not happen. Something similar happened with JF and Noob.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Actually, not really.. ARF bracelet does not fit gen case directly, the SELs on ARF bracelet are a little longer than on a gen bracelet, so the bracelet won't fit without modifications. Also the spring bars are a little different too. So what happens here with VSF case is the same as with a gen case. If you want to fit ARF bracelet, then you would need either smaller diameter springbars (not exactly genlike, cause of the SELs), or you would need to drill out SEL holes.
I have three gen watches, 116610ln, 116520, and 116610lv, and they all have arf bracelets on and they fit perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
I have three gen watches, 116610ln, 116520, and 116610lv, and they all have arf bracelets on and they fit perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It did not fit for me and there are multiple threads here describing how it does not fit..so this questionable

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

loercase

Horology Curious
11/5/20
I want to comment I just got a VSF Submariner and it's freaking amazing, but I did notice that when I resized the bracelet and took out some links that the screws were *much* softer than the material of the bracelet and I stripped them somewhat getting them unscrewed. They are fixed in with a little bit of Loctite at the ends, so they are really on there tight, and the screw material is very soft and was damaged by the unscrewing process.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I want to comment I just got a VSF Submariner and it's freaking amazing, but I did notice that when I resized the bracelet and took out some links that the screws were *much* softer than the material of the bracelet and I stripped them somewhat getting them unscrewed. They are fixed in with a little bit of Loctite at the ends, so they are really on there tight, and the screw material is very soft and was damaged by the unscrewing process.

Give us some pics then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

Well that’s just not correct. Every single ARF sub bracelet I’ve had my hands on over the last year have been a 100% correct fit on my gen subs. Same with ZZF.

i did a review on the ZZF v2.2 tread of the 3 latest bracelets

Last edited:

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
Well that’s just not correct. Every single ARF sub bracelet I’ve had my hands on over the last year have been a 100% correct fit on my gen subs. Same with ZZF.

i did a review on the ZZF v2.2 tread of the 3 latest bracelets

Well, its just correct. There are a lot of people saying it does not fit, same it did not fit for me. Ive also explained the reason it does not fit.

I would even use the search bar for you, guys https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...utting-an-arf-bracelet-on-a-gen-sub-need-help

7five7

31/12/19
Reactions: KJ2020

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
ZKuBz4.jpg

Is that a zzf a2836? (I'm looking at the CG's)

The VSF sure has lovely crown guards!

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Well, its just correct. There are a lot of people saying it does not fit, same it did not fit for me. Ive also explained the reason it does not fit.

I would even use the search bar for you, guys https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-sub-need-help

So you post a link to a tread where 1 guy had an issue with a sub... 1 guy....

Maybe you caught a bad batch, but this is literally the first time im hearing that ARF is not interchangeable with gen. And ive had about 7 ARF bracelets though my hands over the last12-14 months, and not one of them wasn't a direct fit.

So lets just say that the numbers are not in your favor, and maybe this is misinformation you are spreading

Last edited:

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
So you post a link to a tread where 1 guy had an issue with a sub... 1 guy....

Maybe you caught a bad batch, but this is literally the first time im hearing that ARF is not interchangeable with gen. And ive had about 7 ARF bracelets though my hands over the last12-14 months, and not one of them wasn't a direct fit.

So lets just say that the numbers are not in your favor, and maybe this is misinformation you are spreading

"1 guy" (him, other people in comments, people over Reptime, me (and Ive personally tried it on 2 gens). Not to mention other watches, not only SUBs, their SELs are longer on many of their watches.

I know there are people like you, who can't say nothing else other than 7 ARF bracelets (which sounds strange already), not comparing and explaining anything, but throwing accusations, so I'm not going to argue with you. Not really interested in convincing you. GL, mate

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
"1 guy" (him, other people in comments, people over Reptime, me (and Ive personally tried it on 2 gens). Not to mention other watches, not only SUBs, their SELs are longer on many of their watches.

I know there are people like you, who can't say nothing else other than 7 ARF bracelets (which sounds strange already), not comparing and explaining anything, but throwing accusations, so I'm not going to argue with you. Not really interested in convincing you. GL, mate

I’ve been doing different builds over the last year, and selling them on, that’s why the exact number. “not comparing and explaining” well I did write previously that I did a review of the different bracelets, maybe you missed that.

This is not about convincing me, this is about you confusing new/other members with what you claim to be facts, without much evidence or statistics to back it up

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
I’ve been doing different builds over the last year, and selling them on, that’s why the exact number. “not comparing and explaining” well I did write previously that I did a review of the different bracelets, maybe you missed that.

This is not about convincing me, this is about you confusing new/other members with what you claim to be facts, without much evidence or statistics to back it up

At least I've provided more evidence than you ;)

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
Sonofalich which springbars do you use?

Also, tbh, if you use gen springbars and it fits, there is a possibility of different bracelet batches. If I use gen springbars there is no way it would fit, only if I use smaller diameter springbars.

And just to conclude all the show, ive mentioned that only cause someone said that if ARF bracelet does not fit, then VSF case is not genlike, which does not make any sense to me, cause ARF bracelet does not fit (lets say) some gens without modifications (smaller diameter springbars or others, ive mentioned in my previous comment).

Last edited: