• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

bolts40

Renowned Member
23/7/16
Parrish, FL
VSF lume is pretty good.
01951c482af456659e3f3edb16bceb64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc_Savage

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
[mention]Koric [/mention] yeah he sure does! Please use the c12...

Yeah regarding the Lume it wasn’t fully charged when I hit the hay and when I woke up prematurely before dawn it still had a faint glow!

Regarding the date change (non)issue I noticed when I first got it it changed automatically at midnight but manually like 10-15 minutes before. Then when I set hands to change manually at midnight the automatic shifted like 10-15 minutes after midnight. Both work but for some reason there is a consistent discrepancy in the mechanism. [mention] Tete [/mention] ‘s watch maker said it might have something to do with overly lubed components. If that’s the case as it dries out I wonder if I can expect over time the automatic change to move closer to midnight where I manually set the hands. Will loosely keep an eye out if I’m up that late and check in with an update if any.

Tete

4/11/16
[mention]Koric [/mention] yeah he sure does! Please use the c12...

Yeah regarding the Lume it wasn’t fully charged when I hit the hay and when I woke up prematurely before dawn it still had a faint glow!

Regarding the date change (non)issue I noticed when I first got it it changed automatically at midnight but manually like 10-15 minutes before. Then when I set hands to change manually at midnight the automatic shifted like 10-15 minutes after midnight. Both work but for some reason there is a consistent discrepancy in the mechanism. [mention] Tete [/mention] ‘s watch maker said it might have something to do with overly lubed components. If that’s the case as it dries out I wonder if I can expect over time the automatic change to move closer to midnight where I manually set the hands. Will loosely keep an eye out if I’m up that late and check in with an update if any.

It is changing me at 03:00, if I move my hands manually it changes at 00:00. My watchmaker still can't take care of my VSF, I don't think it's serious

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
I'm not sure if I'm going nuts but I replaced my datewheel to gen last night and it is much easier to read the date now. The glare from the cyclop is significantly reduced and it's much easier to read in low light. It seems as if the gen white background just absorbs all the glare.

I'm going to install a gen xtal next and I'm 100% sure it will accentuate the black hole effect.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
I'm not sure if I'm going nuts but I replaced my datewheel to gen last night and it is much easier to read the date now. The glare from the cyclop is significantly reduced and it's much easier to read in low light. It seems as if the gen white background just absorbs all the glare.

I'm going to install a gen xtal next and I'm 100% sure it will accentuate the black hole effect.

Pictures ? :D

Reactions: Tete